A World of Disney - 2019-2020 Pre Trip Reports! - Basic NYE plans

Another quick May change.

I was all booked and happy with my choice of Sapphire Falls Resort.

But then I had to think about packing. I got an Owners Locker in December and I LOVE IT! So much simpler, since so much of my Disney supplies/basic packing things are already taken care of. When I'm packing for Florida now, I just have to do clothes, anything special for that specific trip, and some limited toiletries. Everything else is already there! My OL was already scheduled to go to Yacht Club, but I went in to switch it to SF. Unfortunately, roadblock - none of the Universal hotels (all run by Loews) showed up on the drop-off hotel list! What! I tried asking on the Dis, but eventually yesterday ended up calling OL to ask. They explained that recently Loews basically decided to switch up any deliveries and they can't deliver Lockers to the Universal hotels anymore. The guy I talked to sounded very aggravated with Loews and explained that they fought back on the decision, but he speculated it was corporate trying to cut back on bell services. I tried calling SF and after speaking to the general call center, then the front desk, then the business center, it turns out now ALL deliveries have to arrive at the business center. They end up charging an extra fee for anything arriving this way, and it would be $25 for my locker. And furthermore, the OL vehicle wasn't able to deliver as they needed a loading dock, which Loews was no longer giving them access to. So, very annoying! And it really rubbed me the wrong way that Loews was being such a PITA.

giphy.gif

OL did have the suggestion of getting the locker delivered to any Disney resort hotel. Then I could go there and pick it up. That was a possibility, since I would be at WDW on the Sunday to see those Easter Eggs, but once I thought more about the hassle (and asked my friends/mom for advice), came to a different conclusion - I should just stay at Disney after all!

So, new plan:
Saturday night - Sapphire Falls (makes sense with the meetup going until 1:30am)
Sunday - Wednesday - Port Orleans Riverside, Garden View room (with an AP discount)
giphy.gif

Port Orleans is slightly further away from the conference hotel, but on the order of 15 minutes, not 1 hr. This also gives me the option to go down to Disney Springs for evenings, or maybe even head to a park briefly (though with the conference officially going until 7 and park closing at 9, I doubt this will be possible). I think I will stick to relatively no ADRs, since I don't know my full schedule yet, and there are plenty of QS type places I want to try at Disney Springs anyways (OpenTable is also an option).

giphy.gif

With one exception: @chunkymonkey and I decided to book Sunday brunch at Wine Bar George. I'd like to give you a summary of our discussion:
Me: "Would you be interested in brunch at Wine Bar George on Sunday?"
Su-Lynn: "Hmm, maybe. I am having a big dinner that evening..."
Me: "They have Dole Whip Mimo -"
Su-Lynn: "SOLD"
Me: "-sas"

giphy.gif

So that should be fun! And we will be neighbors after all (she and her chubby hubby are staying at POFQ)!

So yeah, that is the update. Hopefully no other changes!

This is exactly how it would go if it were me lol *makes note of Wine Bar George as places to try during my CP*

That's so annoying about Loews. You know it's really screwy when someone who generally deals in that type of business is getting frustrated. But hey, now you get more time on Disney property! :teeth:

This is exactly how it would go if it were me lol *makes note of Wine Bar George as places to try during my CP*

That's so annoying about Loews. You know it's really screwy when someone who generally deals in that type of business is getting frustrated. But hey, now you get more time on Disney property! :teeth:
Unfortunately it’s taken another annoying twist. Stay tuned for more info (it’s just hotel issues-still the same dates and everything)

Saturday night - Sapphire Falls (makes sense with the meetup going until 1:30am)
So, I am doing Morgan's Sleepover Party this night. So, I am sure I will be up. I will need lots of pictures of this event / thing that I have never heard of... :)

With one exception: @chunkymonkey and I decided to book Sunday brunch at Wine Bar George. I'd like to give you a summary of our discussion:

giphy.gif
This made me laugh! I really want a Dole Whip Mimosa!

Unfortunately it’s taken another annoying twist. Stay tuned for more info (it’s just hotel issues-still the same dates and everything)
Oh no! Oye!

I'm glad this annoyance translated into more Disney time for you, as well as a Dole Whip Mimosa brunch with Su-Lynn!! :)

That is so frustrating about the OL not being available at Universal Hotels. It is such a great idea, esp if you go to Orlando several times per year. On the flip side, yay for more Disney time! Good thing you dont need the US express pass. I feel like that would complicate things further.

How exciting! I feel like anytime I try to book anything Universal I always end up back at Disney! Its just home! :cloud9:

Did you book the Wine Bar George brunch through MDE? I've been waiting for it to pop up and havent seen anything. Or did you have to call? Very interested in this! **also love your conversation :rotfl:**

How exciting! I feel like anytime I try to book anything Universal I always end up back at Disney! Its just home! :cloud9:

Did you book the Wine Bar George brunch through MDE? I've been waiting for it to pop up and havent seen anything. Or did you have to call? Very interested in this! **also love your conversation :rotfl:**
No - Open Table! So much easier!

Joining in on the party. I must admit that I am very jealous of you. I wish I had that many Disney trips planned for the next 2 years. I though I had a lot planning our trip for this summer, a DL for next spring, and a WDW trip with my daughter next June.
All those flights going to Asia...wow. So much planning that must have gone into that.
You would have had me at Dole Whip Mimosa too.

HAHAHAHA That is EXACTLY how it happened!!!
Don't need to convince me to try anything new to eat. And I can always just share an entree with Steve just to get my own Dole Whip mimosa, plus do a bit of snacking around the world and then dinner at Yachtsman, LOL.

So that should be fun! And we will be neighbors after all (she and her chubby hubby are staying at POFQ)!

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

HAHAHAHA That is EXACTLY how it happened!!!
Don't need to convince me to try anything new to eat. And I can always just share an entree with Steve just to get my own Dole Whip mimosa, plus do a bit of snacking around the world and then dinner at Yachtsman, LOL.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
You can also get sides! So an entree and some sides wouldn’t be a bad idea! Easy WDW loved their potato hash (potato’s, bacon, butter)

Misc Updates

Ok, some quick updates. I will need to provide more detailed updating once I have a moment to write it up!

May WDW trip:
When I had my TA switch Sapphire Falls from a 4-night to a 1-night it was no longer available except for a suite at 3x the cost! It was pretty annoying, because if I booked 2 nights I could get a regular room, but not for 1 night. The other options were more expensive and Cabana Bay is (slightly) further away. I debated just doing Disney all 4 nights, but was having doubts about the transit time and being late for the OI event check-in (and missing my opportunity to ride Pterdon Flyers). Eventually I was able to get a good rate at the Aventura Hotel through booking.com. But then a couple days ago I stumbled across a really good 1-night rate for Royal Pacific Resort, so I switched over to there. Definitely happy about that change, as it's even closer to the parks. And I can even get an Express Pass which I can use for the couple hours after I'm allowed in the park with the OI meetup ticket but before it closes to regular guests (try to knock out a couple rides via EP so I can focus on food and atmosphere during the event!)

giphy.gif

May DLR Trip:
No actual changes here, but we have the Paradise Pier Hotel booked. We are all still waiting to find out what is going on with the reservation system. We know hotel guests get 1 guaranteed reservation, but we don't know how those get distributed. We have a reservation May 30-June 1, so definitely want to get a reservation for May 31. We also don't know if hotel guests will be eligible to get one of the regular reservations, so hopefully we will and Dina and I can get one for June 1. We also don't know how they will do the actual access to the land, like if they will kick us out after a certain amount of time, or what! So many unknowns and rumors floating about!

giphy.gif

Fall Asian Trip:
Booked my room at Shanghai Disneyland Hotel! Very excited about that one! I also had enough points in my Capital One Venture Card, so I basically wiped out the entire cost of 3 nights. I got the cheapest room available (garden view), as the theme park view was 2x the cost and just not worth it!

I'm still waiting on special offers for the Hong Kong Disney resort to book there too.

giphy.gif

NYE Trip:
Finally booked my airfare today. I've been monitoring it and prices are insane that time of the year - it would have been $850 round trip! Instead I used miles and am actually flying first class! That should be nice! I also extended my trip by 1 day to allow for lower mile amounts. My hotel reservation is via DVC rental points at Boardwalk Villas. For this new night, I hopefully will be able to stay at the Riveria (it will be a Sunday in the cheapest point season, so a good opportunity to stay on fewer points). For now, I have a standard studio booked at AKV, as that's where I own points.

giphy.gif

Which, btw... I haven't mentioned, but I'm now a DVC member! I finalized my resale contract at the beginning of the year and own at AKV because I love that resort!

SWDAS Cruise:
I used my DVC points to book studios at AKV for the 2-nights prior to the cruise and the 2-nights after the cruise. I was luckily able to get a Value Studio! So very few points used! I had considered trying to stay at Riveria for the post-cruise nights, but it was almost 2x the points vs the value studio I booked, so it doesn't make sense!

I also booked my airfare today. The dates just became available on American Airlines (which has the most convenient flight times). I had put a hold on the airfare 2 nights ago, and it was due to expire tonight. I checked and the airfare had gone up $100, so I went ahead and grabbed my earlier, cheaper fare!

So yeah, that is what has been going on!

May WDW trip:
But then a couple days ago I stumbled across a really good 1-night rate for Royal Pacific Resort, so I switched over to there. Definitely happy about that change, as it's even closer to the parks. And I can even get an Express Pass which I can use for the couple hours after I'm allowed in the park with the OI meetup ticket but before it closes to regular guests (try to knock out a couple rides via EP so I can focus on food and atmosphere during the event!)

Nice! Sounds like a great plan!! That included express pass is hard to pass up.

May DLR Trip
We also don't know if hotel guests will be eligible to get one of the regular reservations, so hopefully we will and Dina and I can get one for June 1. We also don't know how they will do the actual access to the land, like if they will kick us out after a certain amount of time, or what! So many unknowns and rumors floating about!

Uh yeah, Disney really needs to get on that! Like its nearly a month away and no news? Do they not realize that a majority of Disney-goers are PLANNERS!?

For now, I have a standard studio booked at AKV, as that's where I own points.

What! Thats awesome! I'm still so torn over buying into DVC. Although I'll admit the rooms at Riviera have me swaying into yes-ville realllll quick lol I'm definitely going to put in a request to rent points there next March!!

So many exciting updates!!​

What! Thats awesome! I'm still so torn over buying into DVC. Although I'll admit the rooms at Riviera have me swaying into yes-ville realllll quick lol I'm definitely going to put in a request to rent points there next March!!
Yeah, I started more seriously considering the cost savings last year. I did the DVC tour in December, and considered buying Copper Creek direct or AKV from Disney, but the costs were so high! I decided I don't need the extra benefits from Disney, so it made more sense to go the resale route. Found a fully loaded contract (I rented out the banked 2018 points) and I was pretty excited when it passed Disney's right of first refusal! I got it in before the change in benefits, so I can still use the points to book anywhere!

Riveria certainly looks nice, but it also seems super expensive, both in $/point and the amount of points for booking. Also if you have to eventually sell it, its value may not be worthwhile because of the resale restrictions! I do look forward to hopefully trying it out for a night though!

I do not even know how you keep track of all this. It's crazy.

Hoping that your plans to see Galaxy's Edge when it opens work out. Cast Members were just announced to be blocked out from Disneyland for THE WHOLE SUMMER because of the opening so yeah, it about to get real nuts.

Congratulations on officially becoming a DVC member! AKV is truly a quality choice for your home resort. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!