ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

Has anybody tried to ship a light saber home? So far all the info I can find are folks who carry them on the airplane and I do not want to do that. I would prefer shipping it. Will they do that from the park? I don't want to leave the ABD to visit a shipping facility.
I wonder if the Grand Californian could do that for you?

Sayhello

I wonder if the Grand Californian could do that for you?

Sayhello
I was wondering the same thing for the collector coca-cola items that now freak TSA out. I was going to see if the hotel had a way to ship items. If they don’t they may want to come up with something since the cheapest souvenir in SWGE is now banned on planes.

I was wondering the same thing for the collector coca-cola items that now freak TSA out. I was going to see if the hotel had a way to ship items. If they don’t they may want to come up with something since the cheapest souvenir in SWGE is now banned on planes.
I wondered about that once I saw one in a photo. Are they banned in checked baggage, too?

Sayhello

Not allowed as a carry-on or as a checked bag item. So either be someone who drove to California or Florida or ship the item home.
Wow! I sure hope they explain this to people as a part of the reservation making process!!

Sayhello

Has anybody tried to ship a light saber home? So far all the info I can find are folks who carry them on the airplane and I do not want to do that. I would prefer shipping it. Will they do that from the park? I don't want to leave the ABD to visit a shipping facility.

while I didn't actually ship one, I asked them last week if it was possible. They said yes, they ship both lightsabers and droids home.

TSA has reversed course. They are welcome in carry on bags if empty and are considered oversized liquid for checked baggage. Guess Disney must have exerted some pressure to correct this ridiculousness.

Who is the "they" you asked?

Thanks,
Sayhello

Cast members working the merchandise shops at SW:GE. Can't remember exactly what the name of it is-- the one next to the entrance closest to Fantasyland. I was arranging for lightsaber/droid to be held at the front of the park for pick-up later that day, and asked the cast member about shipping home. He said they could do it.

Cast members working the merchandise shops at SW:GE. Can't remember exactly what the name of it is-- the one next to the entrance closest to Fantasyland. I was arranging for lightsaber/droid to be held at the front of the park for pick-up later that day, and asked the cast member about shipping home. He said they could do it.
Good to know. Thanks!

Sayhello

Yes. At the end of June, they opened in the script to screen part of the tour the recreation of part of the set. You can sit in Sheldon’s spot, knock on apt 4A’s door, have your picture taken in front of the elevator and see the cafeteria set. Can’t walk on the last one. Parts of the show also went to the smithsonian and I believe that will go on display in 2021.

Excited about that..... as my name is Penny...Penny....Penny:

FYI
Just got an email from my TA that she got from ABD. They confirmed that we would be getting tickets to Oogie Boogie, but since Carthay Circle will be
closing early, we will be having dinner at the Wine Country Trattoria. Was hoping to get into Carthay Circle again although as I have eaten in the Trattoria several times and I like it there. Guess I will have to sooth my soul at Napa Rose instead.

We have 10 days to go and I have so many questions. All of which will be answered when I get there if I can just be patient;)

So I'm not the very patient kind...
My fun news - I was just able to get reservations at Oga's Canteen during one of the afternoons we can explore on our own and I'm very excited!!! What alcoholic drinks are good to drink there?

My big question is sort of "I wonder what will happen?" We are extending our stay for two nights after the ABD, at the Grand, and meeting my daughter's family. I wonder if we will have to change rooms. It is a very small world problem, not to be concerned about, and one that will be easily handled.

We have 10 days to go and I have so many questions. All of which will be answered when I get there if I can just be patient;)

So I'm not the very patient kind...
My fun news - I was just able to get reservations at Oga's Canteen during one of the afternoons we can explore on our own and I'm very excited!!! What alcoholic drinks are good to drink there?

My big question is sort of "I wonder what will happen?" We are extending our stay for two nights after the ABD, at the Grand, and meeting my daughter's family. I wonder if we will have to change rooms. It is a very small world problem, not to be concerned about, and one that will be easily handled.
Mine starts Sunday. I also made Oga’s Cantina reservations but I made them for the Friday after the trip officially ends. I wanted to be able to experience everything they have for us and not feel rushed to get from one thing to another because I had made other plans. The weather forecast for next week looks good also.

Reactions: msk
Mine starts Sunday. I also made Oga’s Cantina reservations but I made them for the Friday after the trip officially ends. I wanted to be able to experience everything they have for us and not feel rushed to get from one thing to another because I had made other plans. The weather forecast for next week looks good also.
Have a fabulous time! We will be there the following week. I've been trying to get any reservation at Oga's but this was the only one available during a "free explore on your own time" We both are going to have so much fun!!!

[/QUOTE]
Did you book your rooms through ABD? If so, you will stay in the same room. If you booked OYO, it's likely that you will have to move. We booked through DVC and had to leave our ABD room by 11 am. Our DVC room was not ready until after 4 pm. It was fine but we were displaced from 11-4 pm (just hung out in the park).

Have the best time! This is one of our family's favorite ABDs. Hopefully, Shannon will still be guiding. She's new but she is GREAT! One of the best guides we have had. Have fun and please post any more questions.

Did you book your rooms through ABD? If so, you will stay in the same room. If you booked OYO, it's likely that you will have to move. We booked through DVC and had to leave our ABD room by 11 am. Our DVC room was not ready until after 4 pm. It was fine but we were displaced from 11-4 pm (just hung out in the park).

Have the best time! This is one of our family's favorite ABDs. Hopefully, Shannon will still be guiding. She's new but she is GREAT! One of the best guides we have had. Have fun and please post any more questions.
[/QUOTE]
Looking at Shannon’s instagram page, her and Trevor are doing the next 2 weeks of adventures.

• Love
I think we are on the same trip! I am going the week of the 22nd as well I am excited to say the least. I just made my lightsaber reservation today. That and seeing the Haunted Mansion overlay were the only "must do" items on my list. Everything else is a bonus.

I think we are on the same trip! I am going the week of the 22nd as well I am excited to say the least. I just made my lightsaber reservation today. That and seeing the Haunted Mansion overlay were the only "must do" items on my list. Everything else is a bonus.
Hello! We are on the same trip! I have so many want do items. I went to DL as a young child and want to go back to those places, We have gone to WDW many times so being able to ride the rides that have gone from WDW but are in DL will be a nice bonus. I can't wait to see Walt's and the Imaginers' studios, I've never been to California Adventure and I want to go to Oga's. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having a fabulous adventure. See you in a week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!