ABD Announces Private Adventures for 5 Countries

I'm sure we couldn't afford it alone (there are only two of us) but if anyone wants to get a group of DISers together... :teacher:

Too bad they aren't doing S Africa (yet?). That would be fun with a small group.

We are actually considering it for our May 2021 Egypt ABD. We already have four of us going and the price is not that much more. If we can get a couple more people, it would be the same price as what we already paid.

Yes, South Africa would be a great one to do as a small group!

Interesting, and a nice next step for Abd. In looking at Greece and Italy, fewer meals are included. Also, for all of them, none of the usual tour related gratuities are included ie guides, housekeeping, bell services, etc. Have not looked closely at the itineraries.

Hi everyone,

We just read the release about ABD private adventures.
forgive me but it’s not clear on the ABD site how this works.

Does anyone know if you are a group of 2...does this mean you are not travelling with anyone else?

Hard to tell...but can see the price for 2 is higher.
Therefore, we are assuming you can just travel with 2 people (as you are paying a premium for it).

Are we correct that the private ABD trip would be just the 2 of us and ABD guides (no one else)?

Or, do you need a group of 12 for the trip to happen?

We have always wanted to do an ABD trip. But we don’t like traveling in groups of people we don’t know.

Thanks for your help.

I assumed that the price depends on how many people you bring to the group. So if you want just the 2 of you, you pay the 2 person rate per person, and it's just you two on the trip. Earlier in the thread it talks about having just one adventure guide.

A&K has this too which we’ve looked into but theirs is much more flexible: you choose whatever dates and length of time, you can even choose/change hotels and add in or take out tours.

Cost for this is about 30-40% more than their group tour which seems more than what ABD is charging for ther private

Hi everyone,

We just read the release about ABD private adventures.
forgive me but it’s not clear on the ABD site how this works.

Does anyone know if you are a group of 2...does this mean you are not travelling with anyone else?

Hard to tell...but can see the price for 2 is higher.
Therefore, we are assuming you can just travel with 2 people (as you are paying a premium for it).

Are we correct that the private ABD trip would be just the 2 of us and ABD guides (no one else)?

Or, do you need a group of 12 for the trip to happen?

We have always wanted to do an ABD trip. But we don’t like traveling in groups of people we don’t know.

Thanks for your help.
The amount you pay is based on how many people are on the trip. So if you only have 2 people on your trip, then you pay the "2-3 people" price per person. And it would be just you two and one Private Adventure Guide (except, I believe, for Italy, where you have one Private Adventure Guide per city - so a different Guide for each city you go to).

Sayhello

Suspect this will become more common- I noticed the Peru private adventure totally skips Lima and heads straight to Cuzco. One of the one hand it seems nice to book whenever it’s convenient for you but I think i would miss the interaction/conversations both the kids and us get to have with others on the adventure.

How do you Adventurers feel about having so few included meals on these trips? Italy, for instance, is 8 days and has 9 meals. Seven of the nine are breakfasts (breakfast is often included anyway when you stay at a hotel), one is lunch, and you get one dinner. OK with that?

These private adventures sounds great, I'm just concerned some of these countries won't be ready to welcome visitors from the US even by April 2021.
This was exactly my thought. I'd also worry about being in some of these countries if the virus peaks again. Some Americans didn't get out of Peru for a long time when the pandemic broke in March and shut downs started.

How do you Adventurers feel about having so few included meals on these trips? Italy, for instance, is 8 days and has 9 meals. Seven of the nine are breakfasts (breakfast is often included anyway when you stay at a hotel), one is lunch, and you get one dinner. OK with that?

It would keep me from doing one of the trips. I *hate* when ABD starts pulling meals and other previously included items.

I have about zero interest in doing any of these with ABD. Frankly, given the way they handled the pandemic in March/April I wouldn't travel with them again if I didn't already have a trip booked with them (Oct. 2021 river cruise, which I"m hoping they cancel). Not cancelling trips until literally the last minute (or in one case when people had already flown to Australia) when it was very clear what was going on was unconscionable IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter