ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

The only Disney-related ADR we'll try to make is for brunch on 8/16, which is two days before the adventure begins (flying into SNA, burning DVC points at Paradise Pier Hotel, driving to Hollywood for our pre-day ABD two days later).

We do not want to miss any possible additional pop-up opportunities and will probably stick with QS meals.

I am not sure what restaurants are on the itinerary currently, but I can speak by previous experience, that unless you are talking about ADR's before or after the actual tour happens, it would be very difficult to know when to schedule an ADR, unless you are ok with leaving the group to do those meals. Even for the times that they say is "On your Own", they tend to have activities that you can still participate in as a group, and you may miss out if you do an ADR.

When I went on the ABD backstage tour 4-5 years ago, we went to the following restaurants in the parks (That I remember)

first afternoon/night at the park:
River Belle Terrace (dinner)

Second day:
Plaza Inn (character breakfast)

3rd day:
StoryTeller's Cafe (character breakfast)
Carthay Circle (dinner)

I think there was at least one more that was table service lunch or dinner on the second day, but maybe not. It probably was Carnation Cafe, but not sure.

OK thanks. Guess I will wing it when it comes to food options, when in ABD but I do want to make a few ADR's when I am on my own for 2 days
I am still thinking like a WDW person thinking I have to make the ADR's 180 days out. LOL

The only ADR up to now that you really need to get ASAP (60 days out) is Blue Bayou. That one can become unavailable pretty quickly.

The other restaurants tend to not fill up as quickly.

However, with Star Wars Galaxys Edge, who knows what will happen, and you may want to get as many reservations filled at 60 days out.

I am not sure what restaurants are on the itinerary currently, but I can speak by previous experience, that unless you are talking about ADR's before or after the actual tour happens, it would be very difficult to know when to schedule an ADR, unless you are ok with leaving the group to do those meals. Even for the times that they say is "On your Own", they tend to have activities that you can still participate in as a group, and you may miss out if you do an ADR.

When I went on the ABD backstage tour 4-5 years ago, we went to the following restaurants in the parks (That I remember)

first afternoon/night at the park:
River Belle Terrace (dinner)

Second day:
Plaza Inn (character breakfast)

3rd day:
StoryTeller's Cafe (character breakfast)
Carthay Circle (dinner)

I think there was at least one more that was table service lunch or dinner on the second day, but maybe not. It probably was Carnation Cafe, but not sure.
On ours last May we had the French Market instead of the RBT on the first night and our final breakfast was at Steakhouse 55. We did not have a meal Carnation Cafe with the group (though we did later on during our additional days).

My family and I are going on the June 30th trip! We are hoping for easy access to the Galaxy's Edge land and attractions!! Anyone else in this group on the June 30th departure?
We are on that trip as well! We are super excited and wondering the extent to which we have easier access to SWGE. Also wondering if we need to book an additional tour or make plans during our free night in LA? It sounds like ABD often has some added surprises and I don't know that we want to miss any of those.

We are on that trip as well! We are super excited and wondering the extent to which we have easier access to SWGE. Also wondering if we need to book an additional tour or make plans during our free night in LA? It sounds like ABD often has some added surprises and I don't know that we want to miss any of those.
We have a special thread where we are keeping track of how they incorporate SWGE into the ABD if you want to follow along! We’ve already had someone post who was there on opening day https://www.disboards.com/threads/backstage-magic-socal-short-escape-swge.3738598/

I'm quoting myself here from another thread as the other one was specific to one person's trip. It was regarding an ABD pick up from Disneyland on adventure begin day.

FYI...I contacted my TA (Kevin at DU) to inquire about this. ABD will do one pick up from the Grand Californian at 1 pm at the start of your adventure. In our case our ABD starts with our pre-day so we'll spend two nights at Paradise Pier, meet the van at the Grand Californian by 1 pm on our pre-day, and be driven to the Loews Hotel. You must reserve your spot in the van in advance.

My Box arrived this week. Beyond excited now. For those who have been this year, do you get a duffle bag at the hotel like in previous years

If anyone is going on this adventure this day forward, please report back how, if any, SWGE access was accommodated. Thanks!

Yesterday was just over 60 days out from our trip, and our box arrived. One lightweight backpack with a drawstring closure (but not an actual drawstring backpack), two luggage tags, what looks like a shoe bag, and our booklet. Can’t wait!

Reading back in this thread, it looks like we'll be on the Aug 18 with you, Chirple! My daughter and I just signed on yesterday, and are super excited. This one's been on my to-do list for years.

Reading back in this thread, it looks like we'll be on the Aug 18 with you, Chirple! My daughter and I just signed on yesterday, and are super excited. This one's been on my to-do list for years.

Look forward to meeting you! Our party consists of my husband and me. I believe @ScottishFansie is also on our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!