Abby and mom's great adventure, Day two

abby

Abby's Mom
Day two, I get us up early (easy for me, as I never sleep well the first night away from home) Our goal, to be at the parks before they open at 9. We leave the room and stop for a quick bite in downtown disney. (OK so a latte for me, hot coco for her a muffin and a fruit yogart thing cost me almost $20.)
As we approach, I ask if she wants to walk (as she did the day before) or if she wants to rent a stroller. Without missing a beat she said I want a stroller. Interesting since we don't own one anymore and haven't for over a year. I was prepared, however, and having read the guide books, had a cheap (94 cent) scarf I bought to tie on the handle so we could find it in a sea of strollers.
We get to main street and wait for a rope drop. My DD wants to be first to Dumbo, a nice goal but one I didn't think we would make. The rope drops and we are off. One advantage to the stroller, we make better time then if she was walking. And much to DD surprise (and mine) we are first at Dumbo. We ride (twice) and off to the tea cups. Ride once and then I look and not much of a line, not enough to fill the ride, so I ask the guy if we can just stay in our cup and ride again, a quick look at the line and he agrees. So teacups again. Then alice in wonderland. From there we go to critter country and ride the pooh ride. No real wait on anything so far. An hour into the day and plenty of riding. I ask and hear pooh usually comes out about 10. We finish the ride at 9:55 and there are about six groups waiting for pooh to arrive, we join the crowd.
Then tigger comes out. We stay in line, although some do not and wait for Pooh.
One note, my DD is very shy. The first thing we did yesterday was get an autograph book and a pen so she could get autographs. I did this because it gave this shy kid a reason to approach the characters, otherwise she wouldn't.
Pooh comes out and we get our turn. My DD tells me to warn him she does not want to be touched or hugged. I tell him and he is good with her.
Got a great picture (if I could figure out how I would add it.) Then we go to Tigger and do the same. Then I ask the CM if anyone else is coming and she tells me egyore is expected in a few minutes. We wait and are first in line for him. (my favorite). So it's 10:30 and we have done a lot and seen a lot. We leave critter country and walk around. DD is unwilling to try the haunted house or pirates, she also refuses to consider big thunder mt rr today also.
Then she sees the raft and just has to go to Tom Sawyer Island. Off we go. After that it is lunch (fish and "big" chips" to share (and when the order came I actually asked where the fries were, well they were under the fish and not my definition of "big") Ate lunch and then the kid was getting tired.
Working our way back we see the bus that goes down main street and "have to ride it" so we wait and do so.
Back to the hotel, thought maybe she would nap (I know, she doesn't believe in nap's anymore, but I do), instead we end up at the pool. Nice pool, a little cool for me. Not too crowded.
After that we try CA. Catch the playhouse disney show first, she loved it, all her fav's. Then off to bugs land. Do all but the tuck's buggie thing, (too long a line.) look around but don't ride anything else. Stop at engine ear toys and fill a box with potatoe head parts (I smuggled her Ms. potatoe head into our suitcases.) She was thrilled. (note we forgot to get ears......) back to the hotel.
Back to the remote boats a favorite and then to bed. Abby was awake long enough for me to show her the pixie dust on the walls. I explained that Tinkerbell left the pixie dust for kids who were good during the day. (a great motivator for the rest of the trip.) Kid was asleep and I hear a noise outside. Then I remember that the lady at check in said they were practicing fireworks the night before. So I looked and saw a great firework show, although one was not scheduled.
Day two a success. One note, during the day when I suggested we do something, Abby said, "Oh we can do that next year" When I asked what she was thinking I was told we were coming back next year. I explained I was considering going to Hawaii next year and she said, no we are coming back here.

Great report! Your daughter sounds like my dd7! Do you remember how much it costs to do the boats? We'll be stayng at the DLH and I might as well be prepared! :cool1: :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter