ABD: Priority order for 2020 bookings?

It only really seems like it's super hard to get the EBD if you're booking the hot new trip. Otherwise Day One, lots of other trips had their discounts about.

It only really seems like it's super hard to get the EBD if you're booking the hot new trip. Otherwise Day One, lots of other trips had their discounts about.
That's very true. There are some 2020 trips that *still* have EBDs. But the point is, as long time, repeat customers, we feel that we should get some sort of recognition/priority/rewards for that, no matter what trip we want to sign up for (even the hot new trip).

ABD manufactures chaos and frustration by structuring their opening day priorities and early booking discount availability the way they do. It's highly frustrating.

Sayhello

I think they are taking a page out of the Apple playbook. Create a lot of Day One Hype, which generates interest, FOMO, and gets people to hand over their money that much sooner. But this strategy only works if they offer a quality product that people really want, which obviously, we do.

I think they are taking a page out of the Apple playbook. Create a lot of Day One Hype, which generates interest, FOMO, and gets people to hand over their money that much sooner. But this strategy only works if they offer a quality product that people really want, which obviously, we do.

The "fear of missing out" for those of us who have taken trips with ABD in the past is that we know the more popular trips can rise in price as the trip fills up (exception are those of us who are DVC members--we get the original price of the adventure no matter when we book). This could be one of several driving factors for families who now have to pay more than the person who booked 24 hours prior. Since it's just my husband and me, we were willing to accept the full price of the Egypt trip had our date not booked so quickly on opening day. We were completely shut out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!