ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

You might already know this, but D23 Expo begins the last day of your tour. Just thought I’d mention it, if you hadn’t heard and had any interest in going. Michael from the Connecting with Walt podcast has called the expo the “Disney Thunderdome,” which is a pretty accurate description. That said, if you’ve never been and you’re huge fans of all aspects of the Walt Disney Co., it might be worth a look.

Yes, I had heard about this. We are planning to fly home the evening of 8/23 to give us time to get back on East Coast time before work on Monday.

You might already know this, but D23 Expo begins the last day of your tour. Just thought I’d mention it, if you hadn’t heard and had any interest in going. Michael from the Connecting with Walt podcast has called the expo the “Disney Thunderdome,” which is a pretty accurate description. That said, if you’ve never been and you’re huge fans of all aspects of the Walt Disney Co., it might be worth a look.
Can you go to a D23 Expo if you're not a member of D23?

Sayhello

8/18/19 BSM - Airfare purchased! We are taking an early flight on 8/15 and an overnight flight home on 8/23. We upgraded to Economy Plus (United) on the way home for the extra legroom. We did not use reward miles, but I think I'm going to look into getting travel reimbursement through my credit card company. When I looked into booking the flight for one person via credit card miles (not from United), it was showing me fare for Basic Economy vs. United's website for regular Economy.

3/12 Short Escape coming up quick for DW, and my two daughters. This is our first ABD trip and we are celebrating 25th anniversary. We are huge fans of Disney Cruises, just wanted to try something a little different this time.

Well, I guess I’ll be on abd trip during Star Wars land opening, jun 9 to 14... wonder what abd guides will do?

Well, I guess I’ll be on abd trip during Star Wars land opening, jun 9 to 14... wonder what abd guides will do?
Mine is mid July and I’m wondering the same thing! Maybe we should start a thread for people to post specifically about SWGE on the backstage magic and socal short escape ABDs.

Mine is mid July and I’m wondering the same thing! Maybe we should start a thread for people to post specifically about SWGE on the backstage magic and socal short escape ABDs.
Yes, my husband is already imagining VIP access to everything! I am trying to temper expectations. I am so excited it will be up and running during our trip.

2019 Disney Vacation Club Member West Coast Cruise ABD....is anyone here going on that ABD? We recently got our book and are excited!

Bobbi

Should be going this Thursday but it is very difficult to get anything arranged before you get to the hotel the first day. Many questions deferred to the arrival date. They send out a small booklet but not enough info and the vacationistas really dont have a clue about the tour at the studios. Does anyone have a better idea? Also one of the party wont be going, so trying to get a refund for that one person.

Jack

:confused3BIG question. I will be at the ABD SO Calif backstage magic from Oct 13to 18th (i believe). There are 2 Halloween parties that week.
DO we get to go to one, do we buy an extra ticket, as it will interfere with our ABD time in the park, what will happen????????????

:confused3BIG question. I will be at the ABD SO Calif backstage magic from Oct 13to 18th (i believe). There are 2 Halloween parties that week.
DO we get to go to one, do we buy an extra ticket, as it will interfere with our ABD time in the park, what will happen????????????

I am going the week of Sept 22nd and had the same question. I went through Dreams Unlimited Travel for my planning and was told that if there is a party on the day you are scheduled to be in that park (DCA this year) then you will get the Halloween ticket as part of your trip. No need to buy one. But if its on a different day, for example if the party is on a day you are supposed to be in Hollywood or Disneyland instead, then you will have to buy it yourself and go on your own.

For example, my trip there is a party on Tuesday the 24th and Thursday the 26th. Based on my itinerary, the 24th is the day at Imagineering/DL, so the party is not included that day. But the 26th is the day we are in DCA, so I get the party for that night.

Reactions: msk
I am going Oct 13-18 and my Farewell Dinner and special seating to World of Color in DCA is on Oct 17th which is the Thursday night party...Do I get the
free party...oh please say YES! Yippeee

So am flying into LAX one day early and flying out of Long Beach 2 days after the ABD is over.....any suggestions on how to get to and from the airports??I know that the
Disney shuttle does not go to Long Beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts