A Trip to DL before the Pirates, Bats, and Moms Invade

Next up we went to a party with a very tasty assortment of teas and biscuits, with was MAD!

ry%3D400

I also had never been on the tea cups at WDW so this was also a 1st. I don't mind spinny rides, I just think we tend to skip over the stop and load type of rides more often. After DBF took us for a spin we went next door and let the caterpiller do all the work.

ry%3D400

We found these ladies to be a bit creepy, because in person their faces look like a human face in make-up, Dinsey leaves nothing behind in details.

And before I forget:
ry%3D400

Love Alice in Wonderland - one of my favorite Disney movies.

He headed over to It's a Small World; love the building here so much more than the one at WDW.
ry%3D400

DBF pointed out how he had to beat the clock in the Epic Mickey video game:mickeyjum.
We skipped the princess area because I'm not the girly girl princess type and neither is DBF :p! So instead we headed to Toon Town. Toon Town was open, but Roger Rabit wasn't going to be for another 20 min so we wandered the Town. Most of the characters were at their houses, but for some reason we weren't interested in character pics the whole trip, even with low lines :confused3. Again, Disney has done a great job with the playful detail here.

He headed back to Fantasyland and decided the Matterhorn line was short enough to join. First time on this ride was not the most enjoyable - DBF and I are in one sled together. Obviously, I didn't know this would be a problem until we start going and I couldn't figure out a way to sit without my knees being all knocked around. And don't be fooled by the blue vinyl stuff, the padding underneath was very thin. My advice for 1st time sledders is to stick with 1 adult + child or 2 teens or two very small/short adults, but you might feel squished with anything more than that. However, I know it will be going thru a refurb and I have read this is of the sleds themselves - anyone know exactly what they will be doing?

By now, I was getting hot and hungry and my sunglasses had broke so we decided it was a good time to get some food. We stopped at La Brea because we wanted to get some bread to snack on during the week, but 1st we decided to sit down at the full service section to get some lunch. DBF got 3 smoked ham & gruyere sliders with a side salad and I got the classic grilled cheese panini with side salad. The side salad of mixed greens is very lightly dressed with some oil & vinegar (I think) and a little sprinkle of salt gave the dressing a simple pop of flavor. Both sandwiches were great - nice thick bread, buttery taste, and meltly cheese, the ham on DBF's had nice texture and not too salty. Definitely a good place for a lighter lunch and I would go back again. (It took me several meals before I finally remembered I wanted to take pics of our food so none to share from here).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter