ABD Itinerary with theme park admission

Sakura1017

DIS Veteran
For anyone who has booked an ABD trip, and that itinerary includes theme park admission tickets, were you able to get in when they had special ticketed events (i.e. holiday parties)? The waiver agreement that you had to sign within booking 14 days states that they will not be responsible for special event tickets. So does that mean your time at the theme parks is shortened? Or do they tell you in advance before you go on the trip that you need to purchase the special event tickets?

I did the ABD Backstage tour last year and they provided us tickets to the Halloween party, but I don't think it is guaranteed. You'd need to check for your specific group.

Also be aware that the theme park admission you do get with the BSM trip is only for the dates you are there and cannot be extended. If you want to stay on after the trip ends you'll need to buy admission separately for those days.

I think it depends on the trip. We went on the So Cal Short Escape in Oct 2018, and on one of the evenings, Disneyland had the Halloween Party. However, we did not receive tickets to that event.

But there have been trip reports of the six day Backstage Magic trip where people have reported ABD provided tickets to such events.

I did ask a Vacationista months earlier if the Halloween event would be included in our tour and she indicated it would. So they may not have accurate information. The difficult part is that these events often sell out well in advance so that puts you in a tough spot if you really want to do the ticketed event. Either buy it on your own months in advance and risk finding out that ABD gives you tickets, or wait and then find that ABD doesn’t provide tickets and now the event is sold out so you can’t buy tickets.

If you don’t want to do the ticketed event, then it doesn’t really shorten the time that you can go to the parks but during that event you would have to go to the other park (that doesn’t have the event).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!