A week-long 5th birthday! Our trip report from May 24-30, 2015.

EmilyS90

Mouseketeer
Hey guys, just got back a couple days ago and finally rested up from our trip. We had a blast! This is my first trip report so bear with me.

When: May 24th through May 30th 2015
Where: Port Orleans Riverside, the Royal Guest Rooms.
Who: Myself, my fiance, and our daughter, Riley
Why: 5th birthdays are very important.

0529151005.jpg

I'll be kicking this off with our arrival day soon!

Table of Contents:
Arrival Day (part 1)

Last edited:
Arrival Day
Originally we were going to stay at Art of Animation, but I had a change of heart and switched us to POR on a whim about a month before. We got to POR around noon on the 24th, after driving from Richmond, KY to Valdosta, GA the night before. So we were pretty well rested and ready to go! Our room wasn't quite ready so we hung out by the pool for a bit.

0524151233.jpg

Riley was not quite ready to conquer the "big pool" but she enjoyed this one quite a bit.

It was maybe about an hour later that we got a text letting us know our room was ready, and we were definitely ready to unpack and start our trip. The Royal Guest room was gorgeous, and Riley adored it. I meant to take a picture of the signature mickey head made from towels but she fairly quickly deconstructed it.
0524151325-1.jpg
The view was also rather pretty, but this was really the only time we stopped to look
0529150812.jpg

After unpacking and resting up a bit, it was time for the first thing on the itinerary. Bibbidi Bobbbidi Boutique at Downtown Disney! We took the boat there, which was a really nice little trip. It looks a little stormy in the pic below but we managed to avoid any rain that day. Phew.
pnnu0.jpg

I took WAY too many pictures at BBB. But here's a few favorites.
vvzsc9c.jpg

I'm pretty amazed that she let the Fairy Godmother in training do all that stuff to her hair. She won't even let me brush it without complaining.The magic of Disney, I suppose.
Bwhff41.png

fz45Okj.png

d9fyZzd.png

OT64QmY.png

tgu03Xs.jpg

We headed back to POR and were surprised to find Minnie Mouse meeting people by the dock. We got to snap a couple of pictures before she left.
8nZDwSQ.jpg

rEtlC0f.jpg

That's it for now. Next post will be our dinner at Akershus!

Was looking for 5th birthday trip reports; planning one for my daughter this May/June. Wish you updated! :) lovely so far!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter