A Wide-Open Thank You to the Podcast Team!

dolcezena

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to share something...

I was one of the lucky people who had their voicemail played on the show. A voicemail I had left a few weeks earlier, & had pretty much given up on being played.

On Mon, Mar 31, my beloved cat of 12 years (the "Zena" part of my DIS name), passed away. As any of you who have pets will understand, I turned into an emotional wreck, especially for the next few days. Like many other people, I have chronic depression, & Zena was often the only bright spot in my life. (Sorry, need to get a grip...)

Movin' on....

After a few days, I became somewhat "normal," (my DH would debate that term ever being applied to me), I picked up my life & went back to my routine.

This past Friday, on the bus, on the way to work, I finally listened to the e-mail show. And lo & behold, there was my voicemail! So in addition to the embarassment of laughing on a crowded bus, I almost grabbed a total stranger's arm to scream, "THEY PLAYED MY VOICEMAIL!"

So thanks Podcast team, for making me smile & bringing me up out of my grief. :hug:

Luv you all!!!! :love:

thats the best when you here your voice mail. I was lucky and made the show back to back weeks.

PS sorry about your loss.:grouphug:

Ditto. Sorry about your loss. "Menasha" was my Siberian Husky's name, and now, over 4 years later, I still use her name as a screen name.

It gets better. Hey- you even had your voice mail read!! :hug:

I'm happy that you had your voicemail read. I'm too scared to leave a voicemail, so I just send emails, even though I know Pete really likes the voicemails.

I'm also sorry for your loss. My family is a BIG dog family. I have 5 brothers and sisters, and we all have dogs. These past two months have been very hard for all of us, as my mom and dad lost their dog and 2 of my sisters lost their dogs, all in about 5 weeks time. It's been a rough winter for all of us, and we still miss them all very much. So, I can certainly understand your sadness.

But, leave it to the podcast crew to cheer us all up! They are great at that!
:goodvibes

I'm so very sad to hear about your furbaby. Losing a pet can be a very hard thing to go through. If you haven't read it look up the "Rainbow Bridge" poem, wonderful for people grieving a lost pet.

On a lighter note... Congrats on having your voicemail played!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter