A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

I managed to get behind this man with a backpack that I swear had a million pockets. It took FOREVER!!! Even Gwen said something after about how many pockets he had! Ha!

oh my goooooosssshhh I hate getting stuck behind the endless pocket people in bag check!!!!!

47446231342_abc69e8d56_z.jpg

Aww, I really love this photo. Those shirts are cute!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I've never seen that happen before! We have some missing the "magic", but never with the magic right in our face, lol

Do you see Gwen's just got married button? It's her favorite one... :confused3

That's funny!

Then, she said, I like that the Red Head Lady gets to be in Charge.

Gwen has girl power!

:dogdance::dogdance: Girl Power, Gwen!! I like that the red head is in charge too!! ::yes::

Then my dad and mom made us taker a picture in front of the flowers in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Then another in front of the castle.

I read this out loud to Xavier (my oldest, 15). He relates to this on a deep, personal level :rotfl:

The person that took us on the tour was way to chatty, all he did was tell jokes. it was very annoying.

This is hilarious. So maybe Jungle Cruise Skipper is not a future job for Morgan.

I'm too lazy to write how and what we did. So, I'm just writing the rides. First carpets, then pirates, then jungle cruise....

:rotfl2: I died when I read this. Another I read out loud to my boys - this is sooo Leyton (my youngest, 13)

Does anyone take the same picture over and over again. I am pretty sure I have many versions of this treehouse...

Yes!! And I don't see myself ever stopping. It's like a compulsion: Must. Take. Photo. Maybe one day I'll make a collage of all the years of same photos and see if anything has changed :rotfl:

Day Two: Magic Kingdom Part soemthing... (maybe I should stop the part thing... I already lost track) How about "A Mermaid and a a Tuna"

So, I left us off heading to the Little Mermaid Ride. We got in line and there was a line!

LMR Gwen
Gwen specifically requested this picture.

LMR Dear Friends Sign
Since there was a line, I figured it would be a good chance to find all of the crabs!

LMR Morgan
First area, had no crab, so Morgan made a crab with her hand.

LMR Crab
Found one!

LMR Crabs
Found another one!

LMR Blue Globe
The line was SLOW!!!! And I was starting to worry about how long it was taking. But I tried to enjoy and soak in the details in line.

This was in the first room when you come in and have a ceiling. I have to think that rain comes in through the hole.

LMR Ship mast

We finally came to where I thought we would get to load the ride and entered another room! And it went around and around. There was an exit. And we talked about jumping out of line. The family behind us, asked us if we knew how much longer the line was. We talked about what to do. But when we got up to the door it said it would alarm if opened. So, we decided to wait till we made the next turn. And THANKFULLY that turned out to be where I thought we would have been before that room.

LMR_Underwater
And soon we were on our clam shell and ready to ride.

LMR Ariel
We love this ride. Although it isn't quiet as fun as it used to be. We rode it ALOT when the girls were little.

LMR King Triton
I always love the last scene.

After our ride, we hustled over to BOG! And made it only 5 minutes late! We checked in, with no problem and the line of people we saw were gone. So, we walked right up to check in.

We were quickly let past these gates!
BOG Shield
And told to wait at the end of the bridge. It was a very short wait and there was a cart / table of some sort with ice water and paper cups to grab a small drink standing in the sun.

BOG Entrance
This CM was walking each party into the space. It was slightly strange as we waited A LONG time inside...

I decided to not pre order food as I wanted to a) see the room with the armor and hear the whispering and b) since the girls didn't know about the trip I couldn't ask them what they wanted.

BOG Armor
Misson Accomplished!!! I have to admit, NOT worth the wait. We waited a full 30 minutes to get from the begining of that room into the room where you order. We were hungry and getting impatient!!!

BOG
So, this is the room where you order food. There is a CM who sends you to a newly open touch screen. And then a CM wondering around trying to help anyone who needs help. I have to say, I did NOT like it. Something about it just felt weird. If we did BOG breakfast or lunch again, I would def pre-order!

We did order without a problem and went to find a table. We walked through to see if we could get a table in the West Wing, but of course there wasn't. But we were able to grab a table in the main ballroom.
BOG
Near the windows with the snow. I remember our first trip, the girls were not "fooled" by the snow. Morgan proclaimed that it was NOT snowing, SHE WAS JUST OUT THERE! It was funny.

Our food came probably 5-10 minutes of us sitting down.
BOG Cart
Our Cart! I do love that they do this, it does make it fun.

Morgan ordered the Kids Shrimp....
BOG Shrimp
Lumiere's De-Light
Grilled Shrimp with Broccoli and Apple Sauce
They put this down in front of her and she just stared at it like "that is it?!?" Oye! The tiny ramkin was peach applesauce that she did like, she liked all of it but it was just not enough food for her.

Gwen ordered the Grilled Cheese and Noodle Soup....
BOG Grilled Cheese
Chip's Delight
Grilled Cheese with Turkey Noodle Soup and Green Beans
SOOOO much more food! Gwen didn't want the soup, so Morgan ate that. I tasted the soup later and it was SUPER salty. Morgan didn't seem to mind. And the grilled cheese and french fries were well just that. Fine. nothing amazing but they didn't need to be for Gwen. I do think we had to flag someone down and ask for Ketchup.

And this is seriously the big downfall of this restaurant. If anything is wrong with your food or you need something, it is hard to do!

Andy decided to order the Braised Pork Dish....
BOG Braised Pork
Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)
Slow-cooked Pork with Vegetables, Mushrooms, and Bacon with Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Jardinière
He really enjoyed this. He shared some of his pork with Morgan, which she did like. Probably would have been a better meal for Morgan, but oh well.

I decided to try the French Onion Soup and the Tuna Nicoise....
BOG Tuna and Sangria
French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup.
(this is the official description on the Disney Website, ha!)
So, I am not a huge French Onion Soup person, but this was REALLY good! The broth had alot of flavor and of course there was the cheese. Andy and I shared the soup, as it was fairly filling with all of the cheese.

Tuna Niçoise Salad*

Seared Tuna with Chilled Green Beans, Fingerling Potatoes, Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers, Tomatoes, Hard-poached Egg and Saffron Aioli.
This was also really good. My only complaint, I am not a big olive fan and a) you can't ask them to not put them on, again see the ordering issue and b) they were canned olives... I feel like they should have been fewer of them but a better quality. The tuna was excellent and the saffron aioli was really good with it. Ok, I lied I have two complaints, the fingerling potatoes were REALLY good but there was literally 2 of them.

That all said I would order both again, if I could somehow request no olives next time.

I also ordered a Sangria, cause I could... This was AWFUL!!!! It was very watery and def NOT WORTH IT. DON'T order it!!!! Get some else! I promise you it will be worth it.

We ordered 3 cupcakes to share. (Basically I opted for no cupcake since I got Sangria and the soup)
BOG Cupcakes

Morgan and Gwen both wanted the
Lemon Meringue Cupcake
Vanilla Sponge Cake, Lemon Custard Filling and Flamed Meringue Icing.
These were ok, but I personally was disapointed that it was vanilla sponge with lemon custard inside. It kind felt like cheating... But then again, I also didn't get any lemon custart because the girls ate all of that! They also had a hard time eating them, as the wrapper wouldn't come off of them. We ended up eating the cupcakes with forks... Not IDEAL.

And Andy wanted to try the
The Master's Cupcake
Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff”
I mean you have to...
This was also just ok. meh.

BOG Grey Stuff Cupcake
See the wrapper was heavy duty foil and did NOT unwrap!

These were just ok. We ate here on our very first trip and I remember the cupcakes being much better. Now, I don't know if that is because it was so long ago and I just remember it differently or if they are just not as good anymore.

Overall, we enjoyed lunch but didn't love it. We would probably skip dessert if we came back and order ahead of time.

After lunch, we had one more fastpass to use!

Coming up... Space Mountain, our last fast pass for the day!

All right, I always thought if you sat in the back of a log on Splash you were fairly safe from getting wet. But poor Morgan was proof that theory doesn't hold up! Good to know.
Yeah, not so much!!! You have been warned!

You guys always get such fun ride photos of your family. I know when I'm in the parks, I love seeing families having fun and enjoying the moment;
Thanks. We do try to keep it fun and not be those families yelling.

Hands up challenge sounds fun!
It was fun, but harder than it sounds!

Love the ride selfies! Looks like you all were having a blast!!
WE were, the girls were def happy to be in the back row.

Great update! I would be all banged up if I kept my hands up the entire time on Big Thunder :crutches:
yeah, it probably wasn't the best idea for Andy. He has a bad back....

Joining in!
Welcome!!!! Thanks for following along!!!!

Yes!! And I don't see myself ever stopping. It's like a compulsion: Must. Take. Photo. Maybe one day I'll make a collage of all the years of same photos and see if anything has changed :rotfl:
Glad I am not alone!

I read this out loud to Xavier (my oldest, 15). He relates to this on a deep, personal level :rotfl:
I died when I read this. Another I read out loud to my boys - this is sooo Leyton (my youngest, 13)
I think it is funny how the oldest sybling and the youngest have similar personalities. Isn't it?

Since there was a line, I figured it would be a good chance to find all of the crabs!

I did not even know this was a thing! You taught me something new. We've never had a line here. The one time we saw a line was NYE 2017/18, and it was 90 minutes!! No thanks! I don't recall it ever being like that this NYE. I feel like I'm going to have to ride in June now, it's been awhile for us.

It was a very short wait and there was a cart / table of some sort with ice water and paper cups to grab a small drink standing in the sun.

I weirdly love when they have the water stations available. So helpful on those awful hot days

We waited a full 30 minutes to get from the begining of that room into the room where you order.

:scared1::scared1: :faint:

I think it is funny how the oldest sybling and the youngest have similar personalities. Isn't it?

Yes, it's so fun for me to see how other siblings are!

I did not even know this was a thing! You taught me something new. We've never had a line here. The one time we saw a line was NYE 2017/18, and it was 90 minutes!! No thanks! I don't recall it ever being like that this NYE. I feel like I'm going to have to ride in June now, it's been awhile for us.
They wave at you too!

Later on, Andy found this picture from a pervious trip.
Before and

I love the time jump photo!

I decided to not pre order food as I wanted to a) see the room with the armor and hear the whispering

I don't remember hearing whispering in this room! Where do you hear it?

So, this is the room where you order food. There is a CM who sends you to a newly open touch screen. And then a CM wondering around trying to help anyone who needs help. I have to say, I did NOT like it. Something about it just felt weird. If we did BOG breakfast or lunch again, I would def pre-order!

We had a CM who helped us to order but it wasn't very organized and they had a hard time helping us to make vegetarian swaps. I would definitely pre-order next time too!

They put this down in front of her and she just stared at it like "that is it?!?"

That is so TINY, especially compared to their other kids meals!

I don't remember hearing whispering in this room! Where do you hear it?
It is literally in that hallway area where they are lined up. It wasn't the whole time but it was def there. And we had plenty of time to hear them. They each had a line or two that they would wisper.

Morgan did think it was creapy...

That is so TINY, especially compared to their other kids meals!
Right? I know it was shrimp but still.

I love Slipp'n Falls, when you get in a log with people who have never done it before and they get all scared and then it's just tiny...
I've never noticed that sign before! That's great :)

If you can't tell, we are big on reacting photos!
Love these photos!! :)

When we got up to 7DMT, there was a bit of a line to scan your bands. And some people confused as to which line to get in. But it wasn't too bad. After we scanned our band we saw a maitenence guy coming out. Sounded like the ride had just been down and was just back up. Good timing!!!!
Nice! Good timing indeed. :)

We were in the back, which I was slightly bummed about, as you con't get a good view of the witch. We also sat a little too long in that area. Which prompted me to take this photo...
LOL I did the same thing last trip! Kept trying to get it with the train coming over the mountain but...no dice. Oh well!

After our ride, we hustled over to BOG! And made it only 5 minutes late! We checked in, with no problem and the line of people we saw were gone. So, we walked right up to check in.
Hey, the long Ariel line worked out!

Misson Accomplished!!! I have to admit, NOT worth the wait. We waited a full 30 minutes to get from the begining of that room into the room where you order. We were hungry and getting impatient!!!
And all that time you saved not having to wait to check in...gone. 30 minutes--that's insane!!!

See the wrapper was heavy duty foil and did NOT unwrap!
Why do they do that? It's like you can't get all the cupcake cause of the crazy heavy duty wrapper. #dislike

LOL I did the same thing last trip! Kept trying to get it with the train coming over the mountain but...no dice. Oh well!
Now that you say that, that is exactly what I was trying to do! Ha!

And all that time you saved not having to wait to check in...gone. 30 minutes--that's insane!!!
It was, we were packed in that room. It really wasn't great. We would have been better off with mobile order somewhere else.

Oh man Morgan's lunch does look disappointing, especially compared to Gwen's! I'm shocked that is considered a kids meal. Like what if the kid orders shrimp and decides they don't like it? There's not even a side to munch on!

Ordering ahead of time is definitely the way to go with Be Our Guest!

We got the back 2 rows in a log and the girls were made because they thought they wouldn't get wet not being in the front..... Oh little did they know!!!!

I had the last row last trip and barely got wet.

I love Slipp'n Falls, when you get in a log with people who have never done it before and they get all scared and then it's just tiny...

I've done this with family and snickered when they freaked out. I know I'm bad.

As we go around the bend, you see that spray that they shoot out that "seems" like it comes from the boats but really it's a shoot.... Yeah.... It got us GOOD!!!!

We've gotten hit by this in the front before. Much worse than the drop.

Andy and Gwen decided to Dab in the photo! @cstorm65 - Just for you and DS!

Very cute!

Gwen and Morgan decided that we needed to do the "Hands Up Challange" Which meant we had to keep our hands up the whole ride. Which was harder than it sounds, mostly because i was loosing blood flow in my hands by the end!

This does sound hard.

Instead we went to ride on Ariel Ride... Cause the wait is never bad for that one, right?!?!

Up next Ariel ride and lunch! (I have lots of que pics!)

This doesn't sound very promising.

LMR Dear Friends Sign
I've never gotten a chance to see the crabs since I've only done FP or there hasn't been a wait.

LMR King Triton
I always love the last scene.
I like the end scene, but Triton does look a bit off...

They put this down in front of her and she just stared at it like "that is it?!?" Oye! The tiny ramkin was peach applesauce that she did like, she liked all of it but it was just not enough food for her.
Yeah, that does not look like a complete meal!

Looks like I got an update behind. Splash, BTMRR, then 7DMT is a great ride sequence. Way to pack in the best of the best :-)

I would have been twitching that whole Ariel line, worrying about the ADR. Great you made it in time.

We preordered both of our BoG visits and it was super quick. I didn't realize we were missing anything in the other room, but it doesn't sound like it was worth losing 30 minutes for.

I was unimpressed with my BoG adult drinks as well. Being on the DDP, I didn't mind because it was included, but I wouldn't pay OOP for those drinks.

I got so far behind here!

Morgan’s take on Jungle Cruise made me giggle!

Thanks for the photos of the Ariel queue. I always take a picture of the sign for the game but we’ve never actually been in line long enough to play it!

That kid’s shrimp meal definitely looks like it’s missing something. Lunch used to be our favorite meal at BOG but we were very disappointed in it last time.

So, I left us off heading to the Little Mermaid Ride. We got in line and there was a line!

We got stuck in a long Mermaid ride before. At least there are things to look at.

Gwen specifically requested this picture.

She's working on her Senior picture poses early.

First area, had no crab, so Morgan made a crab with her hand.

Cute!

We love this ride. Although it isn't quiet as fun as it used to be. We rode it ALOT when the girls were little.

We like it too. I'm looking forward to sharing it with JP. Last trip he slept through it.

We've never done the pre-order. We really need to try it.

This isn't a child's meal, it's half a toddler meal.

SOOOO much more food! Gwen didn't want the soup, so Morgan ate that. I tasted the soup later and it was SUPER salty. Morgan didn't seem to mind. And the grilled cheese and french fries were well just that.

This looks much better.

Andy decided to order the Braised Pork Dish....
BOG Braised Pork
Braised Pork (Coq Au Vin Style)
Slow-cooked Pork with Vegetables, Mushrooms, and Bacon with Mashed Potatoes and Green Bean Jardinière
He really enjoyed this.

I've gotten this before and liked it too.

French Onion Soup
French Onion Soup.
(this is the official description on the Disney Website, ha!)
So, I am not a huge French Onion Soup person, but this was REALLY good! The broth had alot of flavor and of course there was the cheese. Andy and I shared the soup, as it was fairly filling with all of the cheese.

Keep hearing good things about this. I really need to try it.

Overall, we enjoyed lunch but didn't love it. We would probably skip dessert if we came back and order ahead of time.

I agree it's not the best but we do like eating in Beast's castle.

I had never ridden Under the Sea until last summer and i really liked it. My boys would NOT step foot in Fantasyland when they were little so we never got to do it.

This looks good! Too bad about Morgan's two bites of food....that is such a small serving!! Gwen's meal and your meal look good though. I loved the soup too!

And Andy wanted to try the
The Master's Cupcake
Chocolate Sponge Cake topped with Lumiere’s special “Grey Stuff”
I mean you have to...
This was also just ok. meh.
I was also not a fan of the Master's cupcake. An once and done for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter