A YOU Worth Fighting For | January 2016 Weight Loss & Better Living Challenge

QOTD for Friday, January 29, 2016

View attachment 148083

It's here guys. It's finally. Here. It's the final weigh-in weekend of our January 2016 challenge! Can you believe it!?

Post your progress here this weekend and I will get the final list made on Monday!!

QOTD - what is one thing that really worked for you and helped you lose weight this month (even if you didn't hit your goal)? What is one thing that didn't?

I stuck to my walking plan to walk every other day for a minimum of 3k. I past my goal for my km for the month and will post my final number for this month after Sundays walk.

@bigsis1970 -- I hope it comes to fruition for you. That sounds like an amazing opportunity -- and the place looks beautiful from the outside. It's a good reason to miss the trip for sure! ;)

View attachment 148083

It's here guys. It's finally. Here. It's the final weigh-in weekend of our January 2016 challenge! Can you believe it!?

Post your progress here this weekend and I will get the final list made on Monday!!

QOTD - what is one thing that really worked for you and helped you lose weight this month (even if you didn't hit your goal)? What is one thing that didn't?

I would say what worked was I made a conscious effort to snack smarter. But what went against me were some poor night time choices. I am always confusing fatigue for hunger and I had way too many late night snacks.

I will weigh in Sunday. My plans for the weekend changed, and it looks like I can get my long run in then, so I will weigh in then for consistency.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hey guys.
Just checking in quickly before bed. It's been a bit of an off day for me - not sure why, I've just been feeling a bit out of it, so I didn't really feel up to coming on to chat. I ran this morning and ate okay (but not great) today, but I still think the number tomorrow will not be pretty because I got a special visitor this afternoon.
Oh well, it is what it is. Tomorrow is Friday, and hopefully that will be the start of an awesome weekend!

Hope today is going better and your weekend lifts your spirits!

I'm sorry you had an off day @SarahDisney I hope tomorrow is better. I know it'll be better!

I just got back in from an awesome run where I pushed myself and learned that I need to make some changes to my run/walk interval and get even faster. I was pretty amazed at my numbers.

Great job! Its great seeing progress isn't it? I am a little slower these days due to recovering from an injury, but in the fall when I was training for Avengers half & 10k plus working on speed for my GSC POT race I was so happy at every little second of progress toward my goal. It was super motivating. Keep up the good work!

I think what's really working for me is my workout schedule. I've been running lots and I've recently started adding in some weights.

What isn't working for me is weekend binges. Only because I end up losing all my weeklies in 2 days and then I'm so hungry all week long and really wishing I had more points.

Great job with the exercise, and I hear you about the weekends. Weekends are tough for me with everyone home. I always blame my husband for my overeating on weekends, but he does not make me eat anything - I feed myself;)

Last edited:
Great job with the exercise, and I hear you about the weekends. Weekends are tough for me with everyone home. I always blame my husband for my overeating on weekends, but he does make me eat anything I feed myself;)

Agreed completely. In my mind, the weekends are the time to let loose. But I have to learn to not go crazy. Last weekend was a girls night with my SIL. We ate chinese food and oreos...not my best choice lol

View attachment 148083

Really making an effort to use the new SmartPoints system (I will admit I didn't fully embrace it until this month, despite being told by the powers that be at WW that I needed to start using it back in November!) and making a real EFFORT to be an example for a loved one as they started the new SP system as well! What great things I can do FOR MYSELF when I try to be a good example to others! Stayed fully ON TRACK and ON PLAN most weekends, so I didn't feel like I was spending my weeks just trying to make up for poor weekend choices!

Didn't work.... exercise. ZERO motivation.

FINAL WEIGH IN:
LOSS: 1 Pound. Back down to 149.
Percentage toward goal: 100%

I shifted course mid-stream so I'm basically back to where I was in the beginning of the month.

Side note: I'm going to work on starting the February Weight-Loss Challenge Thread today!

WOOHOO on achieving 100%....... that's great because sometimes MAINTENANCE can be harder than weight loss!

@courtneybeth WELLLLLLL my plan was 12/17 Till Jan 1, as you see my ticker says it's my Dad's first trip back since he took me as a 1 yr old in 1971 at likely at the Pop for the first part and that as far as I've gotten because the Hubs and I are trying to purchase a new Mobile Home in our park and if that goes thru we'll have both a Mortgage (which we don't currently have) and lot rent to pay so that will put the trip on hold (hopefully only a year).. My Parents are hoping we get the house as are we.. I just turned in the $$ for the credit reports to be pulled and actual application today to the credit union .. Here's hoping.. Truthfully if I had to forgo a trip to Disney for a few years to get this beautiful brand new 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath double wide I would in one second! (our current home is a 2 bedroom 1 bath single wide made in 1972!)
new house
View attachment 148111

current house
View attachment 148112

Ok so I am going to use my Wed Dr WI which was down another 1.3 making me at 5.2 lost this month for a total of 130% .. Going back to WW and journaling is the key for me.. also giving myself a daily water goal I think was helpful as well..

Hope everyone has a great weekend and WI .. See you all Monday!! Michelle

Hey friend! BEST of luck getting that new home! I know you've wanted something like this for a long time! Fingers crossed for you.... and Disney will still be there when you are ready to go!

Hi all! So my "quick trip" to the market for produce and dairy turned out to be 3 hours (it takes about 35 minutes each way anyhow) and ....... $316! YIKES! Honestly, it didn't feel like I bought much either.... but I did buy about $60 in meat and $30 in dairy and lots and LOTS of produce.... peppers, onions, carrots, apples, clementines, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, lemons, baby spinach, celery, broccoli........plus some pantry staples we've been out of like dried beans, lentils, popcorn, nuts, low carb tortillas, and PAM. Also bought some groceries to bring to DD.
Hoping that this lasts two weeks, at least. Some of the peppers and onions were from the marked down produce rack, so those will get diced up and roasted today and then tossed into the freezer for another day..... should be great on a pizza or in a wrap with some goat cheese!

Off to get those things into the oven! BBL to chat......................P

Trivia was fun!! It was definitely not what we were expecting - the guy hosting it was not into it at all and it was obvious from the beginning that he wished he could be anywhere else on earth. Haha. Our team won!!! Woooooo! We won $25 to the bar we were at, for the 6 of us to split haha. It covered the food DH and I shared, though, so that was awesome. Our team name? The dinglehoppers. Our tag line? We're forking amazing. LOL. DH came up with it - I'm so proud of the Disney-obsesser he's become since we got married HAHA. There was another team there named "It's MGM, not Hollywood Studios" and if I had known who was on that team I would've hugged them.

Most of the questions were "tell me what movie this character is from" or "name this song", so that was a let down. I expected it to be kind of basic, though, since it was a general public trivia. There was a lot of argument (from others there, not me!) because the first question was about The Little Mermaid, and that movie was in 1989, not the 90's... I think that really contributed to the host's bad mood, haha.

Here's a good one they asked, though! In the 90's, 7 sitcoms had special episodes where they went to Disney World. Can you name at least 5 of them - without Googling??

Here's a good one they asked, though! In the 90's, 7 sitcoms had special episodes where they went to Disney World. Can you name at least 5 of them - without Googling??

Family Matters
Full House
Boy Meets World
Step by Step

.... i cannot even remember what the other three were. But I know every TGIF show had to go to Disney World.

Trivia was fun!! It was definitely not what we were expecting - the guy hosting it was not into it at all and it was obvious from the beginning that he wished he could be anywhere else on earth. Haha. Our team won!!! Woooooo! We won $25 to the bar we were at, for the 6 of us to split haha. It covered the food DH and I shared, though, so that was awesome. Our team name? The dinglehoppers. Our tag line? We're forking amazing. LOL. DH came up with it - I'm so proud of the Disney-obsesser he's become since we got married HAHA. There was another team there named "It's MGM, not Hollywood Studios" and if I had known who was on that team I would've hugged them.

Most of the questions were "tell me what movie this character is from" or "name this song", so that was a let down. I expected it to be kind of basic, though, since it was a general public trivia. There was a lot of argument (from others there, not me!) because the first question was about The Little Mermaid, and that movie was in 1989, not the 90's... I think that really contributed to the host's bad mood, haha.

Okay.... here is my attempt and I swear no googling or looking to see if anyone else replied....

Full House

Boy Meet World

.... that Erkel show... dang... what the heck is the name??? Well, anyhow... that show with the Erkel character.... FAMILY MATTERS

Sabrina the Teenage Witch

Step by Step (I almost said that show with the thighmaster lady... clearly my memory is failing me!)

Okay...... I give up. That's 5 and other than the first one they are all total guesses!...........P

My plans to get the new thread up tonight were thwarted - so it'll probably be tomorrow. At least it's a 31 day month.

Hubs decided we're going to Disneyland tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Looks like a chicken caesar salad and a cake pop for me :)

My plans to get the new thread up tonight were thwarted - so it'll probably be tomorrow. At least it's a 31 day month.

Hubs decided we're going to Disneyland tonight instead of tomorrow morning. Looks like a chicken caesar salad and a cake pop for me :)

Haha I wish I had your problem! ;-)

The 7 shows are -

Step by Step
Family Matters
Boy Meets World
Sabrina the Teenage Witch
Roseanne (after they won the lottery!)
Full House
And BLOSSOM of all things. I didn't know that one!! I got all of the other 6, though haha. I have those episodes on a VHS somewhere....... Don't judge!

Oh no, your husband MAKING you go to Disneyland tonight, divorce him immediately! :p

Okay qotd

What worked? Consistency. I never quit when it got hard. I without a doubt took two extra days off on easy runs but I did all my long ones.

What didn't work? Food. Apparently my nasty relationship with food still needs a lot of work. Now that I'm in the habit of running and need it to feel normal and relaxed I can work on the food part. I had a big cheat day today (shrimp scampi for lunch, pastrami sub for dinner and a few chicken wings) so hopefully that doesn't ruin me for my weigh in sunday.

Good morning! I was completely unable to keep up with this thread! I work two jobs and they both got crazy busy. However, you were always in the back of my mind, knowing I had to check in.

Today will be my final weigh in for January and I am down 13.6lbs!! i think that's 195% of my goal of 7. I think, I'm a social worker, not a scientist!

Thanks for the motivation! Bring on February!

Bengal Spice is a favorite of my DH but I haven't been able to find it lately so I was thinking that maybe they didn't make it any more. I guess I'll have to look harder!

Sometimes my Target has Bengal Spice but I order it from Amazon Subcribe and Save program.

Woohoo #2..... my new position at WW as a 24/7 Expert Chat coach! I'm already really happy about the training I've done.... in fact, I'm going to write to one of our "big wigs" about having ALL leaders do one part of the training.... I found it SO inspiring and helpful!

Fantastic! You're a great coach here, too!

REPORT : Stayed the same weight for 3 weeks in a row!i lost 2 pounds first week of January and have been treading water since then. Still at 50% of goal.

Thanks, JacknSally, for hosting this month.

Happy Saturday, friends!! LOVING the numbers I've seen posted so far! I'm betting there will be LOTS OF GREEN on our final chart!!

QOTW for January 30 & 31, 2016

image.jpeg

While not Mulan themed specifically, Mulan does meet in the China pavilion, so it counts! The restaurant inside the China pavilion at Disney is Nine Dragons. Have you ever eaten here?

What is your favorite place to eat - counter service or sit down - at any of the Disney parks?

Final weigh-in and no loss. I maintained this week. I was disappointed at first but I've had a great loss this month and am finishing at 167% to goal. So I really can't be too upset! Especially considering that the night before the weigh-in I made some...poor food choices. And my NSV this week is that I resisted the candy on my coworkers desk alllll week. And it was so tempting.

QOTD - my new favorite is Beaches and Cream! We ate there on our December trip and holy yum! The food was yummy and the ice cream...I dream about that ice cream LOL.

QOTW - I have never eaten in the Table Service restaurant at Epcot but have eaten at the quick service (sorry, bad with names!) and did not really prefer the outdoor seating in the middle of July but portions were HUGE and the orange chicken was fabulous!

Some of my favorite restaurants in WDW include: Be Our Guest (For the atmosphere, not so much the food), Ohana, Le Cellier, Mama Melrose (used to work there!) and Columbia Harbor House!

Believe, me all of these will be visited on my Dec trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter