• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"AAA" Rates

lasmickey

Let's Goooooooo Mountaineers!
Does anyone know if you have to have a valid "AAA" membership at the time you book a room only reservation at a WDW resort, or if it's like the AP discount, where you only have to prove eligibility at check in? I'd like to go ahead and make a "AAA" reservation for September 2004, but really hadn't planned on signing up for "AAA" until December or January. Any help is appreciated greatly! TIA!

CRO will ask for your AAA membership number to book the room with the discount.

When you call, you need to give your AAA membership number . . . so you need to have your membership already active to book. Hope this helps. :D

Thanks for the quick responses! Looks like I'll be becoming a member of "AAA" early next week!

One more question ~ are "AAA" memberships 1 or 2 year memberships? Or can you get both? (Sorry! I know that was 2 questions!)

The last time I received a new card the card was good for five years as long as you send in your renewal fee each year. However you are not "locked in" to a five year contract. So basically it is year to year, but you only receive a new card every five years. Hope this is not too confusing! :)

We get a new card in the mail every year. We have automatic renewel through payroll deduction at work with a discount on the yearly membership fee. CRO did ask for my number when I booked. The CM said I had to show a valid AAA card upon check-in.

I booked a room for Feb. next year using CAA. They didn't ask for my # but told me to make sure I had my card with me when I checked in. I had the card ready but didn't need it. Here it is the same thing, we have the card for 5 years but you pay each year.
tigercat

I booked CBR using AAA discount last week and had to give my membership number to CRO and was told to have my card with me upon check in to receive the discount. This only makes sense because take our membership, for example; it is current now, but expires prior to our trip in April. So I will have to renew to have a valid membership card when we go. We will receive validation stickers to place on our cards for the next membership year when we renew. Hope this helps. :D

I just made ressies for PC, and was asked for my membership #, and reminded to have my card with me at check in!

I wonder why they didn't ask me for my #? I was ready to give it?
tigercat

I made a reservation getting the AAA discount without giving my number. I had just sent in to get a AAA membership, so I didn't have my card yet. I explained that I hadn't gotten my card yet, and asked if I need to callback. The CM said that it was fine and to just make sure to have the card at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter