A two for one PTR Sept 2015 and May 2016!!!

BaseballMoM2007

Mouseketeer
Hi and welcome to my first ever trip report! Since this is my first one please bear with me. Let me introduce myself. My name is Maggie and I will be celebrating my 30th birthday on this trip (about 3 weeks late but still)!!!
chefmickeysphoto-Copy_zps887aa86f.jpg

Joining me on this trip and all others of course is my DH, Justin. A total Disney convert. After our first trip in 2010 I wasn’t sure I could ever get him back. I finally talked him into it in 2013 and we had a great trip. So the trip last year and this year took zero begging.

AK_TREEBACKAFR_7063361578_zpsae664f7a.jpeg

And the STAR of the show and our lives our 7 year old NASH. He is a Disney loving, sports obsessed, and rambunctious little boy!

MK_ROVERFANTASY1_7062821468_zpse6c143e3.jpeg

We originally booked his trip for May 23rd – 30th so we could take DS to Star Wars Weekends. Unfortunately DH couldn’t get the days off work. So I decided if we couldn’t go then I really wanted to go for my 30th Birthday which is August 9th. The more we discussed it we decided it would be best to wait until September so we could hopefully get Free dining and the crowds will be much more manageable.

Booked September 5th-13th at Coronado Springs Resort with Freed Dining. We have 7 day Water Parks and More tickets. We have all of our ADR’s set and thinking I have our IDEAL FP times picked out.

Now for the two in one part. My DS is playing on and DH is coaching an 8U travel baseball team this coming fall and Spring and the parents all decided we wanted to do all local tournaments but go to one big out of town tournament at the end of the season. So we voted on either a Disney tournament or a world series. Obviously Disney won out. So we will be traveling again next May for the Disney's Sun and Surf Baseball Bash at the Espn WWOS complex. The dates of the tournament are Friday May 27th- Monday May 30th 2016. Right now I am thinking we will plan to go From the Tuesday before to the Tuesday after So 24th-31st. That trip is really going to be interesting planning for a group. I will need any and ALL advice on how to handle that. We are planning to book it the beginning of October.

I have read MANY of trip reports the last several years and look forward to writing the first one of my own. Thanks for following along! Any words of advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Current Itinerary and ADR's
going%20to%20disney%20world_zps9u0gev0f.jpg

ADR’s

Saturday 9-5 Maya Grill 7:15 pm

Sunday 9-6 T-Rex 12 pm and Rose and Crown Pub 7:40 pm

Monday 9-7 Kona Café 6:35 pm

Tuesday 9-8 Tusker House 12 pm

Wednesday 9-9 Be Our Guest 6 pm

Thursday 9-10 Coral Reef Restaurant 5:30 pm

Friday 9-11 50’s Prime Time Café 6:30 pm

Sci-Fi Dine In 7:55 **(only one husband requested and he did it about a week ago) If i can get a better time I will replace this and we will skip 50's PT otherwise we will drop this and go to 50's

Saturday 9-12 Via Napoli 5:00 pm ** trying for a later time for this adr like 630 would be ideal.

Current Park Days

Saturday 9-5 None- Possible DTD/DisneyQuest

Sunday 9-6 Disney quest and DTD lunch time –afternoon. Epcot 5-9 pm ** Orginally we were arriving this day so I have beenn debating doing Disney quest on Saturday night and going to the park early this day. But then I would have to drop son's only Dining request which was T-Rex.

Monday 9-7 Magic Kingdom rope Drop 9-1 pm Then back to resort for Break (this is a party night that we are NOT attending). Bus back to MK to go to Dinner but not back inside park.

Tuesday 9-8 Animal Kingdom Rope Drop 9 am- 2 pm- Then back to resort for the night.

Wednesday 9-9 Sleep in. Morning at Blizzard Beach. Evening at Magic Kingdom for Dinner, Wishes, and MSEP. 5 pm- 11 pm

Thursday 9-10. Rope Drop at Epcot. 9 am – 12 pm. Back to resort for break. Dinner at Epcot in the evening 5 pm- 8 pm.

Friday 9-11 Hollywood Studios at Rope Drop 9 am- 1 pm. Back to resort for Break. Dinner and Fantasmic ** Needing to get that sci fi at an earlier time so it doesn't mess with Fantasmic

Saturday 9-12 Sleep in. Morning at Typhoon Lagoon - Evening only at Epcot 4 pm- 7 pm

** Trying to get Via Napoli a little later so we aren't so rushed getting changed and back to epcot.

Sunday 9-13 DME at 7 am to fly home.

Fastpasses- This is what I am shooting for. Naturally I know we probably won’t get exactly what we want.

Saturday 9-5

Sunday 9-6 EP- 4 pm Spaceship Earth (throw away if we aren’t there in time), 5pm Test Track, 6pm this will be another throw away.

Monday 9-7 MK- 10 am 7DMT, 11 am Splash Mtn, 12 pm BTMRR

Tuesday 9-8 AK- 9am EE, 10am Kali, 11 am Safari

Wednesday 9-9 MK- 5pm Space Mtn, 7pm 7DMT, 9pm Wishes

Thursday 9-10 EP- 10am Spaceship Earth, 11am Soarin, 430pm Turtle Talk with Crush

Friday 9-11 HS- 9am TOT, 10am TSMM,12 pm Star Tours

Saturday 9-12 EP-3 pm Soarin,

Last edited:
So here is a look at our Tentative daily schedule. I make our FP reservations in 22 days. Any advice or critiques appreciated.

Saturday- 09/05
-Arrival day Flight lands at 3:50 pm.
-ADR at Maya Grill at the Resort at 715.

-Debating if I should add a park day and go get in a few extra hours at the MK here... Thoughts?

Sunday- 09/06

-Typhoon Lagoon at Rope Drop. Any Strategies for the Rides here we have never been to the waterparks?
-Lunch somewhere at TL (SUGGESTIONS?)

-Back to the Resort after Lunch
- Evening at Epcot
-FP 4 PM Spaceship Earth (its okay if we aren't here in time and miss this one); 5pm Test Track; 6pm Mission Space
-Explore World Showcase I know I want to get an Avacado Margarita 1st thing!
-ADR 740 Rose and Crown for fireworks.

Monday 09/07
-Magic Kingdom Rope Drop
-Hit Peter Pan, Pooh, Barnstormer, and Little Mermaid Ride first thing
- 9:30 -10:30 FP 7DMT
-Its a small world and Haunted Mansion
FP- 1030-1130 Splash Mountain

Lunch Tortuga Tavern or Peco Bills (Suggestions?)
FP 1130-1230 BTMRR
-Hall of Presidents, Tiki Room, and country Bears before Heading back to the resort around 1 or 2. (How long do these attractions take? We have always skipped them before and I really want to do them this trip)
-Pool Time at the Resort
-Bus back to MK and take monorail to the Poly

-6:35 ADR Kona Cafe

Last edited:
Tuesday 09-08 Animal Kingdom
-Rope Drop at AK
-Expedition Everest then Ride again with a 9 am FP
-Kali Ride twice once stand by and then again with 10 am FP
-Dinosaur, Prim, and Triceratop Spin
-11am Flights of wonder, Its tough to be a bug
-12 pm ADR Tusker House
-1pm Showing Lion King
Back to the Resort at 2
5 PM Bus to Downtown Disney
6:15 ADR T-Rex
Disney quest after dinner
(How late does this stay open?)

Wednesday 09-09
-Rope Drop Blizzard Beach
(again stratgey for the rides?)
-Eat lunch at BB then head back to resort around 1-2
-4 pm Bus back to MK

430 FP Space Mountain
-Buzz, monsters Inc, Stitch, Speedway
6 pm ADR Be our Guest
7pm FP 7DMT
Haunted Mansion, BTMRR and anything else DS wants to repeat
830 FP Wishes.

Following! Sorry I can't help with your touring plans...I haven't been to WDW in eons, but I'm looking forward to your TR as a preview for my November trip. :flower:

I will be there 9/6-9/13 at CBR :yay: Looks like we will be at the same parks on the 10th and 11th. I don't know if you know this but there is no party on the 7th. MK is open until 10pm :)
As for strategizing the water parks, I've always just gone with the flow and didn't really plan anything. Typhoon Tillys is good at TL and Lottawotta Lodge at BB is good (these aren't really anything special but they're good). Make sure to get mini donuts! They're at both water parks and delicious!
Tortilla Tavern has VERY weird hours. It's so hard to say when it's open or not so I'd plan on Pecos Bills which is pretty good with a good topping bar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter