Will this trip get me to become a DVC member?!? August '19 WDW PTR. Updated 06/16

Spencer Wright

Constantly craving a zebra dome...
TABLE OF CONTENTS

I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 1)
I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 2)

I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 3)

Many Decisions to Make
Whoops! We are unable to put this page together….

Hello! My name is Spencer Wright, and this is my second trip report [As a quick note, I did have prior Trip and Pre-Trip reports (including for this trip) which weren’t very good so let’s disregard them!!]

I am 29 years old and live in Delaware County, PA and work in Center City Philadelphia. My main interests out of work are Old Hollywood, cats, and increasingly exercise. I have been a fan of the Dis for about two years now and started contributing articles in July of 2018. Disney and WDW trips were a huge part of my childhood, as well as the movies and trips to the Disney store. The Wonderful World of Disney on Sunday nights on ABC were an absolute highlight of our week as a family.

In my early and mid-20’s I totally fell away from the World of Disney, but about 2-3 years ago we went back to WDW, and I joined the Disney Movie Club, which helped spawn an addiction to Disney!! My sister loves watching YouTube, and I am a huge Podcast person, and she found the Dis and knew I would love it. She was absolutely right.

In terms of the World of Disney, it has been a great time seeing what holds up from my childhood versus adulthood. Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, and Peter Pan are my absolute favorites of Classic animation as an adult. I love the live-action films of the 50’s and 60’s. I have worked to be more open-minded about the newer Pixar films, and love Inside Out and Coco!!

Anyway, on to the trip and WDW!! This will be the fourth August in a row with my mother, sister, and I. We go for about 8 full days; and have consistently had an amazing time. Therefore, for this year, it was not really an issue in terms of whether we were even going to go or not.

We basically didn’t even have to ask, it was essentially assumed.

So, we have dates in August picked out (15th-25th). The cast includes myself, my mother, and my sister (25). We have an amazing time and are able to everything we want done. I like to go from pretty much as early as possible to park closing. My mother is a floor nurse, and instructor and therefore likes to relax and go at a slow pace; while my sister is in the middle.

We love Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL), and with minimal deliberation decided to stay there. AKL is absolute perfection in terms of the pool, theming, dining, and the rooms. The bus service is subpar, but that is the only con.

Today was the second of two planning lunches, which are a highlight of January through April here in PA. With my first cruise coming up in May and this trip, lots of time has been spent planning at the expense of other things (nothing serious).

So my current zest for the counterproductive has come from learning all about the Navigator of the Seas (RCL), as well as trying some new agendas and restaurants for our upcoming WDW trip. We have had an amazing last few trips. However, we tend to stick with the exact same routine.

Below, I will put our general agenda, and talk about some new places and strategies we are looking forward to trying!

50786142_2517775814960834_5037816387020521472_n.jpg

39580493_2199710756767343_4011153649467129856_n.jpg

Last edited:

I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 1)

We have amazing trips but follow a very clear routine of the same Attractions and restaurants. We go to a Park in the morning, QS lunch, pool break, TS dinner, and other Park in the evening. I am not complaining, but last trip we had dinner at Boma three times and spent almost every evening at Epcot. So, we are looking to create a much more flexible itinerary. The aim is both flexibility and being able to maybe do some things we haven’t done at Disney for years.

August 14th:

We are flying this day via Southwest airlines direct from Philadelphia to Orlando. My sister and I are flying, and my mother is taking Amtrak. We were going to arrive on the 15th, however saved $182 each by flying in one day early and staying at the All-Star Sports!

I have never been to the All-Stars and have not stayed at a Value, so I am excited to give it a try. On these boards, I have mostly seen positive things about the All-Stars, with the exception of Guest behavior. So, if I enjoy it, I see no reason not to stay there in the future.

After the Magical Express and things, we should arrive at about 7pm, and will probably hang around the pool and stuff and possibly go to Disney Springs.

August 15th:

It’s the day we arrive at AKL!! The thought of walking into that lobby is so sustaining throughout the year, and I am really looking forward to it. :simba:

We have to be out of the All-Stars at 11am, so hopefully we can get early check-in. We have park tickets for this day, so depending on weather and how schedules are working out, we may go to a wooder park. I have a strong liking for Blizzard, but my mother and sister love Typhoon Lagoon, so that’s where we’ll be going.

Then we have an evening ADR at Chef Art Smith’s, which we went to last year and LOVED. It is comfortable without being casual, and food you would think would be madness in the Florida heat are fine (I have a horrible stomach in the heat). Then we’ll enjoy some DS.

August 16th:

This is our first park day, and we are headed to MK. This trip will likely be MK heavy. Please do not get me wrong, we love MK, but in the past, it has been secondary to Epcot and AK. One trip I think we went to MK one time.

FP’s still have to be selected of course, but Splash Mountain, PPF, and Jungle Cruise are probably priority. With Mansion, Space Mountain, and POC as secondary. Luckily, we LOVE the ‘minor’ attractions such as the Swiss Family Treehouse and the People Mover. So we can have such a nice time regardless of FP and crowds. We will probably start in Frontierland with Splash Mountain, and work toward Adventureland and Liberty Square.

Dinner is then at Boma! (We have to go at least once).

At night, we will probably go to AK. As much as it is my favorite Park, we have never seen it at night. This includes Pandora of course, so it is a sight I would like to see. I am also looking forward to Rivers of Light, which looks beautiful.

August 17th:

Today is Epcot, and due to a later Signature Dining opportunity, will also be having two QS meals. Soarn’ is the top priority FP, with FEA as another top choice. The other thing is that here, I can’t remember ever eating QS in this Park, as we normally come at night.

Can anyone kindly make any recommendations for QS either in the Park, or around Crescent Lake. Specifically, how is the QS in France and at the Yacht and Beach club?

Evening is currently undetermined, but possibly Hollywood Studios at night. MGM/Hollywood Studios was my absolute favorite Park as a teenager, and probably one of the best places I will ever visit. I loved Old Hollywood starting about age 12, watching TCM, so seeing this Park was a delight which I can hardly articulate. From the Great Movie Ride, to the Backlot Tour, and Sunset Boulevard, the Studios of yesteryear will always be my favorite Park.

With fast cars, explosions, and Judy Garland what was not to love for an American teenage boy? :ccat:

Last year, with TSL, it did seem like it was coming back to life, which I was thrilled to see, but it still has a way to go. I have not been at night for a long time, so would love to see it at night.

Coming up, I will provide more of our agenda.

In the meantime, QS recommendations in Epcot and around Crescent Lake would be appreciated. To be more specific, Germany is out (my sister hates the smell), China is out (my mother doesn’t like Chinese food), but we are interested in France and Italy.

56728340_10218486599419347_2228295592272986112_n.jpg

44969649_10217299870671870_4359109660448391168_n.jpg

Joining in!

I've also found our plans end up very similar from trip to trip and have made it a point to try to include new things to our upcoming trips!

We haven't had QS in Italy or France but I've enjoyed the QS in Mexico a lot, Morocco surprised me with how much I liked it and the fish and chips from QS in the UK.

You guys are headed there around the same time we are. I hope you have a wonderful time.

As far as Epcot quick service, I really enjoyed the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. You can also get really good sandwiches. I also enjoyed the crepe place, but that's more for dessert. My wife loved the ice cream shop in France.

We haven't done quick service in Italy, but, if you like Mexican food, it's really great there, too.

Joining in on the fun!!! Great start, can't wait to read more.

Joining in!

I've also found our plans end up very similar from trip to trip and have made it a point to try to include new things to our upcoming trips!

We haven't had QS in Italy or France but I've enjoyed the QS in Mexico a lot, Morocco surprised me with how much I liked it and the fish and chips from QS in the UK.

You guys are headed there around the same time we are. I hope you have a wonderful time.

As far as Epcot quick service, I really enjoyed the Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France. You can also get really good sandwiches. I also enjoyed the crepe place, but that's more for dessert. My wife loved the ice cream shop in France.

We haven't done quick service in Italy, but, if you like Mexican food, it's really great there, too.

Sounds like a fun trip so I am joining in on the fun.

Thank you for your interest everyone... I am posting the rest of the itinerary today!

I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 2)

August 18th:

This day is a Magic Kingdom day. There are the EMH at an extra cost, which is a total disgrace.

Throughout this report, I am going to avoid ranting about Park Hours. I will say once now, that there are an absolute unmitigated disgrace. Whoever signed off on these Hours should be relieved of their duties and relegated to the street corner dancing for pennies. This includes most every Park closing at 9:00pm every night, and what appears to be a significant decline in EMH complimentary to on-property Guests. They charge way too much money to have most Parks open 12 hours a day. I know sometimes they add hours/EMH as we get closer, so hopefully that will happen. I’ve said what I am going to say about that. :mic:

Anyway, our Fast Passes for MK will be focused on the mountains (especially Splash and Space), Jungle Cruise, and Haunted Mansion.

We MIGHT have changed which Park we go to, however we have a noon ADR at CRT!! We have never eaten here before, and is a restaurant have never really given in any thought. We also never do Signature Dining. Have any of yous eaten here before? We also normally do not engage in character dining.

Counter service will of course be for Dinner and will probably either end up at Disney Springs or a Park for a Night Show. We are thinking of possibly trying Fantasmic, as we have not seen it in years.

August 19th:

On this day we are headed to my favorite Park, Animal Kingdom!! Flight of Passage FP is of course priority, as well as Na’vi River Journey. Otherwise, we find queues are not especially long until later in the day due to Pandora and enjoy Kilimanjaro Safaris in particular. Along with the Walking Trails with the Tigers being one of my favorite things on Property.

Lunch will most likely be at Pizzafari or Flame Tree BBQ.

We have actually never eaten at Satu’li Canteen, even though we love Pandora. So, we will probably give that a try.

After Animal Kingdom, we will absolutely need a Pool Break, and then off to Cape May Café for dinner.

We have a very complicated relationship with Cape May Café. On our first trip we stayed at the Beach Club and have eaten their every trip, so it carries a lot of nostalgia for us.

However, I find the food good, and the service HORRIFIC. One time two years ago we were having some issue with our Magic Bands or something, and the gal waiting on us started border line screaming that we need to pay and that we need to pay. It caused quite a scene. That’s one of several examples.

But, it carries a lot of Nostalgia for us, and that area is stunningly beautiful. Also, my mother really wanted to go there and with these trips she asks for almost nothing. I’m sure it’ll fine.

Then Illuminations for the last time!! :(

August 20th:

Talk about being flexible, today we have very little of a plan during the day, which is unheard of for us.

We are thinking a water Park, or heading to the Wilderness Lodge/Ft. Wilderness area in the AM.

We went to the Ft. Wilderness area last year and really enjoyed it. It was overcast, scorching hot, and humid, so it wasn’t quite as magical as we might like, but can tell we would love it with better weather. Maybe we will fish or something.

What are some of the activities you enjoy in the Ft. Wilderness area?

Then, we are having an early dinner (even for us) at Mama Melrose’s at Hollywood Studios. This is a new place for us.

Normally, I avoid Italian food at Disney, because living in SE PA, I can get great Italian food with no problem. Most everyone I know, myself included, are either children or grandchildren of Italian immigrants. Not to mention restaurants available. But we want to try Studios in the evening some more. As well as Parks generally in the evening.

This is a MNSSHP night, which we to the past two years. But due to extreme crowding, will not be going back.

August 21st:

My mother is a DVC member (Polynesian), and there is some kind of tour in Epcot where you get a back-stage tour of Soar’n and then you enjoy the attraction. This would be very cool, and my first back stage tour of any kind.

Then Epcot with an emphasis on Future World.

Dinner is at Ohana, which is one of our favorite places to eat on Property. I understand that can be a controversial statement. But we love the food, they move you along well, and it permits us to ride the monorail in a productive context.

Then MK in the evening, with Fireworks!

I find watching the fireworks from the walkway over the Rivers of America is really relaxing as that part of the park empties.

My sister and I are big fans of hanging at the back of the park and slowly exiting.

The rest is coming shortly. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

20882257_1665818466823244_8150461203152132294_n.jpg

39917047_10216765893922785_1947702926398980096_n.jpg

I Wouldn’t Normally Do this Kind of Thing (Part 3)

August 22:

Animal Kingdom will feature prominently for the rest of the trip! We save it a little more till the end, so we have a better chance of getting as many FOP FP as we can. It’s never been an issue using this strategy.

So back to AK we head, with a 5pm ADR at Sebastian’s. Sebastian’s looks very cool and we are excited to give it a try. We ate at Olivia’s last year (my sisters suggestion) and loved it.

I saved a lot of Giftcards/cash back ect. so we used Minnie Van quite a bit last year for dinners where a connection might be required. Due to the price increase, we will use it a couple of times this trip, but probably not more than that.

I am a big fan of using Lyft while on property, but my mother, and to a lesser degree my sister are not comfortable with it. I get it, so we'll use Minnie Van and connect the other times (which I think might only be once or twice).

On June 5th, we can sign up for a DVC Moonlight Magic Event at AK, which would be very cool. It would be our first time going to such an event.

August 23rd:

This is another AK day, :simba:with of course the FOP FP being a priority.

How this day might play out is somewhat unclear. We have an ADR at Grand Floridian Café, which we went to last year and LOVED! But it is also a MNSSHP night. So maybe we’ll go to MK in the afternoon? Or head to Epcot after dinner.

We like the monorail but don’t use it very often, so it would be a good opportunity to enjoy it. We could also go back to the resort and relax in anticipation of a busy last day.

August 24th:

This is our last day!!! :wave2:

It is going to be a MK day with lunch at the Plaza, and then dinner at Boma.

For such a sad night, I am not sure what we are going to do. It varies. Sometimes we stay out as late as we can, or we might go back to the resort and pack. I’ll leave it open.

Is it totally crazy and ridiculous that I feel anxious and sad, and am getting sweaty palms just thinking about the last night? :faint::eek::scratchin

August 25th:

Departure day with a 7:40am flight! It sort of stinks as the Tragical Express will come at I guess 4:40am or similar. :charac2::hmghost:

I get so anxious and irritable on departure day so it’s a good thing. I actually really like MCO (a lot of people seem to really dislike it). But it will be calm, and if all goes well I should home like 10:30-11:00am. I live pretty close to the airport, so it will be nice to get home with a good chunk of the day ahead of me.

So that’s our itinerary!! I am of the opinion we gave a fair shake to all areas of property, while also having flexibility. It is very different from the routine to which we are accustomed, but not crazy.

Please feel free to give candid opinions as to this itinerary or let me know if you have any questions.

Next up is Fastpass Day!

My sister and I ate at CRT for the 1st time last year in August. We had breakfast and we enjoyed our food. Do I think the food is worth the price tag? No but you're really paying for the castle and we enjoyed it. I'm not dying to go back but if I was going with someone who wanted to go, I wouldn't be opposed to going.

We've eaten at Mama Melrose several times and always had good experiences.

I find Lyft to be a great option for traveling around property when I have no patience for the buses lol. Especially like you said when going from resort to resort and a transfer would be required. We've never actually used the Minnie vans though because they're just too much more expensive over a regular Lyft in my opinion.

My sister and I ate at CRT for the 1st time last year in August. We had breakfast and we enjoyed our food. Do I think the food is worth the price tag? No but you're really paying for the castle and we enjoyed it. I'm not dying to go back but if I was going with someone who wanted to go, I wouldn't be opposed to going.

I find Lyft to be a great option for traveling around property when I have no patience for the buses lol. Especially like you said when going from resort to resort and a transfer would be required. We've never actually used the Minnie vans though because they're just too much more expensive over a regular Lyft in my opinion.

I've heard mixed reviews of CRT, but leaning positive. It seems like its worth a try.

Each trip, my patience for the busses increasingly dissolves.

A little late to the party, but looks like you have some great experiences planned! and I wanted to let you know (since you asked for recommendations for QS at Epcot) that Sunshine Seasons in the land has the best QS....a big variety and of course, some food that was harvested in the building so to speak..so you can't get any fresher than that.....but if you do eat there, eat at off times as it can get crazy busy from 11:30 to 1:30 PM and then later around normal supper time. May I recommend the strawberry shortcake for dessert.....Have a great trip~

Hi, a really great plan for your trip. I will be there at the same time and it's my first August trip. I expect it will be hot and also plan for a mid-day break for a swim and rest at my resort. EMH morning at one park and then another park after a TS dinner. Hopefully with more EMH. I agree with Sunshine Seasons for an EPCOT QS.

Have fun!

A little late to the party, but looks like you have some great experiences planned! and I wanted to let you know (since you asked for recommendations for QS at Epcot) that Sunshine Seasons in the land has the best QS....a big variety and of course, some food that was harvested in the building so to speak..so you can't get any fresher than that.....but if you do eat there, eat at off times as it can get crazy busy from 11:30 to 1:30 PM and then later around normal supper time. May I recommend the strawberry shortcake for dessert.....Have a great trip~

Hi, a really great plan for your trip. I will be there at the same time and it's my first August trip. I expect it will be hot and also plan for a mid-day break for a swim and rest at my resort. EMH morning at one park and then another park after a TS dinner. Hopefully with more EMH. I agree with Sunshine Seasons for an EPCOT QS.

Have fun!

We will absolutely give Sunshine Seasons a try. I always wondered about that place! We always eat lunch about 11am and dinner about 5pm, in part to avoid the crowds.

My mother LOVES strawberry shortcake so she would love that.

August is a really great time to go. It is hot and humid, but not brutal like June/July. It can get brutal, but is overall manageable. Crowds can be high of course, but Disney manages them well.

Many Decisions to Make

Nothing too much has changed since my last update, but FP day is quickly approaching.

We have a general idea of what we want as indicated above.

One thing which is new that I am considering, is book an After-Hours event. I normally hate these hard ticket events as I think they take away the opportunity to enjoy the Parks from other Guests, but I can’t resist wanting to give the After-Hours event a try. I know it’s totally hypocritical, but it sounds like such a great opportunity. As I will elaborate on below, my ‘thing’ with Disney Parks are Attractions, so this provides an irresistible opportunity.

New dates were announced applicable to this trip today, and there is on for AK and MK. The night of the MK event, there is an after-hours thing for DVC members we will probably go to at AK. So, I am wondering if the AK After-Hours is really worth the expense?

For those who have gone, is the AK After-Hours worth it? Does everyone just flock to Pandora? Thoughts would be appreciated.

The other, much more profound choice to make, is whether to become a DVC member. I have considered it in the past, and my mother is a DVC member (Polynesian, Deluxe Resort). I would be interested in buying direct from Disney only, to ensure I receive the full perks. The substantial sum of money is mainly what has been keeping me from joining. It’s a luxury purchase, but if I spend the money anyway (which I do), why not get some perks out of it.
Part of what has been keeping me back is a general concern in terms of the direction Walt Disney World and Disney Parks are going in. I love Walt Disney World and since I first went as a teenager. I think most people have a certain ‘thing’ they really love, whether it’s trying various resorts, dining, or merchandise. I love the Attractions, and will do as many types as I can, as many times as I can. Learning about their history during the year and listening to the music gives me a lot of enjoyment. As this is something you really can’t get anywhere else.

But the cost is skyrocketing, and the inter-resort transit and service is acceptable, but nothing special. My sister and I just went our first cruise in May (RCL, Navigator of the Seas). Of course, it was a first four-night cruise, but we were blown away by the ease of booking, price, service, cleanliness, and how smooth everything ran. From a process and service perspective, WDW is becoming shabby in comparison. Don’t get me wrong, I still think WDW is great, but everything can be such a project or process; it can get on my nerves a bit.

So, in terms of how I vacation, I might transition more toward a couple of long weekends in WDW and a cruise a year. Basically, a longer yearly trip to WDW may not continue after this year, depending on how things go. Or, if I like All-Stars, maybe I’ll go that route and save money on lodgings?

That’s not to say I do not love WDW and am not blown away by it, but vacationing there as I have in the past may change. So, DVC perks and points may not be needed. It’s complicated of course, so I am going to see how this trip goes and decide how I want to proceed.

I fully expect to have an amazing time, but maybe I’ll decide to lean more toward RCL for a bit and take a slight turn away from Disney.

We will see. Sorry for a bit of an incoherent ramble!! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Next up is Fast Pass day!

I did the AK after hours for my birthday in February. I enjoyed it but that said, I’m not in a huge rush to do it again. AK is one of my favorite parks, with some of my favorite attractions. I enjoyed being able to ride Everest over and over with no wait and get in 5 rides on Flight of Passage. The thing is, everything is spread out and there are so few attractions. I also feel like AK loses some appeal without the animals and all the “animal attractions” are closed for the after hours. If you can attend a DVC event free at AK, I would probably not choose to do the after hours.

I struggle with the decision to buy DVC also. My issue is the number of points I would need for how often we like to go doesn’t make financial sense and we have a lot of plans to travel elsewhere in the next few years so I’m not sure it financially works out for us.

Whoops! We are unable to put this page together….

Fast Pass Day (today) was %100.00 successful, and we now have a final plan in place. Due to Olaf it was off to a rough start, but we could not be happier with the results. I would like to thank my mother for actually booking the FP and keeping calm and collected while doing it.

Our itinerary (to include ADR’s and FP’s only) has been completed as indicated below.

If your available to bear with me and take a look at my itinerary, I have a few things for which feedback would be appreciated.

Thursday:

We arrive the day before staying at the All-Star Sports and are hoping for an early check-in at AKL so we can head over to AK.

If all goes well, we have FP for: Na’vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safari’s, and Dinosaur

We then have dinner at Chef Art Smith’s Homecomin’. We had our first dinner here last year and absolutely loved it.

Friday:

Today is MK day, with FP for: Splash Mountain, Peter Pan’s Flight, and Space Mountain

Dinner is at Boma (a favorite)

Saturday:

On this day we are going to Epcot, and due to a later Signature Dining experience, will be eating QS twice. Our dining experience at Epcot is extremely limited as we usually go in the evening, so we are excited to try some new places.

We have FP for Soarn’, Living Seas, and Spaceship Earth.

Sunday:

We are back at MK with FP for Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, and POTC.

For lunch, we are eating at CRT. I am not sure I have ever eaten signature, and this is a not a restaurant we have ever given much thought, so we are excited to give it a try.

Monday:

Our trek continues at AK with FP for Na’vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Dinosaur

Dinner is at Cape May Café

Tuesday:

Tuesday is Hollywood Studios, with FP for: Rockn Roller Coaster, Star Tours and Slinky Dog Dash

Dinner is at Mama Melrose’s or Sebastian’s. (We normally abhor the practice of ‘double reservations’), but we’ll dump one of them in the near future.

Wednesday:

Back at Epcot with FP for: Soarn and Nemo

Dinner is at Ohana

Thursday:

Finally, a FP for Flight of Passage!! We also have Expedition Everest and Kilimanjaro Safari

Lunch is at Rainforest Café

That evening, we have a Moonlight Magic at Animal Kingdom, and it is our first such event!

Friday:

This is going to sound familiar…. FP at Animal Kingdom for FOP, Kilimanjaro Safari, and Rivers of Light

Dinner is at Grand Floridian Café, which is a family favorite. Admittedly, the Rivers of Light FP is probably a waste, but it’s the only ‘flawed FP’ we have.

Saturday (last day);

MK with SDMT, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain. :hmghost:

We are eating at the Plaza and Boma (I think we might be one TS credit over, I will need to review)

If you’ve gotten this far, it is certainly appreciated. We have an excellent mix of ADR’s and FP’s (that’s my own opinion).

Typically, we go to one park in the morning, eat QS lunch, have a pool break (maybe 3-4 hour range), TS dinner, and then different park in the evening.

I am considering this year, having either few and/or extremely brief pool breaks. I want to enjoy the Parks and Attractions as much as possible, and while I certainly don’t mind the pool breaks, I feel that to a certain degree the length at which we have them is not necessary. So basically, I am considering either staying in the park later, or going back sooner. My mother and sister love their pool breaks and are in all likelihood sticking with them.

What do some of you think about the afternoon pool break?

I don’t mean to be crude, but I am concerned if I don’t have some kind of dip in the pool or other washing, I’ll be at risk for unpleasant odors and other ill effects of the heat. o_O

Another question is, what queues are great to wait in for longer periods of time? I am one of those people who basically keep walking if the wait time is more than 20-30 minutes (and 30 is a stretch.) There are exceptions of course, but generally my sister and I find there are always other wonderful things we can do when waits get long (i.e. Figment, People Mover, Carousel of Progress). So if I decide to spend more time in a Park in the afternoon, I might lean to waiting 45-90 minutes for certain Attractions.

In particular I had FOP in mind. Pandora is my favorite land in WDW, and I have heard the queue is worth the 60-minute wait (at least). Last year I was going to do that, but then the time jumped to 90 minutes and a really nasty storm looked like it was coming (which in fact happened) so I left.

To get to the point, what queues do you believe are worth a 60-90 minute wait? I really want to check out details of certain queues. In particular, I am curious about FOP, Space Mountain, and Under the Seas with Ariel.

I am going to look into the above for and come up with a more fleshed out itinerary. I am also budgeting to see how many Minnie Vans can be used, in order to expedite travel to evening ADR’s.

Thoughts, questions, and concerns are greatly appreciated.

Have you considered using just regular Lyft/Uber instead of Minnie Vans? We use lyft constantly on property and it's significiantly cheaper than the Minnie vans.

We just ate at Sebastian's the other day and it was delicious! Definitely recommend it.

So we are generally rope drop to park close people but we went last year in August and just got back from our June trip and in the summer, I strongly recommend an afternoon break. Even if it's very short and all you do is lay down for a few minutes and shower, I feel it's worth it and I never thought I would say that. We were so sweaty and miserable during our park open-close days.

I can't help you with the queues question because I still wouldn't consider waiting that long for any attraction. I would say I guess any with indoor queues are better since you'll be in AC but I prefer the approach of doing longer, indoor shows during the middle of the day and refreshing for FPs for the big rides.

Have you considered using just regular Lyft/Uber instead of Minnie Vans? We use lyft constantly on property and it's significiantly cheaper than the Minnie vans.

So we are generally rope drop to park close people but we went last year in August and just got back from our June trip and in the summer, I strongly recommend an afternoon break. Even if it's very short and all you do is lay down for a few minutes and shower, I feel it's worth it and I never thought I would say that. We were so sweaty and miserable during our park open-close days.

On my own, I will use Lyft and have no issue with it. My mother and sister (who have always been drivers seldom using public transit) are extremely wary of it. Stranger danger and all that, which I understand.

So I'll use Lyft maybe to get back to the parks real quick. Its a shame because you can get around very cheaply using Lyft on property, as your aware.

I think there only a few times we would need to "connect" to get to dinner, so hopefully a few rides will do the trick.

I think I agree with you that even a quick shower and ten minute break is worth it. That's the direction I'm leaning toward. At least to change clothes :laundy:

As I learn more about queues, and which ones are good to wait in, I'll post more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter