ABD Backstage Magic 7/31 - 8/5/11

We're putting together a list of the meals, touring, etc. that we missed on the trip for our trip insurance paperwork. For the usual ABD trip, the DCA lunch is on your own. The DISers had lunch with Marty Sklar, but I didn't know whether lunch was self-pay or if it was part of our package (and another gift from Dreams Unlimited).

Did y'all pay for your lunch when you dined with Marty? Just trying to make sure we submit accurate info to the insurance company... :headache:

Thanks!

It's my understanding that the lunch was a part of the package, but I could be wrong. You might want to email Kevin to be sure.

It's my understanding that the lunch was a part of the package, but I could be wrong. You might want to email Kevin to be sure.

Thanks. I'll give Kevin a chance to get back...or he'll have an email waiting for him when he gets back. We were looking at the standard ABD booklet, and it says lunch is on our own that day. Of course, these special tours included lunch with Marty, and having missed it, I just wasn't sure who paid the tab. :)

Thanks. I'll give Kevin a chance to get back...or he'll have an email waiting for him when he gets back. We were looking at the standard ABD booklet, and it says lunch is on our own that day. Of course, these special tours included lunch with Marty, and having missed it, I just wasn't sure who paid the tab. :)

The lunch with Marty was not part of the ABD trip, but we did not pay individually. It was covered by Dreams Unlimited. Only individual charge would have been if you ordered wine with lunch.

The lunch with Marty was not part of the ABD trip, but we did not pay individually. It was covered by Dreams Unlimited. Only individual charge would have been if you ordered wine with lunch.

Thank you Jen! We thought that might have been the case, but we just weren't sure not having been there for it.

I made two videos from my trip to Cali including our ABD tour. If you'd like to see, click the links below. Be sure that your sound is on, but not too loudly! :)

A California Adventure - Part 1

A California Adventure - Part 2

Jeff was printing pictures from the trip this morning when I suddenly remembered that you have these links. (We were in the car on the iPhone when we first read the post, and we skipped them.)

We watched them this morning. Really, really cute videos! You got some great shots. After 2 weeks of school, it was cool to stumble on this awesome surprise.

Hey Everyone!!! How is everyone doing? We are busy as ever with work etc.

We are getting ready for our October trip.. We are bringing our Mom's with us this trip. It will be their 1st Food & Wine experience so we are super excited about that! We are really undecided what to do about our food plan option. We have always done the quick service plan. Before that plan came out we just paid for our food and did not use a food plan. We are thinking about venturing out and doing the table service plan but we have our worries about it. First, will there be enough options for our "picky Southern palates"? Secondly, will we want to plan our days around a dinner reservation?... We are so used of just eating when we get hungry and not have to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time... Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated...

Hope you all have a wonderful week and we hope to have a chat someday soon!

We are getting ready for our October trip.. We are bringing our Mom's with us this trip. It will be their 1st Food & Wine experience so we are super excited about that! We are really undecided what to do about our food plan option. We have always done the quick service plan. Before that plan came out we just paid for our food and did not use a food plan. We are thinking about venturing out and doing the table service plan but we have our worries about it. First, will there be enough options for our "picky Southern palates"? Secondly, will we want to plan our days around a dinner reservation?... We are so used of just eating when we get hungry and not have to worry about being at a certain place at a certain time... Any suggestions or opinions are greatly appreciated...

So glad you're getting close to your WDW trip - it sounds like lots of fun already! One thing you might want to do before opting for the table service plan is to check menus online and see what sounds appealing about some of the table service menus. You will also definitely want to check on dining availability, since a lot of the favorite restaurants fill up really early. If nothing that sounds good is available when you're going to be there, you'll want to skip the table service plan. If you're wanting to spend much of your food time sampling Food & Wine portions, you may not want to commit to a full table service meal on those days - I've been too full for the reservation after trying a bunch of samples around Epcot before.

I'm a foodie and I love the table service restaurants, but it definitely takes away from being spontaneous when you have to make a reservation way ahead of time and know exactly where and when you will want to eat far in advance.

We're doing ok here. Paul's recovered from his gallbladder surgery pretty well, and we've both had a cold for a few weeks. Joy. I'm busy with a new job, and while it's stressful to learn new systems and files and procedures, it's a wonderful office and the best job I've had in more than a decade. :banana:

How you approach dining at WDW really depends on how you like to eat. For us, dinner is an event and something we don't mind planning our day around. If you like just snacking as you go and want to maximize your park time, sticking with counter service could be better. We go with Tables in Wonderland since we eat at sit-down restaurants, and that gives 20% off food and alcohol. Also consider how many "meals" you're planning to spend at the World Showcase food booths.

As far as finding things picky eaters like, I recommend looking over the menus online in advance. That should help you choose which restaurants you want to try.

So glad you're getting close to your WDW trip - it sounds like lots of fun already! One thing you might want to do before opting for the table service plan is to check menus online and see what sounds appealing about some of the table service menus. You will also definitely want to check on dining availability, since a lot of the favorite restaurants fill up really early. If nothing that sounds good is available when you're going to be there, you'll want to skip the table service plan. If you're wanting to spend much of your food time sampling Food & Wine portions, you may not want to commit to a full table service meal on those days - I've been too full for the reservation after trying a bunch of samples around Epcot before.

I'm a foodie and I love the table service restaurants, but it definitely takes away from being spontaneous when you have to make a reservation way ahead of time and know exactly where and when you will want to eat far in advance.

We're doing ok here. Paul's recovered from his gallbladder surgery pretty well, and we've both had a cold for a few weeks. Joy. I'm busy with a new job, and while it's stressful to learn new systems and files and procedures, it's a wonderful office and the best job I've had in more than a decade. :banana:

Glad to hear that Paul is getting better!!! We keep up with y'all on Facebook and get jealous when we see your " check ins " at the World hehe :rotfl2: So very happy for you and your new job!!!! I know that is a relief on your part! Good luck with that:thumbsup2

Glad to hear that Paul is getting better!!! We keep up with y'all on Facebook and get jealous when we see your " check ins " at the World hehe :rotfl2: So very happy for you and your new job!!!! I know that is a relief on your part! Good luck with that:thumbsup2

Thank you, thank you! So excited for you with your WDW trip getting closer and closer! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter