A World of Disney - 2019-2020 Pre Trip Reports! - Basic NYE plans

So glad you had an awesome time! It looked like it was pretty well managed and organized. I enjoyed watching the video of you making the light saber! I also watched some vlogs and a livestream of the openings days so I feel like I have a good feel for the land now. Can't wait to check it out for myself someday!

Okay I don't know how I totally missed that you had a PTR going but now I'm here! I'm super interested to see your planning for the Asian parks, since those are on our list in the next few years as well!

I'm with dolewhipdreams - very interested in your asian parks trip. I will be planning something similar for my family of 4 (me, DH, DS 27 special needs, DS 24) and upon reading your plans, it sounds very similar to what I was thinking! My boys are big fans of japanese food and culture, hence the extra time spent in Japan. Are you planning on going to Universal in Japan at all? Also watching your alaskan cruise, I'm thinking of one of those as well (we live in Wa. state but frequent DW more than DL).

Okay I don't know how I totally missed that you had a PTR going but now I'm here! I'm super interested to see your planning for the Asian parks, since those are on our list in the next few years as well!
I'm with dolewhipdreams - very interested in your asian parks trip. I will be planning something similar for my family of 4 (me, DH, DS 27 special needs, DS 24) and upon reading your plans, it sounds very similar to what I was thinking! My boys are big fans of japanese food and culture, hence the extra time spent in Japan. Are you planning on going to Universal in Japan at all? Also watching your alaskan cruise, I'm thinking of one of those as well (we live in Wa. state but frequent DW more than DL).
I will definitely be updating soon on my Asia plans! I started writing them up in a word document so I just needed to copy over to here! I find I have so much stuff and planning knocking around my head that writing it out either on computer, phone, TR, it helps pull it out so I’m no longer distracted by it!

I do need to figure out ADRs for the NYE trip because that is coming up soon!

Eager to follow this PTR since as you know my Japan trip got delayed. :sad2: But bonus, I will now get to benefit from your experiences which will hopefully help me plan my trip when it does eventually happen.

Eager to follow this PTR since as you know my Japan trip got delayed. :sad2: But bonus, I will now get to benefit from your experiences which will hopefully help me plan my trip when it does eventually happen.
Haha - hopefully I won't make too many mistakes! I still can't believe I'm doing a 3-week trip to another continent where I don't speak the language...by myself!

Haha - hopefully I won't make too many mistakes! I still can't believe I'm doing a 3-week trip to another continent where I don't speak the language...by myself!

I admire you for that. I have decided to give my brother a few years and if by 2023 at the latest he still won't commit to the trip I will just go by myself or find somebody else to travel with.

6/20 - NYE Trip Update

I'll get to updating on my Asian trip planning soon (which I need to get more settled).

But my ADR window starts tomorrow for my NYE trip, so it's time to figure those out! I still feel lost for this trip so far! I just have no idea about crowds - I'm going on the basis it will be crazy - and weather - trying to plan for both - and just everything!

So, here is who could end up doing some meals with me!

Dina - My friend who made appearances in the SWGE visit. We're rooming together, though she will only be there until Jan 1st - I'm staying until Jan 5 (or 6th? need to double check that!)
Willis - Another friend who decided to tag along. He's not 100% yet, but we're working on convincing him!
Zach - he lives in Florida now, so might as well come along to some things!
Su-Lynn & Steve - The Chunky Couple is currently booked for almost the same days as me. Don't know yet if they will do all the days though, but I think I tempted Su-Lynn enough with the meal plans!
Jackie & her family - They won't do too much because her DS is still pretty young and I imagine wouldn't be totally comfortable with a bunch of adult strangers!
Ariane & her family - We will plan some things together but it's TBD if we end up doing them or not, based on their flights.

Phew - so long for my quiet, solo trip! Not everyone will be doing everything though.

Current thoughts:

Dec 28 - Dina and I arrive. Dinner at Topolino's Terrace (Riveria Resort). Maybe we can try to get a sunset time? But I need to check flight arrival time to see if that will work, otherwise we'll have a later dinner. Participants:

Not sure yet what park, if any, we will end up visiting? It will probably depend on hours.

Dec 29 - Lunch at the Epcot Festival of the Holidays. Of course I won't get to try everything, but I'll pick my must-dos.

Go to Animal Kingdom in the afternoon/evening especially for the Holiday Decorations.

Dinner at Toledo Tapas (Coronado Springs).

Dec 30 - Brunch at Crystal Palace. Well, actually we'll have a breakfast time booked, but at the end of the time period so we can try both the breakfast and lunch foods.

Spend the day at Magic Kingdom

Dinner at California Grill in time for the 6:30 fireworks.

Magic Kingdom Dessert Party for the 11:50 fireworks.

Dec 31 - Epcot all day.

Lunch at Takumi-Tei (the new Japanese Steakhouse). We will see if they serve lunch, so if not, then an early dinner? Still trying to come up with backup for either lunch or dinner.

Spend the day at Epcot. I can't figure out any dessert parties or otherwise for the midnight fireworks, so we'll probably just have to wait it out.

Jan 1 - Dina leaves in the evening

Brunch at Trattoria al Forno. Figure it's close by (we're staying at the Boardwalk), so it will be convenient.

Maybe DHS in the afternoon?

Now after that, I'm a bit flummoxed. I think it will just be Su-Lynn & Steve around, so I'm sure we may meet occasionally, but I'll probably have some solo meals.

Places I'm thinking about:

Tutto Italia - Always has good reviews.
Mama Melrose - Need to try out some more DHS options
Tiffins - My favorite restaurant
Ale & Compass - The Lounge was good in May
Disney Springs Quick Service (D Luxe or Pizza Ponte) - Been trying to get to these for a while!
Il Mulino - It looks good!
Disney Springs Table Service (TBD) - Maybe Maria & Enzos, though I feel I have a lot of Italian on this list already
Trail's End Brunch - It looks good
Tambu Lounge - Ohana bread pudding, enough said!
Geyser Point - Want to see the WL decorations
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party - I had fun last year

I will have 1 day at Universal, so I'm thinking Toothsome for lunch and Vivo for dinner (after the park closes).

So, yeah, some plans, but also a lot of unknown! I guess I have a couple days to decide before I can even make plans. And I'm sure many of them will change anyways!

That is quite the itinerary! I thought mine was packed, but I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who tries to maximize all available time slots. We love D-luxe Burger at DS, my boys think it's the best burgers on property. We also love Morimoto Asia, usually go at lunch, we'll be trying Terralina this time as well. That list looks great! We love Vivo in Citywalk, looking forward to trying the new offering (Bigfire?) if we can get a res. in Dec.

Dina - My friend who made appearances in the SWGE visit. We're rooming together, though she will only be there until Jan 1st - I'm staying until Jan 5 (or 6th? need to double check that!)
Willis - Another friend who decided to tag along. He's not 100% yet, but we're working on convincing him!
Zach - he lives in Florida now, so might as well come along to some things!
Su-Lynn & Steve - The Chunky Couple is currently booked for almost the same days as me. Don't know yet if they will do all the days though, but I think I tempted Su-Lynn enough with the meal plans!
Jackie & her family - They won't do too much because her DS is still pretty young and I imagine wouldn't be totally comfortable with a bunch of adult strangers!
Ariane & her family - We will plan some things together but it's TBD if we end up doing them or not, based on their flights.

It's awesome that you have so many Dismeets planned!! I guess that's the perk of going during a really popular time :)

Your dining options sound great, too. It's making me hungry! I'll be interested to see how the new restaurants are (like Topolino Terrace & the new Japan restaurant)

Your plans sound awesome! I would just double check that you can view the fireworks from Cali Grill on 12/30. One of the vloggers DH and I watch (L&RDreaming) tried to do that for their reservation at Cali Grill I believe on 12/30 and were told they couldn't view them from the decks. Just maybe double check!! Unless you're good from watching them in the restaurant!

Your plans sound awesome! I would just double check that you can view the fireworks from Cali Grill on 12/30. One of the vloggers DH and I watch (L&RDreaming) tried to do that for their reservation at Cali Grill I believe on 12/30 and were told they couldn't view them from the decks. Just maybe double check!! Unless you're good from watching them in the restaurant!
I watch them too. I'll have to check on that one!

I watch them too. I'll have to check on that one!

We really enjoy their vlogs, they are a calming presence! haha

I think it was in this vlog -
Seems like a dumb rule to have but I imagine it can get pretty crazy for the NYE fireworks on those decks!

We were able to watch fireworks from the 9th floor end-of-hallway deck on 12/31 last year for the 6:30 showing before our 6:40 reservation at The Wave, and it wasn't crowded. Neither was what I call the "main" deck off the primary floor with Chef Mickey et al. So if you can't view from the deck outside of California Grill on 12/30 this year, there are other options (unless you're dining at the actual time of fireworks). By the way, we preferred the 9th floor, b/c the "main deck" area view is obstructed by the monorail line depending on where you stand.

After doing it twice, NYE isn't that bad - staying at the Boardwalk will be a huge help in sticking it out at Epcot, or even taking a break and coming back in. In my experience being in Epcot two NYE in a row (two years ago for the night, and last year walking through it from International Gateway on the way up front to the monorail), it begins to get really crowded around 3:30 - 4pm. Before that it's manageable, and only becomes truly unreasonable around 5:30ish.

You'll have fun!

Lunch at Takumi-Tei (the new Japanese Steakhouse). We will see if they serve lunch, so if not, then an early dinner? Still trying to come up with backup for either lunch or dinner
I think I saw that you had to be dressed nicely for this. Which will probably take this out of the running for us. We will see when they release more info.

I want to try the Space restaurant!

Hope you got everything you wanted! We just did our Dining for our trip today!
We leave the day after you arrive- 29th- otherwise it'd be fun to say hello!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter