A Very Merry Birthday Trip (Early December 2016)

Dormouse.

Enchanted Tales With Elle
:dogdance:Hi everyone!:dogdance:

Welcome to my first-ever pre-trip report!

The Dates: November 30 – December 10

The Hotel: Boardwalk Villas

The Cast:

ME: Michelle (or Elle, on the internet)! I’m 23, and I work in user research at a video game studio. I’m a raging nerd and a Disney lover. When it comes to travelling, or life in general, I love all things themed, quirky, and kitsch. This will be my second Disney vacation!

HIM: Uriah. He’s 27. He works in quality assurance at a mobile company. He’s also a raging nerd, a musician, and a fan of Disney, especially now that they own Star Wars. One of his favorite things about these trips is watching my excitement levels progress as we get closer and closer to the travel date; he also likes getting stealth pictures of me crying the entire vacation. His mother was a WDW AP holder back when he was little, so his babysitter used to take him to WDW on the regular when he was a kid.

We’re both Disney Renaissance children, and we love getting to meet characters and getting their signatures, so there’s going to be plenty of that on our trip!

These are a few of our favorite things~

Favorite Disney Character: Marie/Tron

Favorite Disney Movie: Alice in Wonderland (The Aristocats is a close second)/The Nightmare Before Christmas

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios

Favorite Ride: Haunted Mansion/Star Tours

Favorite Show: Celebrate the Magic/Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular

The Background – Why We're Going!

1. My first Disney World trip was last October. Things came together too last minute to really plan anything, so we missed out on doing a lot and tried to compensate by pulling crazy hours in the parks. Also, the hotel we were staying at had the fire alarm go off every night at crazy hours. In addition to this, I have lupus and fibromyalgia (fibro being a recent diagnosis) and had greatly underestimated how much rest I actually needed. The thought to rent an ECV or wheelchair had never crossed my mind, so by the end of our fourth day, I almost needed to be carried out of the park. Needless to say, we wanted to explore the park at a more leisurely pace, this time. We’ll trying to spend two days in each park, so we can take things more slowly this time and still get to do everything we’d like to do. This way, we can also sleep in!

2. My birthday trip was cancelled last year due to really unfortunate circumstances. My fella felt really guilty about this, even though it had absolutely nothing to do with him, and he swore to make this year’s birthday magical. We thought about going to Disneyland, but then we thought about Reason Number 3.

3. This is our last Disney trip for a while. We were originally taking two vacations every year happen, but we’ve decided to focus down to one trip a year so we can put more money down on student loans and start saving for a house. We also want to travel to non-Disney places, so this will be our last Disney trip until one of the following things happens: (1) Star Wars expansion is done (2) We get married (We’re looking into a Disneyland wedding and part of our honeymoon will be spent at Tokyo Disneyland) (3) One of us wins the lottery :P

I hope you enjoy reading along with my adventures. If you have any suggestions along the way, please let me know!

Last edited:
How do you get to Wonderland?
Or, the Index
tumblr_lguj4ewEtX1qg64aho1_500.gif
  • Introduction
  • Dining Reservations

Last edited:
"What Could Be More Important Than A Little Something To Eat?"
Or, all our ADR's!
tumblr_n48ijvfHxl1tqs69bo1_500.gif
November 30
Dinner at 1900 Park Fare. Nothing else, since we're flying and checking in that day. I'd hate to miss an ADR because our flight is delayed, so we'll probably do QS. What are your favorite QS places in Magic Kingdom?

December 1
No plans yet! This is our MVMCP day, and we'll also be visiting my fella's grandmother. I'd really like to try Skipper's Canteen, but I'm hesitant to make reservations at MK prior to party time, in case they don't let us in early. That being said, I also don't want to waste party time by eating.

December 2
Dinner at 50’s Prime Time Cafe

December 3
Breakfast at Tusker House, Dinner at Beaches & Cream Soda Shop

December 4
Breakfast at the Garden Grill, Dinner at Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater

December 5
Breakfast at The Crystal Palace, Dinner at Cinderella’s Royal Table

December 6
Breakfast at Akershus, Dinner at San Angel Inn

December 7
Breakfast at ‘Ohana, Dinner at Be Our Guest; Our dinner is at 4:40, which I think is ridiculously early. I'm hoping I can pull off one a little bit later.

December 8
Dinner at Yak & Yeti; A really early dinner again. I'm hoping that if hours expand, more dining options will open up. Does anyone know if hours get expanded in December at AK? In the morning/afternoon, we're going to have a QS feast with different things from all the QS and kiosks Animal Kingdom.

December 9
Lunch is Dining with an Imagineer at Hollywood Brown Derby, Dinner at Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine. We're clearly eating a lot this day.

December 10
No ADR's this day, since we're spending our day in Disney Springs before we leave for our flight back home. Instead, we plan on going around different kiosks (Aristocrepes, etc.) throughout the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter