A Very Merry 8th Birthday to DD! Update 2/12~Leaving in 8 1/2 hours!!!

jesridge

Mouseketeer
DD'S 8th Birthday Trip and My nieces 1st trip!!!!

When: Feb 15-19th
Where: Offsite
Why: DD turns 8

We are Now Driving:
Feb 14th:8:00 am Leave Indiana
Feb 15th:Arrive Florida
Feb 19th:5:00 pm Leave Florida
Feb:20th:Arrive Home
Those are our plans so far.

So onto the cast:

Me: Jessica 30 ( I Hate having to admit that) I am a preschool teacher and am in the college full-time majoring in Elementary Education. I love love love any and everything Disney. This is my 5th Trip!!!
meepcot.jpg

DD: Brianna is 7 turning 8 on this trip (feb 19th) She loves Disney, the princesses, Mary Poppins, Alice, she loves all of it. Her favorite ride is Everest and her least fav is Tower of terror after riding she said "please tell me I never have to ride that again":sad1:. She is a Competative Cheerleader :cheer2:and a Gymnast, A fashion queen and a Princess princess:!!! This is her 4th Trip!!
029-1.jpg

My sister: Rachel 34, This is her second trip, her last was when she was three.
20636_1360175204265_1228096755_3106.jpg

DN: Tyler 10, This is her 1st trip! She is so excited we asked her to join us, that she has already started packing and counting her money for souviniers! So Cute!!
13535_1286327158110_1228096755_3085.jpg

DS & DH will not be on this trip but don't feel bad for them they are spending a week at Universal in June Boys Only!!

I am currently working on ADR'S and will post them as soon as there done!

We love POFQ, our favorite mod at WDW! The small size make it very nice, it's a peaceful and easy resort. We are staying there the first 2 nights of our upcoming trip then moving over to AKL to finish it off.

Our DD - 2 1/2 is already in love with gymnastics, she has been taking it since summer and is already a pro! She had the "tuck and roll" down after week 1:laughing::laughing:

We love POFQ, our favorite mod at WDW! The small size make it very nice, it's a peaceful and easy resort. We are staying there the first 2 nights of our upcoming trip then moving over to AKL to finish it off.

Our DD - 2 1/2 is already in love with gymnastics, she has been taking it since summer and is already a pro! She had the "tuck and roll" down after week 1:laughing::laughing:

This is our first time at POFQ so I hope we like it. When my DD learned the "tuck and roll" she thought she was the greatest gymnast ever it was pretty cute!

So i got most of our ADR's done today this is what I got so far:

Feb 15
4:00pm~T-rex

Feb 16th
6:10pm~1900 Park Fare

Feb 17th
5:00pm~Yak & Yeti's

Feb 18th
1:30pm~Hollywood and Vine

Feb 19th
8:05am~ Crystal Palace

We have been home from our Christmas Vacation a week so I should probably get to working on this one. I came home from vacation to a email stating that DD's meeting time for Nationals had been moved up considerably so I had to alter our trip a little and we are now coming home on the 19th, I changed my 1st post to reflect this change.

Here are some pictures from our December trip!
071.jpg

062.jpg

054.jpg

070.jpg

109.jpg

067.jpg

066.jpg

So My sister and My Niece are going to be joining us on our Girls only trip!

My sister is 34 and hasn't been to Disney World since she was 3. My niece is 10 and this is first time to Disney.

DD is Very Excited to have them join us!!!

So I booked a new Hotel today as we are no longer staying on property:sad2:

We are now staying at the 3 Palms Hotel & Villa's. It looks really nice hope it is!

I changed our ADRS as we are now only spending two days at the parks and a few days just hanging out showing DD & DN Florida!

Feb 15
4:00pm~T-rex

Feb 16th
8:05am~ Crystal Palace

Feb 17th
(not sure yet need to book something at Hollywood Studios)

Feb 18th
Visiting Cocoa Beach

Feb 19th
Visiting Family who lives in Florida!

17 Days!! Til we leave the cold snowy weather Behind!!!

16 Days of Cold and Snow left til we head south!!!!:cool1:

My lovely niece has been driving her family crazy! We asked her and my sister to join us on our vaca on Wednesday. In the few short days since she has totally driven my brother-in-law crazy. I have been told that she asks questions non-stop and has been cruising the Disney sites, Looks like another Disney Obsessed child has been created!!:thumbsup2 Maybe now my sister will get, why we spend so many vacations at Disney World.

So I'm trying to figure out some really fun things to do with the girls as this is a very special Trip DD turns 8 and Dn's 1st trip.

The Girls made chains to count down the days until we leave, my dd is just as excited as if it were her first time, I think she is just soooo happy DN is coming with us. They are very close they play together and have sleepovers very often, we only live 30 minutes apart.

I'll update more in a little while! Have to do some homework!!!

And For you viewing pleasure cheerleading pics of DD:

001.jpg

002.jpg

briannacheer1.jpg

Only 7 short days until we leave!!! I'm doing my lesson plan for the week we are gone & getting my substitute folder ready! Can't wait til we leave!!! I had 2 exams and 2 quizzes this past week so I really haven't gotten much done! I haven't even started packing, I did get our suitcases out last night, so thats a step in the right direction. I really need to get on the ball, this week is a busy one and I'm not sure how much packing I will be able to get done.
I have to work Monday-Friday 7am-5pm
Monday~ DD has gymnastics 5:30-6:30 (we get home at 7) (dh has class that night)
Tuesday~ DS has Football & DD has cheerleading practice 5:30-7:30 (I go to cheer & dh goes to football),
Wednesday~ I have a staff meeting/training session from 5:00-6:00 and then I have class
Thursday~ DD cheerleading 5:30-7:30 I leave @ 6:00 to go to class (Dh picks her up)
Friday~ 6:00-8:00 Family fun night at preschool
Saturday~ Cousins Birthday party at 10am, Football 4:00 & Dinner with Grandma & Grandpa Ridge at 6:00 for DD's Birthday
Sunday~ leave at 8 am

& Ds science fair project is due By friday & I have to get my party stuff together for Friday's Valentines party. Hope I can fit in packing, DD's & My Haircuts, Bank run, and run to store to get last minute items.

Busy Busy Week ahead, Makes me really want to get to this vacation already!!!

This is totally not vacation or Disney related in anyway but I'm so excited that I have to tell everyone We got the ok from our RE and are all set to Do our 1st IVF cycle in March:cool1:!! I'm bouncing off the walls excited!!!!!!!!

We volunteered over the weekend for The Charity Music of Coldwater Michigan, it's a program for Veterans . We got our vouchers today for our free ticket, DD was so excited when I printed them out.

We finally started packing yesterday with all the snow school,football practice & cheerleading were cancelled. I am going to finish packing today no school again! tonights meeting was cancelled and so was my class, so imight actually get everything done today!!!:cool1::banana:

DD and I took a girls only trip to celebrate her 8th birthday in November....and we're from Indiana too! Have a great time!

So we have made some drastic changes to our original plan, My sister & I decided why wait til Sunday to leave when we can leave tomorrow. So after DD gets home from school I am picking up My sister & DN and heading to Florida:cool1::cool1:!!!!

So here is our New Itinerary so far I still have to change some ADR'S

Saturday: Checkin Hotel
Dinner DTD
Sunday: Magic Kingdom

Monday: Cocoa Beach~Picnic & Shell collecting

Tuesday: DHS

Wednesday: Show the girls around Orlando (I was born their & lived their for a while as a child)/ Old Town

Thursday: Visit w/ family

Friday: Leave for home!

So we are definately leaving early I changed our Hotel reservation, got someone to cover me for Friday night for preschool parents night, DH & DS are still going to cousin's B-day party, and I was able to get grandma & grandpa Ridge to reschedule B-day dinner! I will have to miss DS football game:sad1:, but I think everything is going to work out fine DH & DS are going to use saturday & Sunday as Boy time.

How FUN!!! I'm totally jealous that not only you are going to WDW but that you are now leaving EARLY! I just asked my DH today if we could go drive somewhere cause I'm sick of winter!

Have fun!

We are leaving Today!!!! 8 1/2 Hours til we will be on the road to Florida! The Girls are so excited my niece has called me a dozen times this morning to make sure we are still leaving today!! I think she's afraid she is gonna get left!! I have also been informed by both DD & DN that this is going to be the longest day of school ever!! So I will see ya when We get back next Saturday (2/20)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter