A trip full of Triple Stay / Annual Pass / VIPassholder Fun - A Late Feb/Early March Trip

Chris had that big Mickey cinnamon roll at AK a couple years ago and ate the whole thing lol.

I'm glad to hear you liked the food options at CBR. I have had a few clients stay there already this year and actually have quite a few more booked there. Reviews of the resort as a whole since the renovation are still 50/50 so positive ones are always nice to hear :)

clearly need to study up before we stay at CB because I was wondering where SpyGlas grill was
:sad2:

Phew! So glad you made it to the park in time for your first FP! I get so anxious in times like that. Yum, those snacks look DELICIOUS! I've heard lots of good things about Mr. Kamal's, but never have been myself. Gotta add it to the list :thumbsup2

Almost looks like they could be running at you!
Right!?! I don't remember them charging at us. And clearly we survived the journey.

It is annoying, but funny someone called you out!
it is totally annoying! But the person was right. In the grand skeme of things it was the least of my worries.

You need to stay at AK one of these times! It makes a perfect resort-day place with all the kids activities and the fun, lush pool!
It is def on my list. I am waiting for when I can convince my sister and her soon to be husband to come down with us. He is a HUGE animal lover, and it would be perfect for him. And I know we would love it too. But I do have to say, our recent stay at the Yacht Club. We have a new favorite Deluxe Resort. Andy particuarly LOVED it.

Haha, well I've already named my future droid (who isn't going to be born for a week). I'll wait until I can do a proper "birth/build" announcement though!
So jealous!!! Can't wait to hear all about it. I saw the cups that they will be selling in Olga's. How fast will those sell out?

Ugh, I hate it when people are just so inconsiderate around the photopass people!
It is annoying but it was a very akward set up. A few people thought they were getting in line there. I think everyone thought it was to get your photo with Everest in the backround. It was just set up poorly and the CM wasn't the more happy one. He wasn't terrible but not great.

Oh man, I'm glad you made it to the FoP FP. The traffic on the bus would have had me twitching.
It was rough. I try not to worry to much or at least outwardly. Morgan get SUPER nervous with that kind of stuff. I mean at that point it was what it was. There wasn't too much we could do about it.

I'm glad to hear you liked the food options at CBR. I have had a few clients stay there already this year and actually have quite a few more booked there. Reviews of the resort as a whole since the renovation are still 50/50 so positive ones are always nice to hear :)
I mean the resort is still huge. They can't do too much about that. What to the clients who didn't like it complain about? I mean I say that too, with it being a moderate. It's still no deluxe.

I've heard lots of good things about Mr. Kamal's, but never have been myself. Gotta add it to the list :thumbsup2
I did hear a rumor that they weren't serving it with the toppings anymore. But Mr. Kamal's isn't on the website, so there is no way to check. I hope it's just a rumor. They are really good.

Sounds like a great morning at Animal Kingdom. That food from Mr. Kamal's looks really good. That's always a place I've heard of and wanted to stop, just never have. My DW wouldn't like any of that stuff and neither would the boys so I've never stopped, but I need to make time for that in the future.

Oh man, if it had been any other FP (well, except maybe SDD) I don't think you would have had to stress as much during that long bus experience. But of course, it was a headliner attraction that you were at risk of missing. Had to be a huge relief to scan your bands and make it in time.

That cinnamon roll looks awesome. Had to laugh at Morgan not being enthused with waiting for the picture taking to be done. She just wanted to eat!

So, we make them just using Power Point. We set the size of the document to the size of whatever phone type you have. (just google it) And then I just search for images by using the name of what I want and png or no backround. And just work from there. I could send you one of my versions to get you started, if you wanted.

I usually make it my lock screen that day as well, so I can quickly see what time the next fastpass is.

I am glad they are enjoyable. And I learned some things as well! Sadly, Gwen only has one more installment and then she gave up. :( But Morgan kept with it longer.

I would love to get one of your versions, if you don't mind.

Well I know I had read and quotes this on Saturday but it must have been about the time that the boards went down. So you'll just have to imagine all of my witty repertoire inserted here :earboy2:

Sounds like a great morning at Animal Kingdom. That food from Mr. Kamal's looks really good. That's always a place I've heard of and wanted to stop, just never have. My DW wouldn't like any of that stuff and neither would the boys so I've never stopped, but I need to make time for that in the future.
You def should! There are lots of other booths in that area, the ice cream truck and the other stand that is escaping me that selling alchol but they have soft pretzels and Popcorn there as well. Treat it like a food court snack time!

That cinnamon roll looks awesome. Had to laugh at Morgan not being enthused with waiting for the picture taking to be done. She just wanted to eat!
Nothing like "TORCURING" your child! 🤣

I would love to get one of your versions, if you don't mind.
I will send you a private message!

Well I know I had read and quotes this on Saturday but it must have been about the time that the boards went down. So you'll just have to imagine all of my witty repertoire inserted here :earboy2:
But now I will be awake all night wondering what you thought!

Well, I was behind a bit, but all caught up now :) I love reading your girls' writing about these days LOL The names of the rides is all you get. Gwen cracks me up!

Yum, your AK snacks have me starving....should not have read this update while hungry.

Ugh the flickr update screwed me up too! I had like two days where I wanted to get an update out and was stuck waiting for it to come back up! lol Glad I'm paying monthly for this!! (only slightly kidding since its only happened the once, but still!!)

Ugh I swear your photo luck sounds like mine! I do not get the people who just jump into your photo. Like please be aware of your surroundings!! There was a bachelorette in EPCOT during our last trip and I SWEAR every time we stopped to take a photo they were like on top of us. It was very annoying!

The snacks you all got look delicious! I definitely need to try Mr. Kamal's at some point! Its always on my list as a "if you're hungry try here place" but I think its always just so overly hot in DAK that we never get hungry enough for a savory snack and just get ice cream! lol

Today was our last full day at Caribbean Beach and I wanted to try the breakfast at SpyGlass before we moved to our next destination.

I can understand this. Gotta try it before you move on.

Lots of fun stuff in the plan.

I pulled up the menu for Spy Glass on the mobile app and took everyones orders.

I'm looking forward to doing this next trip. I used it for a few CS in the parks but really looking forward to doing it at Pop and avoiding the long lines.

Gwen's bacon in a cup, because it couldn't touch the french toast...

Sounds like Danielle, the food can not touch.

This was another solid meal at Caribean Beach. We were pleased with both meals that we ended up eating here.

This is good to hear.

My mom said that we would do Star Tours. But after instead we saw Olaf. (clearly I wronged her)

She sounds a little salty.

She got an Ewok and I got a BB8. I named it BB4. (this was because it was a small plush, half the size)

Super cute!

Hey! I'm up now, let's see what Tink gave us. She gave us cute Toy Story Shirts.
All about the gifts.

Yata Yata Boring stuff...

:rotfl2:

THEN LUNCH TIME!!!

This is from the child who is often Hangry.

At this point I was getting super worried that we were going to miss our FOP fast passes! Thankfully, the ride isn't too far and we were there soon.

I'm worried with you.

We made it by the skin of our teeth, but we scanned our bands with 3 mintures to spare!

Thank goodness!

We got the back row of the truck, which I don't think we had ever gotten before.

I found the back row more bumpy. I'm still made a loss some animal print Minnie ears while riding in the back row.

After the Safari we decided we needed more food!

Of course it's time for more food.

Of course, we stopped for a picture to torcure our pre-teen. (And apprarently Gwen as well)

They do not look happy.

47885435301_fab18b6ecd_z.jpg

Someone looks happy here.

Hey, Ariella!! and @Cloe Colton just FYI, Southwest December flights dropped about an hour ago! Just letting you know, in case you missed it. I was able to get our flights, but so many of them were selling out as I was looking. SO stressful!! I hope you get the flights/times you need!

I pulled up the menu for Spy Glass on the mobile app and took everyones orders. Then headed out to go pick it up. Morgan and Gwen decided to come with me.
Love that mobile ordering can be used at the resorts. Now if they would only add gift cards as a payment option.
This was another solid meal at Caribean Beach. We were pleased with both meals that we ended up eating here.
Your meal looks great!
After that we needed to go to Rock n' Roller Coaster to use our fast passes. Then we went to the Slinky Coaster. It was very fun. We even got to sit in the front. After that we had a while before our lunch so we decided to meet Chewbacca. My mom said that we would do Star Tours. But after instead we saw Olaf. (clearly I wronged her)
Poor Morgan, lol!
We pulled into Animal Kingdom at 9:49 AM. And we walked quickly towards the gates. Which we found a HUGE sea of people. And all I know, being Annual Passholders and having the seperate entrance was a HUGE Saving Grace!!!!
One of the best AP perks!
We got the back row of the truck, which I don't think we had ever gotten before.
It is the perfect spot!
So, we decided we needed some more food. And Morgan had asked to get the big Mickey Cinnamon Roll last time we were here and we forgot to get it! So, we back tracked from the Safari to the Starbucks to full-fill her dream! Ha, ok not a huge dream but she did really want one.
That cinnamon roll looks amazing!

That mickey cinnamon roll looks delicious!

The fries at Mr. Kamal's are so good! I think I saw somewhere recently that they were changed and I hope it's a lie!

Sounds like a good start to the morning!
Once we were in the park, it really was. Getting there was a little stressful!

Well, I was behind a bit, but all caught up now :) I love reading your girls' writing about these days LOL The names of the rides is all you get. Gwen cracks me up!
Oh Gwen cracks everyone up. We always say we wonder where she came from.

The snacks you all got look delicious! I definitely need to try Mr. Kamal's at some point! Its always on my list as a "if you're hungry try here place" but I think its always just so overly hot in DAK that we never get hungry enough for a savory snack and just get ice cream! lol
It's funny, I don't think we have ever had ice cream from the truck across the way.

I'm looking forward to doing this next trip. I used it for a few CS in the parks but really looking forward to doing it at Pop and avoiding the long lines.
The Value Food Courts will GREATLY improve with this! Even the Moderates... For sure.

I found the back row more bumpy. I'm still made a loss some animal print Minnie ears while riding in the back row.
They should warn people of that! I mean I don't think they want Mickey Ears out there for the animals to eat.

Hey, Ariella!! and @Cloe Colton just FYI, Southwest December flights dropped about an hour ago! Just letting you know, in case you missed it. I was able to get our flights, but so many of them were selling out as I was looking. SO stressful!! I hope you get the flights/times you need!
Thanks!!! That was stressful. And I am so relieved to have it purchased!

Love that mobile ordering can be used at the resorts. Now if they would only add gift cards as a payment option.
That has to be next on there list to do.

I really need to get over to Mr. Kamals...Those fries look amazing!!!!
You def need to try them. BUT I did hear that they took the toppings off of the fries. So, I am not sure if they are still the same or not...

The fries at Mr. Kamal's are so good! I think I saw somewhere recently that they were changed and I hope it's a lie!
I KNOW!!! I hope it isn't true and/or they change it back. Otherwise, I will have to find a new favorite snack in Animal Kingdom.

Happy Sunday! We had a nice Saturday, hanging out with 2 of our good friends. So, today, we are relaxing. So, hopefully I can get a post or two in today!

Day Four: A Yeti and some Fish

After we finished our snacks, we headed to use our next Fast Pass! Everest!

So, first I should explain. Gwen isn't the biggest fan of this ride. She DOES NOT like the Yeti. It has nothing to do with the ride itself. But we had kind of talked it up a bit, about having Gwen try it again.

So, she wasn't SUPER happy about it but agreed to try it again.

So, we headed that way.

Shrine
I snapped a photo on the way over.

Gupta's Gear
I do think the magic of Animal Kingdom is in the details all around the park! I love it.

We got in line and didn't have much of a wait, thankfully.

Everest
Gwen asked to ride with me and Morgan actually gladly agreed if it meant we all got to ride together. Gwen rode the whole ride with her eyes closed. We are in the back row, you can barely see Gwen

Everest Ride Photo_M&A
Morgan and Andy rode together.

So, how did Gwen like it? She said she would ride it again. When we got off, I said that I didn't think I saw the Yeti. Whcih I did. I must have been so focused on Gwen that I didn't see it. So, Gwen said she would ride it again. Which was good, casue we wanted to try and come back tonight to ride at night.

At this point, we used up all of our fastpasses. And I wanted to try and get a second Flight of Passage fast pass. So, I didn't want to book a fast pass immeditatly. So, we needed to find something to do in the meantime.

Since we were on that side of the park, I suggested we grab a snack and go watch the Finding Nemo Show. There was some indifference to this plan but I figured it would be good to sit down, rest our feet and be in some air conditioning.

So, we headed over to my other favorite place in Animal Kingdom, Thirsty River Bar & Trek Snacks!

It was 12:30, so I figured it was ok to get my favorite drink!

Himalayan Ghost
Snow Leopard Vodka, Guava and odwalla® Lemonade
Untitled
I love it, it's refreshing!

We also got the
Pink Lotus
Monin Wild Strawberry, Lychee and odwalla® Lemonade

for the girls to share.
Untitled

And proceeded to drink the whole thing while we waited to pay!

And then in the other line, we grabbed a soft pretzel to share.
Untitled

With our treats, we headed towards Finding Nemo and got in line.

And I am going to continue in the next post, as I hit post by mistake... oops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter