A Truly WILD Proposal Trip!

golf4miami

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone and welcome to my Trip Report! :banana:

I just want to take a second before we get started and thank every single one of you who participated in my PTR which can be found HERE. If you want to get a good background of all of the planning, blood, sweat, and tears that went into making this trip happen I would suggest you pop on over there first. It may be a lot to read, but I promise you it will be totally worth it. It helps to serve as an example of how great this community can be when it comes to helpfulness.

I guess I'll start with the details:
When: September 9th through the 14/15th
Where: The All Star Movies Resort
What: To propose to my then girlfriend
Who: Just the two of us (Intros to follow)

MQKtf4g.jpg

This is us on the biggest part of our trip that you will find out about later ;) On the left is my fiance Hannah and me, Ryan, on the right. I'll give you our rundown:

Hannah:
Been to Disney World twice now, both times with me.
Favorite Park: Epcot or Animal Kingdom (It's pretty much a tie)
Favorite Ride: Soarin'
Favorite place to eat: Be Our Guest
Does she like Dole Whip: YES!
Favorite Character: Anyone from Beauty and the Beast

Ryan:
Been to Disney World seven times now
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror
Favorite place to eat: 'Ohana
Do I like Dole Whip: Yes
Favorite Character: Mickey​

When planning this trip I set out to have us do a lot of things that neither of us had done at Disney before. This includes a LOT of great food and an extra special tour. :cool1: I seriously can't wait to share it all with you. I've been waiting for our PhotoPass+ pictures to show up in the mail to get this TR started and they should be here either today or by the end of week and I just couldn't wait any longer!

So, come along! Sing the song! And join the jamboree!

Bad news everyone. The system for Photopass said my photos were to be delivered yesterday so I called them today and they said they won't be to me until Oct. 4th. :(

I'm going to go ahead and get rolling with a post about our drive down and arrival sometime later this week, but want to wait until those show up to really get going on the park days.

Thanks for your understanding!

TRAVELING TO THE GREATEST PLACE ON EARTH!

As some of you may know the plan for our trip was to drive through the night, and that is just what we did (14 hours)! I had taken the day off work to make sure everything was prepared on my end with accommodations, making sure everything was packed (especially the ring), and just overall trying to get out some anxiousness and maybe even napping.

I woke up around 9am but Hannah was not due to arrive until around 7p due to her classes and subsequent 5 hour drive from school to my house. I was already somewhat tired but I decided to go disc golfing at a couple local courses to try and drain myself of energy as much as possible so I would be able to nap. Luckily it was EXTREMELY hot and sunny out which drained me pretty quickly and by the time I was back home around noon, I was really ready for that nap.

Unfortunately that nap only lasted about an hour and a half. I was just too excited to get on the road! :drive: It was painful waiting so long for Hannah to show up at my place. By 3 or 4 I had taken a shower and completely packed the car with all of my stuff and I plopped down on the couch and relaxed and played some video games.

Pretty much right at 7 Hannah arrived and I began packing all of her stuff in the car while she took a shower. She had already warned me that after a 5 hour drive in the heat (Her car doesn't have AC) that she would want a shower before we hit the road and I was completely ok with that! :thumbsup2

Before I knew it though we were on our way to my personal happy place!
A3GoSyp.jpg

Driving through the night is rough. There were a few times where I hit the rumble strips but thankfully I had Monster energy drinks on my side and eventually the sun came back up. Once the sun came up and we hit that Florida line my adrenaline was fired up and there was no slipping back to sleep or even being tired!

We arrived on Disney property right about 9:30a and went straight to the parks! Anyone want to guess where we went first?

ps. I promise PLENTY more pictures in the following updates.

Sounds so much fun!! I'm following along! Wow 14 hours! That's how long we'll be driving down in January, i'm nervous!

Joining in! Can I ask what that stuffed animal on your steering wheel is for? :rotfl:

That would be our 'son' Leo. I bought him for Hannah when we first started doing long distance as sort of a representative of me in her apartment. We bring him with us everywhere.

aka. Holy crap we're finally here!

After months and months of planning (Somewhere around 8) it was finally time to enjoy the parks and all they had to offer. Words could not express how excited we both were, though I'm sure most of you have felt this kind of excitement before so I don't need to describe it for you.

Hannah had NO IDEA which park we were going to first and I loved holding onto the surprise for as long as possible. This is something I did throughout the trip. She had no idea what we were going to be doing each day or where we would be eating. It made the trip that much more fun for both of us.

So, where did we go first?

TTC parking lot! We arrived in the lot about 9:30ish and promptly hopped on a shuttle to the TTC itself. Unfortunately the first thing we did was update our tickets from the old tyvex tickets to the new RFID. While we were doing that we realized that we had also forgotten sunscreen so we headed next door to get some of that before hopping on the ferry to ride across the lagoon. Something I've never done before! This was our view on our way over, it was a beautiful day.

CAvwjNh.jpg

As part of the BIG Surprise for later in the trip my parents had given us an envelope and told us not to open it until we arrived. We took this moment to open it and see what it said. Of course I already knew. :thumbsup2 For those of you who don't know, my dad about a month before the trip happened ruined the surprise and let it slip we were going to Disney. Well this card was an apology and told us that we would be going on a Wild Africa Trek that was "booked by my parents" as a surprise for ruining my surprise. I did my best to act surprised and she totally bought it hook line and sinker.

After stopping at the place to redeem our PP+ we headed down Main Street USA! Hannah alerted to me that she needed some breakfast and caffeine STAT or else this day would not go well, so we stopped in the new Starbucks and got her a couple things:

Wxe4r5K.jpg

The inside is nice.​

gvcWQJE.jpg

She got a breakfast sandwich which was very good.​

j07quZv.jpg

And this Green Tea Frapp was AMAZING. It tasted like it had a bit of mint in it too, but that may have been just me.​

After we ate, we decided it was time to find something to ride. We did however stop to get some photopass pictures that unfortunately didn't show up on our account ever. But I'm not too worried about it as I'm not sure they would have looked good anyway. :lmao:

aka. Our adventure truly begins

After fueling up I decided to have us go straight towards New Fantasyland. The park wasn't all that busy yet and I knew it might get busier later and with Hanna's love for Beauty and the Beast I knew what we needed to hit first. Enchanted Tales with Belle!

wKH74qP.jpg

Of course I get picked to be the Wardrobe. He could tell I was totally uninterested in doing anything.​

TOuWRTl.jpg

The good news was it guaranteed us a picture with Belle!​

Ljxwpzj.jpg

This was a dream come true for Hannah. Belle asked her "Hopefully he's more of a Prince than a Beast."​

It was a great show, although to be honest for some reason I thought it was going to be longer. However, when the pictures took so long I understand why it wasn't.

After our retelling of the Beauty and the Beast we decided to head over to the other new Fantasyland attraction and got some photopass pictures along the way.

fNh5Bwx.jpg

eEW5YzS.jpg

Me being as Gaston as possible and Hannah swooning.

The Little Mermaid was practically a walk on and we both enjoyed it a lot. We did both notice the total lack of actual water on the ride, but that didn't ruin it for us. If we would have had more time later in the trip we probably would have gone on it again.

Up next is one of both of our dark horse favorites in Magic Kingdom: Mickey's Philharmagic! This is easily my favorite 3D show on Disney property. They just do everything so well with it.

FYtvsHm.jpg

Obligatory picture with our "Opera Glasses" on.​

At this point Hannah decided that her shirt she had on was too heavy for the heat that was coming and she needed an upgrade. I couldn't stand the thought of her having a rough day at Disney so we headed to Main Street to do some shopping. The results of which you will see in the next update in our Photopass pictures.

The first day is always the best. Great photopass pics! My mom was the wardrobe when we did it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts