AAaarrrrrggggggg!!!

LifeWithLouie

Mouseketeer
Can I just say that the Disney reservations (fastpass and dining) website is the
S L O W E S T site on the planet?

Can't tell you how many opportunities I gave missed because it's so incredibly slow!

Are you sure it's not your internet connection?

I've never had an issue making fast passes or booking reservations. Once in awhile Stitch will eat the page but it pops up quickly when that happens as well

And if you're having issues with the site, go on your phone and use the app or the browser through there.

Can I just say that the Disney reservations (fastpass and dining) website is the
S L O W E S T site on the planet?

Can't tell you how many opportunities I gave missed because it's so incredibly slow!

It is likely not you. It is a terrible website. I have 3 providers for access (2 cellular + cable) and multiple devices and browsers from which to access the site. It is a bear (really more like the cold honey) more often than not.

Try your phone. My laptop is always so slow on MDE, but someone here mentioned the do ADRs on her/his phone and it was faster. I tried it and worked for me - don't have to wait for each of those 3 screens to sloooowwwllllyy load (or Paws) like on the laptop. HTH.

I have the app on my phone and it was super fast. On my computer it was slow and always had "someone ate the page" but with the app, it was quick and worked so smoothly.

I did my FP this morning at 6 am Central from a Mac and had no issues with the site.

I’ve been having lot of problems with the MDE app. It works if I open MDE in Safari on my phone, but the app is acting very glitchy for me. Mostly my problems are with dining reservations, but I had the same problem about 3-4 days ago trying to revise our FP selections for next week.

It's been slow for me when I use Chrome but once I switch browers it's faster. Plus in the middle of the afternoon their site seems to be slower too.

Maybe it’s becauae you’ve got your browser set to Pirate Mode. Aaaaarrrrgggggg!
;)

giphy.gif

Yup...Slow here. I've got a Wish Trip kiddo that we're trying to snag a CRT reservation. Noticed that there was one available for a lunch slot but by the time it spinning wheeled of death several times and then behaved I'd lost it.

Vary rarely have trouble with any of Disney sites (DVC, MDE, WDW). There have been occasions where it is overwhelmed or experiencing difficulties, but most of the time it works great and is pretty easy to navigate.

I use Chrome, usually, on a fairly venerable old desktop (at least 10 year old) computer. But our internet is quite decent. I've never had any issues with the Disney website running slow. I think maybe once I remember it being down? But when I checked again later it was running just fine.

No problems making reservations or booking fastpasses. In fact, it's always worked perfectly for me (knock on wood that I haven't jinxed myself by saying that!).

Now, the disboards, on the other hand, frequently will slow down to an excruciating crawl and it'll take me forever to type a comment. I think it's something to do with the ads.

We do routinely clean our computer cache, though, so maybe that helps with the whole Disney thing?

Yup...Slow here. I've got a Wish Trip kiddo that we're trying to snag a CRT reservation. Noticed that there was one available for a lunch slot but by the time it spinning wheeled of death several times and then behaved I'd lost it.

When multiple people are tagging the same opening for a reservation, it does that. You just happened to click on it a fraction of a second later than someone else.

We have issues like that at our school when everyone is trying to log in at the same time.

For MAW trip, try contacting your coordinator to see what they can do to help with the CRT seating.

The Disney website is, IMO, just poorly designed. I usually use the phone app to get things done faster.

You can see the problems in the site in numerous ways:
  1. Hitting "back" causes you to reload prior pages and lose any filters or searches you've done.
  2. Each page "loads" then proceeds to run a colossal amount of JS (or something), "filling in" the content seconds later.
  3. The Stictch "oops" error page appears a lot.
  4. HP Enterprise is involved somehow. Last history tells me not to I trust anything from HPE.
I've looked at Disney jobs a few times, with thoughts wavering between "it would be cool to help fix that mess" and "wow, I bet that system is a nightmare to work on" :)

I find it horrible. I am frustrated and worried the day am able to request my fast passes which is in about 3 weeks. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter