A Whole New World, Part 4: Last minute revisions and the final count down!

bettymae1121

DIS Veteran
Pre-trip Report Part 4: Last minute revisions and the final count down!

Links to Parts 1 through 3

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Author’s Note: Part 4 coverage written March/April 2018

I was able to finally book the Frozen Desert Party earlier this week (early March ’18). The one problem? The party isn’t being held on the day I wanted it for. We have a “pool day” scheduled at the halfway point of the trip so we can sleep in and just hang by the pool until dinner, where I’d gotten an ADR for Biergarten and had planned on doing the Frozen party that night. But, even though there had consistently been parties on Wednesdays in the past, no joy for the week we’re traveling. So I wound up booking it for our full Epcot day and had to re-work the touring plan. I gave up the FP for FEA so we could get one for TT and moved our Spaceship Earth FP time as well. We’ll still RD Soarin’ and tour clockwise, but will not ride FEA until we get to do it after park close as part of the party package. The trouble with all of this is that we’d be doing 12+ hours in the park and I don’t know if I can last that long without a break, never mind DD. Depending on how everyone feels we may just go back to the hotel for a break in the afternoon and come back for our dinner ADR in Morocco and the desert party. We’ll have more time to tour WS on our 2nd Epcot evening later in the trip (the original date I wanted to do the party).

I also rebooked our ADR at AK, switching it from Tusker House RoL package to just a normal meal at Tiffins, and adjusted some FP times for our 2nd full MK day as well as re-working our touring plan for HS. I actually added in doing standby for TSMM – it’s predicted that HS crowd levels that day will only be a 3 (out of 10) and the wait is predicted to be about 55 minutes. It actually fills a hole we had in the schedule that day, so I’ve penciled it in. If the wait turns out longer than expected we can always bail.

Right before Easter we finally told Her Most Royal Majesty, Dr. Princess-Jedi-Ninja Abby about the trip. We wanted her to have the excitement of looking forward to the trip without it having to be too long of a wait (also driving us up the wall with asking us “when are we going?” every half second). This puts it at about 3 weeks for her, which I think is about right. I’ve ordered our Magic Bands and gotten them linked. DD decided she wants to dress up as Belle on our 1st MK day, so I ordered her an outfit (and decided last minute to try and get her in to BBB that day, no luck so far but I’ll keep trying -and if I can’t get it no biggie -she doesn’t know it exists and what she doesn’t know she can’t whine about…). We're doing the Garden Grove seafood buffet on day of arrival, and DD has stated we MUST golf while at WDW (I showed her a resort map of WDW, she saw the golf courses, and that was that) so we'll also do Fantasia Gardens mimi-golf after dinner we stuff ourselves with seafood. I’ve started my packing list, booked the town cars, and scheduled the mail hold.

I’ve taken the day before our trip off from work to do laundry, pack, clean out the fridge, and general trip-prep. All that’s left is setting up my out-of-office voice mail and email messages (would it be unprofessional to record “I can’t answer your call right now because I’m on Space Mountain”?), I’m out of things to plan at this point. Thus, this is the conclusion of my Pre-Trip Report. I plan on posting a full trip report a week or two after our return, meaning mid-May or so. I’ll update this thread with a link to that report for the 3 people that have read this novel and for some weird reason are still following.

Have a magical day everyone!

ETA: Oh, and more spreadsheet action!

disney sheet 5.png
disney sheet 6.png

Last edited:
So if you don't get DD into BBB ( I was trying for that day as well) I have read you can go in there and they will "sprinkle pixie dust" in their hair for free? I know it's not the whole experience, but it's something??

I hadn't thought about it, I don't know. On one hand it's a cute idea, on the other hand, I don't want her to wonder why she can't get the full treatment. Might be one of those things we just "wing". I'm hopeful we can pick something up though, like the restaurants there is a 24 hour cancelation fee so I might be able to snag an appointment last minute if nothing pops up before that. But thanks for the idea! I had heard they'll still do the pixie dust w/out an appointment but didn't put the two together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!