ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

So am flying into LAX one day early and flying out of Long Beach 2 days after the ABD is over.....any suggestions on how to get to and from the airports??I know that the
Disney shuttle does not go to Long Beach.
How big is your group? Uber/Lyft in LA is great if you only have 2-3 people.

So am flying into LAX one day early and flying out of Long Beach 2 days after the ABD is over.....any suggestions on how to get to and from the airports??I know that the
Where are you staying for your pre-days/post-days? (ie, where are you going to from LAX, and coming from for Long Beach?)

Sayhello

I am going Oct 13-18 and my Farewell Dinner and special seating to World of Color in DCA is on Oct 17th which is the Thursday night party...Do I get the
free party...oh please say YES! Yippeee
Sounds like you should, but I would check with ABD or your vacation planner just to be sure.

As others have said, Uber/Lyft is too convenient not to use for small groups.

Where are you staying for your pre-days/post-days? (ie, where are you going to from LAX, and coming from for Long Beach?)

Sayhello

Pre ABD I will be staying at the Lowes Hollywood, the same hotel as the ABD. Post ABD I will remain at the Grand California Hotel for 2 more nights. I have never used Uber or Lyft (we use our own cars in the wilds of Vermont) so I am a little apprehensive with all the weird stories going around about these ride/share outfits. Think I will just pick the brains of the ABD guides and the concierge desk when we arrive.

Sounds like you should, but I would check with ABD or your vacation planner just to be sure.

As others have said, Uber/Lyft is too convenient not to use for small groups.

I called ABD and they said I would probably get to enjoy the Halloween party fun. Guess I should pack my pirate hat just in case! pirate:

Pre ABD I will be staying at the Lowes Hollywood, the same hotel as the ABD. Post ABD I will remain at the Grand California Hotel for 2 more nights. I have never used Uber or Lyft (we use our own cars in the wilds of Vermont) so I am a little apprehensive with all the weird stories going around about these ride/share outfits. Think I will just pick the brains of the ABD guides and the concierge desk when we arrive.
Did you book those pre-days through ABD or on your own? If you booked through ABD, your transportation is definitely included. If you booked it on your own, since it's the same hotels as the ABD, I would check with your ABD Vacationista and see if they might provide you with transportation to from those hotels. The policies about that are always changing, so it never hurts to ask.

Sayhello

I have never used Uber or Lyft (we use our own cars in the wilds of Vermont) so I am a little apprehensive with all the weird stories going around about these ride/share outfits.

I can totally understand that, especially as a solo traveler. If you feel that it's in your best interest not to use them then that's your decision! I will say that I have traveled as a solo female many times and use Uber/Lyft all the time. I've used it in LA & Chicago on my own and never had any issues. It's convenient, especially in high-traffic areas, because you don't have to deal with trying to navigate a new place all on your own (which can be dangerous!). There are also lots of safety features, like a choice to be able to send your ride status to someone you know so they know when you have arrived at your destination.

Reactions: msk
Did you book those pre-days through ABD or on your own? If you booked through ABD, your transportation is definitely included. If you booked it on your own, since it's the same hotels as the ABD, I would check with your ABD Vacationista and see if they might provide you with transportation to from those hotels. The policies about that are always changing, so it never hurts to ask.

Sayhello

yes I booked it through Disney with my TA. Thanks for the info

yes I booked it through Disney with my TA. Thanks for the info
Then you should be good to go! Make sure your TA confirms with ABD that you do want the transfers.

ETA: I just noticed that you said Long Beach airport. I would also have your TA verify if transfers to LGB are included. I know you can do either LAX or SNA, but I'm not sure about LGB.

Sayhello

Last edited:
I just want to say that our pre DVCMC ABD WAS EXCELLENT!

The behind the scenes experience at Indiana Jones, Cars and most especially, Soarin were extraordinary. In Soarin, we actually went behind the screen while a show was going on. We were able to see the audience, and touch the screen.

Cannot wait...Tell me about OYO dinners in DLR. Did you make reservations? I am really worried about crowds this summer.

Cannot wait...Tell me about OYO dinners in DLR. Did you make reservations? I am really worried about crowds this summer.
I haven't been on mine yet but a friend who did this ABD said that you can make reservations and if for some reason you can't make it on time, the guides will handle it. She said there were folks in their group who missed their ADRs and the guides got them cancelled with no penalties.

So if you have some you really want, go ahead and make an ADR. I made one for Blue Bayou and one for Lamplight Lounge during times that are supposed to be on our own!

My ABD is not until October. Can I make ADR's yet? Need a Carnation breakfast and a couple of dinners. Then I will "Cone"it or go to Flo's or Bengal BBQ or the new Tropical Hideaway.

My ABD is not until October. Can I make ADR's yet? Need a Carnation breakfast and a couple of dinners. Then I will "Cone"it or go to Flo's or Bengal BBQ or the new Tropical Hideaway.
The Disneyland ADR period is 60 days out, so not just yet!

Others can chime in but I believe Carnation breakfast is usually on the itinerary anyway so I don't think you'll need that one.

I am not sure what restaurants are on the itinerary currently, but I can speak by previous experience, that unless you are talking about ADR's before or after the actual tour happens, it would be very difficult to know when to schedule an ADR, unless you are ok with leaving the group to do those meals. Even for the times that they say is "On your Own", they tend to have activities that you can still participate in as a group, and you may miss out if you do an ADR.

When I went on the ABD backstage tour 4-5 years ago, we went to the following restaurants in the parks (That I remember)

first afternoon/night at the park:
River Belle Terrace (dinner)

Second day:
Plaza Inn (character breakfast)

3rd day:
StoryTeller's Cafe (character breakfast)
Carthay Circle (dinner)

I think there was at least one more that was table service lunch or dinner on the second day, but maybe not. It probably was Carnation Cafe, but not sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!