ABD DisneyLand/So Cal trips in 2019...anyone going?

I can't recall the Loews brand, but the Grand Californian was the Disney H2O brand. I have color treated hair too and I decided to just bring my own. There's a Sephora right next door to Loews though so if you get there and the brand at the hotel isn't what you want, you can nip over and grab something travel sized in a better brand!
I just saw this. Our flight left at 8:30 Thursday morning. We did end up bringing our own travel-size shampoo and conditioner.

Hi! If anyone is checking this forum, we have a question. We are at Loews, but we don’t have any information yet for tomorrow (aside from the booklet we got in the box). For some reason, we thought breakfast was included on the official ABD start day if you purchased your pre-night through them. Does anyone know about this? The check-in desk had no idea and said we should have gotten an email.

Hi! If anyone is checking this forum, we have a question. We are at Loews, but we don’t have any information yet for tomorrow (aside from the booklet we got in the box). For some reason, we thought breakfast was included on the official ABD start day if you purchased your pre-night through them. Does anyone know about this? The check-in desk had no idea and said we should have gotten an email.
Every ABD I have done, if you booked the pre-day through ABD, it includes breakfast. I can't imagine that this one doesn't. There have been hundreds of ABDs at that hotel. Tell them to ask someone else.

Sayhello

Every ABD I have done, if you booked the pre-day through ABD, it includes breakfast. I can't imagine that this one doesn't. There have been hundreds of ABDs at that hotel. Tell them to ask someone else.

Sayhello
Same for us. We did not stay at the Loew's pre-trip when we took this adventure, but on our recent Alaska trip and our London/Paris two years ago breakfast was included.

For those who are reading this thread and have this adventure booked with a pre-night through ABD, the answer is breakfast is not included on day 1 (prior to first group dinner). I will be doing a trip report and have been taking notes.

For those who are reading this thread and have this adventure booked with a pre-night through ABD, the answer is breakfast is not included on day 1 (prior to first group dinner). I will be doing a trip report and have been taking notes.
I guess I am in a minority on this matter but I am actually relieved I don’t have to deal with a breakfast I was not expecting. I booked a pre-night because I live an hour from the airport I will fly out of and with checking bags, the time I would have to be at the airport for a 6am flight was just not feasible. I have a reservation for an 8:30am Warner Brothers studio tour that morning and if Loews doesn’t provide any transportation service then I will need to catch the 222 bus.

We got back on Sunday. What a wonderful trip! We loved every minute. I am happy to answer any questions.

I mostly want to hear about how Star Wars was handled. Easy enough to get reservations for light saber creation?

We just returned from this week's SoCal Adventure. You're pretty much on your own to get reservations for any SW:GE stuff. They informed us the first night that reservations would be needed if you wanted to experience Savi's or Oga's, but didn't offer any help beyond that. However, I also didn't ask since I already had mine in place-- I don't know if they're able to pull any strings there if needed.

We just returned from this week's SoCal Adventure. You're pretty much on your own to get reservations for any SW:GE stuff. They informed us the first night that reservations would be needed if you wanted to experience Savi's or Oga's, but didn't offer any help beyond that. However, I also didn't ask since I already had mine in place-- I don't know if they're able to pull any strings there if needed.
Am I reading the website correctly that they're only doing reservations for Savi's through October 12th, and it's completely sold out? Do you know when they open up more? How far out they normally do reservations?

Sayhello

ETA
Never mind, I found where it says this on the website. 14 days in advance, limited same-day. Thanks.

Last edited:

I have a question- did they tell you a general time frame you should make your cantina reservations? Just do you didn’t miss anything else they had planned? Thanks!

I have a question- did they tell you a general time frame you should make your cantina reservations? Just do you didn’t miss anything else they had planned? Thanks!
Sorry! I have been out of pocket for a few days. We had nothing planned through ABD for Galaxy's Edge. I booked the Cantina for our post-day (Friday at the end of the trip) and that worked out great. You will have plenty of time to get everything done in SWGE during the trip but fitting in the Cantina and Light Sabers (we didn't do that) may be tricky. Most afternoons are free but the guides do tend to throw in optional activities here and there that we really enjoyed.

For the park days, I think we were done by approximately 1 pm each day. You'll get the afternoon to do what you want.

Day 1 in Disneyland - optional activity in the evening was Fantasmic! Dinner as a group.
Day 2 in Disneyland - optional activity in the evening was reserved space for Main Street Electrical Parade and Fireworks. Dinner OYO.
Day 3 in Disneyland - optional activity in the evening was reserved space for World of Color. Farewell dinner.

I guess I am in a minority on this matter but I am actually relieved I don’t have to deal with a breakfast I was not expecting. I booked a pre-night because I live an hour from the airport I will fly out of and with checking bags, the time I would have to be at the airport for a 6am flight was just not feasible. I have a reservation for an 8:30am Warner Brothers studio tour that morning and if Loews doesn’t provide any transportation service then I will need to catch the 222 bus.

I thought about that... How did you get that reservation?

I thought about that... How did you get that reservation?
Go to the Warner Brothers studio website and book a time. They are offered all day and typically is about 3 hours in length. I did it last year when I managed to get a ticket for a taping of the show Big Bang Theory and can honestly say it is a great tour. I am doing it again because I want a picture of me sitting in “Sheldons spot”.

Go to the Warner Brothers studio website and book a time. They are offered all day and typically is about 3 hours in length. I did it last year when I managed to get a ticket for a taping of the show Big Bang Theory and can honestly say it is a great tour. I am doing it again because I want a picture of me sitting in “Sheldons spot”.

Thanks, I checked it out. I actually got the tickets through the Starline tour company as they will pick you up and drop you off at your hotel for an extra 35.00.
Figured I would spend that on Cab/Lyft./Uber anyway.

Is that now a part of the tour? Because they aren't filming the Big Bang Theory anymore.

Sayhello

Is that now a part of the tour? Because they aren't filming the Big Bang Theory anymore.

Sayhello
Yes. At the end of June, they opened in the script to screen part of the tour the recreation of part of the set. You can sit in Sheldon’s spot, knock on apt 4A’s door, have your picture taken in front of the elevator and see the cafeteria set. Can’t walk on the last one. Parts of the show also went to the smithsonian and I believe that will go on display in 2021.

Has anybody tried to ship a light saber home? So far all the info I can find are folks who carry them on the airplane and I do not want to do that. I would prefer shipping it. Will they do that from the park? I don't want to leave the ABD to visit a shipping facility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!