A Whirlwind Trip to Shanghai Disneyland!

Oh wow that hotel is incredible!! It's like a museum, so gorgeous!!

I am a HUGE fan of Inside Out...that painting of Joy.....I think I just stared at it for 5 minutes!

Your room looks gorgeous - how big was it? It looks huge! Love the effects over the beds :love:

I know, it really is an awesome hotel!!

The artwork was so wonderful in both hotels and the park. They really did a great job!

I think it was about the same size as the Toy Story Hotel room, although the bathroom seemed larger. It was amazing and the beds were SO comfortable - I felt like I was sleeping on a cloud and found myself wishing we were staying there another night!

Well, we're flying out in a bit over 12 hours, so no time to add anything after this. I will put my own report up once we're back with my own views and ideas for others to use.
Dentam, you and Zanzibar have been a great help to me- thanks!!
"I'm coming, Tron, I'm coming!!":yay:

Woohoo!! I'm so envious of your trip - I would go back to China in a heartbeat! Have a fantastic time and I can't wait to read your TR!!

I just found your TR. It's the first detailed report I've seen of SDL and it's been a great read. The theming of the hotels is incredible and the park itself has a lot of detail. Too bad the ride wait times were so high, but at least you got to see the park.

I just found your TR. It's the first detailed report I've seen of SDL and it's been a great read. The theming of the hotels is incredible and the park itself has a lot of detail. Too bad the ride wait times were so high, but at least you got to see the park.

Glad you found my report! @zanzibar138 also has a very detailed report of her trip to SDL for the opening days!

The theming was excellent throughout both hotels and the park. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite not getting to go on many rides.

More pics of the SDL Hotel coming up next!

Here are a few more pics from our time wandering around the hotel that night. I have even more, but don't have much time to post them all tonight so I'll try to add the rest tomorrow.

The gift shop:

IMG_2649.jpg

The lounge which had large windows facing the park with the Castle framed perfectly in the middle (I have more pics of this area and the lobby taken in the daylight the following day that I will post later):

IMG_2716.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg

IMG_2708.jpg

And more of the wonderful artwork in the lobby area:

IMG_2702.jpg IMG_2704.jpg

More pics coming tomorrow!

Well, it looks like I won't have a lot of time to work on another update until this Friday. Sorry about that, but it's coming soon!

Just noticed the link in your signature the other day. Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos. Everything looks absolutely beautiful! An art lover's dream. And especially SDL hotel, WOW!
I would love top visit someday just for an opportunity to stay there. Especially that they have a restaurant called Lumiere's Kitchen, he's one of my favorites not to mention he sings my all time favorite Disney song.

Looking forward to reading more

WOW! Great trip report! This hotel makes the Grand Floridan look like a slum! If I may ask, what is the nightly rate in USD $ ?

Just noticed the link in your signature the other day. Thank you for sharing all those wonderful photos. Everything looks absolutely beautiful! An art lover's dream. And especially SDL hotel, WOW!

:welcome: Glad you found my TR! Yes, the parks and hotels are really well done and I especially loved all of the artwork - so many colorful murals and mosaics to enjoy! The SDL Hotel was the cherry on top - just fabulous!

I would love top visit someday just for an opportunity to stay there. Especially that they have a restaurant called Lumiere's Kitchen, he's one of my favorites not to mention he sings my all time favorite Disney song.

I LOVED the entire restaurant - so much so that I talked Kelly into going to breakfast there the next morning. It really didn't take any work to convince her though! The best part was they had music from the movie playing the entire time in the background like the music they play in BOG at WDW. LOVED IT!!

WOW! Great trip report! This hotel makes the Grand Floridan look like a slum! If I may ask, what is the nightly rate in USD $ ?

Thanks and :welcome:! The SDL Hotel was pretty reasonable by Disney Deluxe hotel standards. Our room was $336 USD/night and that included the resort fees, tax, etc. And just like the SDL park ticket rates, it looks like this price goes down in the off season. Park tickets are also cheaper than WDW - they were $76 for us in early August and they go down to $56/person in the off season.

Last edited:
I realized that I forgot to post the activity calendar for SDL Hotel, so I'm including that here along with a few pics of the welcome letter with souvenir postcards, gift bag, etc that were in our room when we arrived.

IMG_3209 (1).jpg

IMG_3210 (1).jpg

IMG_3211 (1).jpg

IMG_2797 (1).jpg

IMG_2789 (1).jpg

IMG_2788 (1).jpg

Continuing our late night photography trek, we took a peek outside the lobby to the area facing Wishing Star Lake. There was a nice fountain lit with color changing lights, and look at that view of the park!

IMG_2722 (1).jpg

IMG_2723 (1).jpg

IMG_2725 (1).jpg

IMG_2728 (1).jpg

We then went out the front doors of the lobby and took some quick photos of the entrance.

IMG_2732 (1).jpg

And here is the lobby as you walk in the front doors.

IMG_2737 (1).jpg

Next, we decided to go to the upper floors to take a few more pics before calling it a night. I believe the 7th floor was as high as we could go. I think Aurora restaurant and terrace is on the 8th floor.

IMG_2746.jpg
IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2756.jpg IMG_2758.jpg

Last edited:
Just a few more pics that wouldn't fit on the previous post. Only the middle pillar was lit this late at night, but normally all of these are lit.

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2769.jpg

IMG_2781.jpg

It was around 1am by this time, so we decided to head back to our room to get some sleep before tackling our last day in SDL - and our final day in China!

More beautiful pictures! Loving it!

Continuing our late night photography trek, we took a peek outside the lobby to the area facing Wishing Star Lake. There was a nice fountain lit with color changing lights, and look at that view of the park!

img_2722-1-jpg.195259

Oooooooh! So Pretty!

I love the nighttime shots!!! So pretty!!

I have to say the lobby reminds me of the atriums on a disney ship!

So glad I stumbled upon your TR. I L-O-V-E the artwork and mosaics everywhere, the Toy Story hotel is super cute, and the Shanghai Disneyland Hotel is spectacular.

The park is beautiful too, love those night shots of the castle!

Subbing, I'll be back to read. So cool that you had a work trip to China, and a bonus DL visit too!

All caught up! Such a fun look at SDL. Thanks so much for sharing. That TRON ride looks too crazy for me Too bad about pirates and all the long lines and line cutters. Are there no fastpasses?

There are FPs, Magicfor2,- Tron, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Seven Dwarfs, Winnie the Pooh, Soaring and Roaring Rapids. At busy times, of course, they fill up just like other places, or sometimes they just aren't offered. Just depends on when you're there if you get on or not. I missed Pirates because it was closed all day. :furious:
Dentam, your photos are great. The SDH is beautiful, almost too nice for me. For the cost of it, I would want to stay in it all day and appreciated it- not what you usually do at Disney! DH has had a bad habit over the years of sometimes booking a really nice place, then we get sidetracked and arrive late, so it just ends up being somewhere to sleep. :(

There are FPs, Magicfor2,- Tron, Peter Pan, Buzz Lightyear, Seven Dwarfs, Winnie the Pooh, Soaring and Roaring Rapids. At busy times, of course, they fill up just like other places, or sometimes they just aren't offered. Just depends on when you're there if you get on or not. I missed Pirates because it was closed all day. :furious:
Dentam, your photos are great. The SDH is beautiful, almost too nice for me. For the cost of it, I would want to stay in it all day and appreciated it- not what you usually do at Disney! DH has had a bad habit over the years of sometimes booking a really nice place, then we get sidetracked and arrive late, so it just ends up being somewhere to sleep. :(

Thanks. It sounded a little unorganized, and I'm sure the line cutters didn't help. Have you done a SDL TR also?

Thanks. It sounded a little unorganized, and I'm sure the line cutters didn't help. Have you done a SDL TR also?

We didn't have fp's since as I mentioned I lost my room key early on, then was told afterward it wouldn't have mattered since you have to get paper tickets in order to get fp's. Our trip wasn't organized at all, we were mostly just happy to be there checking out the new park! :)

I will try to finish up this report later today and finish responses as well. Sorry for the delay - lots happening lately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter