A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Well, we leave tomorrow!!!! I am going to get one more post in tonight and the rest will have to wait till we get back.

Day Seven: Traveling around the World

After our meeting some characters, it was almost time to use our fast pass for Test Track. But I suggested a pit stop on the way...

To Club Cool!

Gwen actually trying some.
Gwen is not a big soda / fizzy drink gal but she tried some this time!

She like Bibo which I don't think was actually carbonated.

Must try them all
It was a short little stop and we will def need to do it again this trip before it is closed.

We headed to Test Track next.

Car Topiaries
But stopped again for a photo.

M&G with Cars Topearies
My sisters little boy loves cars, trucks... typical boy stuff, so I made the girls take a picture in front of the topiaries.

Then we FINALLY made it in to ride!

Morgan's Car
Morgan made a teal car, that looks like her room, basically.

Gwen's Car
And Gwen made a Pink car, shocker!

Morgan wanted to have her car beat Gwen's car, and she did easily, as Gwen was all power.

After our ride with speed, we checked out some of the stuff as you walk out. The girls wanted to do the booths there, so we let them to do that.

Morgan's Drivers Liscence

Gwen's Driver Liscence

Someone is a little more sassy than the other one...

And then we did another photo strip one.
Photo Booth
I think Andy formatted this to look like one. It is super disappointing that you don't get the photos in that format.

We headed back towards the world showcase for our dinner reservation. There was MUCH debate as to which way we should go to be to Italy for dinner from Test Track. Andy wanted to go right, and around England, France, etc... And I thought it made more sense to go left and pass Mexico and stuff. I ended up winning out, as we hasn't walked that way yet.

Gwen & Panchito
We stopped in Mexico for a tour through Mexico! There was a little bit of a line, but it wasn't bad at all.

Restaurant View
While we floated by the restaurant, Andy wanted to try the restaurant here. I said it gets mixed reviews but might as well try it once, right?

Mexico Fireworks
My favorite part of the ride.

3 Cabalaros
And this part. ;)

After our ride, we wandered around to look at the stuff (or Merch, as Gwen calls it) but we weren't really into most of it. So, we headed out.

I of course, NEEDED a get a margarita, since I was in Mexico.

While I waited in line, Andy and the girls took some selfie's apparently...
Andy and the girls in Norway

I ordered this beauty!
The Mayan
it was the The Mayan, El Velo Blanco Tequila, Grapefruit Liqueur, Elderflower, Lemon Juice, Cardamom and Peychaud Bitters and Ginger Beer

Andy and I was going to share but Andy wasn't feeling the Ginger Beer. So I basically got to drink most of it.

We moved on towards Norway.
Anna & Elsa Topiary
And found these topiaries.

Anna and Gwen
I tried to get the girls to pose like the two sisters... Gwen was up for it... Morgan not so much...

The Sisters
Sigh...

I think we had a Potty Break here in Norway as well. And then headed into the store to buy some cookies for the grandmas.

Norway

Andy and his BBF Troll
Andy hung out with his BFF while us ladies shopped. I had the girls pick out candy bars to take home as well.

With cookies & candy purchased, we headed out.
Troll Topiary

Morgan wanted "squishies" and I really thought that wasn't happening but I suggested we stop in China, might as well.

Dragon

China Puppets
Gwen played with these. A hard no on buying those kid!!!

But Morgan did find a Panda Squishy! She ended up getting that and a necklace with her name in Chinese as her "thing" for the day. (Panda will show up soon) Morgan was super happy with her things, so we moved on.

Next stop was Germany. No pics, but we did go in and get some desserts to eat later. I think this might have been our first real stop inside. How I don't know but we won't skip it again!

Lion King
We came up to this topiary.... And all of a sudden, morgan was ready to re-create this one!

Lion King w M&G

We made it to Italy right on time for our dinner reservation! Perfect timing!

Up next dinner!

There was even someone near by chuckle at us. Morgan was literally trying to look like she didn't know us. Mission accomplished!

Hah! I thought it was a fun photo!

They were enjoying the whole expierence.

Glad the pick a pearl was a success.

The lady had them each hold there pearl and make a wish before putting them in to the necklaces. They just really did a nice job of making it just a little extra special.

Love the Minnie Mouse necklace. That's a great way to display the pearl chosen at WDW.

There was an older couple sitting next to us eating some ice cream. They were perfectly content and said literally NOT A SINGLE thing to each other the whole time. It was like they had some all the way to EPCOT just for ice cream.

Maybe they were locals and were just like, "You in the mood for ice cream? Let's go grab some from Epcot before later after your appointment." :rotfl2: Wouldn't that be the dream?

Ok, Maybe this is the best part. Nothing better than Monty Python's face in the moon! Ha

That actually is Landon's favorite part of the ride. When he's talking about it he'll go, "A face on the moon!" and start cracking up.

And I thought it made more sense to go left and pass Mexico and stuff. I ended up winning out, as we hasn't walked that way yet.

This is always the way to go to get to Mexico. Heading left is like, the unspoken Epcot rule.

Next stop was Germany. No pics, but we did go in and get some desserts to eat later. I think this might have been our first real stop inside. How I don't know but we won't skip it again!

I hope you do stop inside the German pavilion this trip.

We chatted for a bit, had a bathroom pit stop, and then headed to all ride Slinky Dog! We all managed to have Fast Passes at the same time with no coordinating! I guess great minds do think alike!
Impressive! Hard enough just to get any fast pass there, let alone luck out like that!
I love Slinky Dog, it's a great coaster, just long enough and super fun. Unfortantly I wasn't able to get us fast passes for it this trip! The fast passes situation in HS is going to be a bit of mess for a bit I think.
It could be bigger, faster and longer, but I'd say that about most coasters. :rotfl2: Definitely a fun ride though!
But it came out nice except the smoke basically hidding the Chinese Theater.
Just consider it theming. Supposed to be in Hollywood right? It's not smoke, it's smog!
It was a nice ride, and we got to peak at the Beach & Yacht Club! While on the boat, I tried to get us a 4th fast pass and ended up getting a Test Track Fast pass to do later in the day.
Shade, a seat and time to grab FP... not bad at all.
We had a few things we wanted to do and of course, weren't really near each other.
That's just how it always works at EPCOT. You walk 5.7 miles to do 2 things.
I can never remember which is which or which one I like better. I need to order both and do a side by side taste test... Either, way, always good!
That looks like the Grey Goose Citron Lemon Slush... DW loved that one. The orange one is definitely more orange.
They did point out that since it wasn't there jewlery that it could loose the pearl. (basically just cover themselves)
So does that mean they'll guarantee you won't lose it if it is in theirs???
B has that same necklace.
Which THANK GOD!!! I was so worried one would have ended up with something cooler than the other or something.
Well, one of them is 1/4 mm bigger... good thing that didn't cause mass chaos.
There was an older couple sitting next to us eating some ice cream. They were perfectly content and said literally NOT A SINGLE thing to each other the whole time. It was like they had some all the way to EPCOT just for ice cream.
Ice cream. No talking. Perfect! :rotfl2:
I was taking pictures of the topiaries while he ordered and I turned around and he had 2! Oye!
When in World Showcase...
I don't remember any other version but I wish I had seen them.
I vaguely remember the original version. I know I loved it as a kid and had all kinds of Figment and Dreamfinder stuff so apparently it was a favorite. I somehow managed to miss the second version and it must have been horrible no longer than it lasted before being replaced with a skunk.
Someone is a little more sassy than the other one...
Really? I couldn't tell... :rotfl:
And I thought it made more sense to go left and pass Mexico and stuff. I ended up winning out, as we hasn't walked that way yet.
::yes:: When in doubt, always go past Mexico!
We stopped in Mexico for a tour through Mexico! There was a little bit of a line
:faint:
While we floated by the restaurant, Andy wanted to try the restaurant here. I said it gets mixed reviews but might as well try it once, right?
::yes:: I love the Mexico pavilion, it's one of my favorite places in WS. Definitely worth eating there at least once for the ambiance alone. But the food isn't anything special. I think it is good, I have no complaints, but it doesn't stand out on food alone amongst the many other great options in EPCOT.
I of course, NEEDED a get a margarita, since I was in Mexico.
::yes::

Also, you definitely picked the right way to Italy. Andy is crazy :-)
I mean, I am always right!...

Joe would totally agree with this! Hee! Hee!
I did feel a little old saying it.

Maybe they were locals and were just like, "You in the mood for ice cream? Let's go grab some from Epcot before later after your appointment." :rotfl2: Wouldn't that be the dream?
It totally seemed that way. And wouldn't that be amazing.

So does that mean they'll guarantee you won't lose it if it is in theirs???
maybe? I mean the pearls can't actually be worth much.

Well, one of them is 1/4 mm bigger... good thing that didn't cause mass chaos.
Right?!?! I was more worried about one of them getting the "twins" pearls.

It is my goal to go to the F&G festival one day. I love flowers and gardening, and I want to see all the pretties!!!

I love the pics from your Ralph and Vanelope meet. Super cute! And the puck of the girls recreating the Lion King topiary is too funny! :rotfl2:

We ate at the restaurant inside the Mexico pavilion on our last trip in Sept. I was very much NOT impressed, but my sister and her husband, who were with us at the meal, loved it. :confused3 So you never know, I guess.

Hope your trip is fantastic!!!

Well, I am back from my errands. Morgan had a sleepover last night, so she is dead to the world in her room. And Gwen is busy repainting squishies, so we are all kind of chill. SO, I am going to get another post in before I have to start dinner.

Day One: Travel Day & EPCOT (Part 4)

We headed towards Spaceship Earth to use our first fastpass of the trip!

Gwen's teacher told Gwen that she needed to take a picture of a palm tree for her. So, Gwen wanted me to take this photo. I kind of like it!

The fastpass line was longer than I would have liked it to be but it moved fairly well. And we really only waited 5 minutes. And before long we were passing Space Jesus.

The girls sat in front of us, so I gave Morgan my phone to take a family selfie...

I think she might need to work on her selfie skills a little...

We took our time travel seriously and paid close attention!

I always think this animitronic looks like Aziz Ansari from Parks and Rec. And I always try to get a good pic but htey are always blurry.

And then this guys always reminds me of Ron Swanson...

But in all seriousness, we all actually love riding this ride. I am always surprised that the girls like it so much.

After our ride it was about 5:30, so we had just missed the next class. So, we took our time walking back over that way. We ended up stopping at the Pin Trader Booth and buying the Figment Painting search thing.

I thought the girls would really like doing it as we walked around and I knew the prize was coloring books and I thought they would like those as well. And I got to use our AP discount for the first time! Woo Hoo!

After we checked out the living statues and some chalk art on the way back.

We were back inside around 5:45 and got in line for the next class. This class had just done the Orange Bird!!! Man, I was a little bummed that we didn't get to do that one! But it was what it was.

Morgan was practically giddy waiting to do this. She was beyond excitied. She has a few how to draw books and pulls them out periotically and has gotten much better at drawing. Back on one of our trips a long time ago, probably our second trip maybe. We waited to do the Animation drawing class when it was in Hollywood Studios. And Morgan started crying histerically because her drawing didn't look like the professional animators... Oye! So, she was ready to redeem herself!

We were let into the area once the last class left and the CM set up new paper and pencils. They had a nice drawing table set up on the stage. Since we were first in line, we got front row seats! A bunch of folks finished the last class and just got right back in line.

Waiting for the class to start!

The animator started right on the half hour. They had a camera on drawing he was doing and screens on each side for everyone to see what he was drawing.

Our character this time was Meeko! Which Morgan was also super excitied about drawing. I was a little more meh on the character. The animator took you step by step through drawing the character, so, it wasn't "hard" to draw just hard to make it look good!

Here is Morgan and her final product. She loved doing the class!

This was Gwen's Meeko. She said it looked more like Talouse the cat from Aristocats than Meeko. Which I kind of agree but still cute!

Andy's version. But he is probably the best drawer in the family even if he is a copywriter by trade.

And mine...

I hung up the drawings we did on the stairway from the last trip. And plan to replace them with these. Because we some how lost Gwen's from that first trip. :( .

It was def worth the effort for us to do. It did kind of strew up our evening, as I didn't think we would still be in Future World basically so late in the evening. But it def made Morgan happy!

We headed to redeem our "prize" for figment, as I wanted to make sure we did that this trip. So, we headed to the Disney Traders, I think that is what it was called. (one of those 2 pagaoda like stands right as you enter into the World Showcase.

The CM that helped us was really nice but kind of slow. And at that point, we needed food. She took the time to show the girls all 4 options and some of the pages. It was really nice but I was just be impatient.. She also kept going on and on about how the books were on ebay for like $30 a piece and we should take good care of them.

This is what they choose. And I was a little disapointed as I thought they were going to be a little more of complicated coloring. But it makes sense that they weren't.

With those in hand, we headed into the World Showcase! We needed to head towards Norway as we had a fast pass for Frozen Ever After that was coming up quickly.

As we passed through Mexico, we checked out the food booth for FoAs. Andy decided he wanted to try the Scallops. And I decided I wanted a margarita. So we split up to wait in the two lines.

I do NOT like scallops but he convinced Morgan and Gwen to try a small bite. Gwen said, it was ok but wouldn't ask for it again. But Morgan actually really liked it!

Andy said that the puree that they were on was really good as well.

The line for the outdoor margarita stand was fairly long. It was National Margarita Day. So, I ended up getting out of line, as I wasn't sure I would have time to drink it all before we needed to ride Frozen. We needed to use our fastpass by 7:00 and it was 6:40 at the time.

So, we ate our little snack and then headed on towards Norway!
the dilemma! Wait for your frozen Margarita or ride Frozen ever after

Tough choices on vacation!

I was behind but enjoyed catching up. I'm so glad the girls enjoyed Pick a Pearl. That's a favorite my girls. I really like the cages you got and might try that for next trip. I hope y'all had lot s more fun the week in Disney.

It was a short little stop and we will def need to do it again this trip before it is closed.
Yes, I made sure I stopped at Club Cool a couple times this past trip, too. I'm sad about its closing.

We headed to Test Track next.
Guess what?! I got evacuated from TT on my trip! Life goal accomplished! And the funniest part? The ride photo showed up in my PhotoPass account later that night... with an empty car :rotfl2:

We came up to this topiary.... And all of a sudden, morgan was ready to re-create this one!
This is awesome!

It was SO wonderful getting to meet you, Andy, and the girls on our trips. You have such a lovely family and I was so happy I got a chance to meet you all :grouphug: I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!

Hello Everyone!!! We are back! I hope to finish up this trip report soon! We had a great trip, and I am trying to coble toegether notes and pictures before i forget everything!

Guess what?! I got evacuated from TT on my trip! Life goal accomplished! And the funniest part? The ride photo showed up in my PhotoPass account later that night... with an empty car :rotfl2:
You know you are hard core if you WANT to exacutated from a ride!!!

It was SO wonderful getting to meet you, Andy, and the girls on our trips. You have such a lovely family and I was so happy I got a chance to meet you all :grouphug: I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip!
It was so great meeting you as well. I wish it was for longer. Coordinating with Andy's sister and family ended up being a bit much for me. They have a lack of planning but obviously Andy wanted to see them. It became a lot! But I am glad we got to meet!

the dilemma! Wait for your frozen Margarita or ride Frozen ever after

Tough choices on vacation!
Right?!?!

I was behind but enjoyed catching up. I'm so glad the girls enjoyed Pick a Pearl. That's a favorite my girls. I really like the cages you got and might try that for next trip. I hope y'all had lot s more fun the week in Disney.
Glad you are all caught up. I will hopefully be back soon to finish this one up!

She like Bibo which I don't think was actually carbonated.

I like that one too, and the Japan one next to it. It is more like juice to me, I wish it was available everywhere!

48215777552_9c57d61e4f_z.jpg

LOL, i love it!!

But then when they lined us up, we ended up towards the back and Kari graciously switched so Morgan could have the very back and that made all good in the world again!
Well wasn't that nice of me. Don't tell anyone. Will ruin my rep :earboy2:

53513228_10157269761867754_7983759537955930112_n
We got one last picture together. (Again thanks to Su-Lynn) and we all went our seperate ways...
She is certainly on her selfie game. I got none!

Untitled
Gwen wanted the drink with Cotton Candy on it. Which was the Secret Identity one.
Secret Identity
Oh good thing Casey didn't know about this. I would be in so much trouble for not getting this for her.

It was a nice ride, and we got to peak at the Beach & Yacht Club! While on the boat, I tried to get us a 4th fast pass and ended up getting a Test Track Fast pass to do later in the day.
We must have been within minutes of each other because this is exactly what we did!

They really enjoyed the whole expierience and it really wasn't that pricey. All things considered.
Casey did it a few years back and really liked it too. For the price I certainly think it is worth it. That was until she lost her necklace. Guess we'll have to go back!

Untitled
This is her DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT face.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Untitled
We got a great group shot...
That is great! Ralph makes everyone look so tiny!

The Mayan
it was the The Mayan, El Velo Blanco Tequila, Grapefruit Liqueur, Elderflower, Lemon Juice, Cardamom and Peychaud Bitters and Ginger Beer
Speaking of right behind each other we stopped here too though your drink looks oh so much better than mine

You know you are hard core if you WANT to exacutated from a ride!!!
You're SO right! :rotfl2:

It was so great meeting you as well. I wish it was for longer. Coordinating with Andy's sister and family ended up being a bit much for me. They have a lack of planning but obviously Andy wanted to see them. It became a lot! But I am glad we got to meet!
I can imagine it was a bit... complicated trying to work into plans Andy's sister's family as well as trying to get meets with lots of other people while down there. I'm just so glad we got to meet! Your girls are absolutely lovely :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter