A Walk in Walt's Footsteps

Jen117

DIS Veteran
Since this will be my first DL experience, I would like to take the Walt's Footsteps tour. Has anyone done this, and can you take children on it?? My daughter will be 22 months and I was wondering if hubby and I should take seperate tours, or if we can all do it?? Thanks in advance.

You can take your daughter but she would be VERY bored. This is a great tour for Disney trivia buffs; you get a very interesting look at Walt's life and how he created Disneyland. It lasts about three hours and involves quite a bit of walking. It's definitely not for young kids, and honestly, if this is your FIRST DL experience I wouldn't recommend it for you either, unless you are very interested in Disney trivia. This tour is much better suited to a DL veteran who wants to learn more about the park.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Michelle,
I will be making my first trip to DL this October, and I was planning on taking the Footsetps tour. I am into learning the history of the park, and anything about Walt. Would you recommend I take the Welcome to DL tour instead? Would I get a better overview of the park?
Thanks

Collins, how much time will you have? If you have a couple of days to experience the rides then yes, I would recommend the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour if the history of DL and Walt interests you. If you only have a day or two to visit the parks, I think I'd focus on enjoying the parks for a first visit.

As for the Welcome to Disneyland tour, I have never done it, but my impression is that it is geared to a person who has never experienced ANY Disney park. If you have been to WDW then I think this tour would not be suitable for you. If not, then the introductory tour would make more sense. :)

Thanks Michelle.
I have "budgeted" two days for DL, two for DCA, and one for Universal. Hopefully this will leave me with some extra time to see the hotels and downtown disney also.
I go to WDW almost every year, so I wont do the Welcome tour.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter