ABD: Priority order for 2020 bookings?

I am getting stressed about getting the early booking offer! We are booking December 2020 (Egypt). Did a lot of you NOT get the early booking rate for Japan last year (or was it offered)? We had no trouble getting it for Backstage Magic but getting worried about Egypt. It's a big price jump if we don't get it (still going though!).

Yea, Kevin from dreams told me chance of early booking discount is basically 0 and we will be lucky if we can even secure a spot on any trip. There are only 6 family dates offered - all in summer, except the christmas one. We are a travelling family that has no issues pulling her out of school for trips so the adult exclusive dates really hurt us.

My 11 year old said but if they charge me the adult prices (starts at 12 years) then why am I not allowed on the adult trip?

Last edited:
yes the increase in adult exclusive trips is definitely a bit frustrating. especially since some of them are occurring over school vacation time. not sure what the rationale is there

yes the increase in adult exclusive trips is definitely a bit frustrating. especially since some of them are occurring over school vacation time. not sure what the rationale is there
I would assume either research or past performance of trips led them to designate more trips as Adults Only. They are offering more Adults Only departures across the board this year.

It's a long trip (10 days) and most people don't get 10 days off for President's Day or Spring Break.

My 11 year old said but it they charge me the adult prices (starts at 12 years) then why am I not allowed on the adult trip?
That is a *REALLY* good question!

Sayhello

The Dreams Unlimited Travel booking discount applies to every Adventure booked, regardless of trip or departure date.

Historically, ABD has discounted the first four spaces on each departure date.

One party of four can wipe out the early booking discount for that departure.

Once those spaces have filled the discount for that departure is gone.

In the past, if there was a discounted space or spaces available but not enough for your party, they have extended the discount to the rest of your party.

Any idea when the rest of the rates and dates (and changes to existing itineraries) will be loaded on the website? Booking starts May 14th and they are still not there. Doesn't give us a whole lot of time to figure out what we want to do. Especially considering these ABD trips aren't cheap. Sometimes I feel like the ABD office is severely understaffed.

@DisneyKevin, I checked the Dreams Unlimited Special Offers/Discounts page first; I did not see the October 20, 2020 trip listed in either the $750 or $500 discount sections. Therefore, I did not click on Get No Obligation Price Quote. After your comment above, I did click on it and saw the DU discount applied. I wish the visibility was on the discount page because I would have submitted our booking through you. Maybe I'm missing something on the discount listing.

@DisneyKevin, I checked the Dreams Unlimited Special Offers/Discounts page first; I did not see the October 20, 2020 trip listed in either the $750 or $500 discount sections. Therefore, I did not click on Get No Obligation Price Quote. After your comment above, I did click on it and saw the DU discount applied. I wish the visibility was on the discount page because I would have submitted our booking through you. Maybe I'm missing something on the discount listing.
If you go to the ABD website, the October 20th, 2020 trip does have the $750 early booking discount. For some reason when the dates with discounts were listed, some of them were left off.

If you go to the ABD website, the October 20th, 2020 trip does have the $750 early booking discount. For some reason when the dates with discounts were listed, some of them were left off.

Yes, we saw the $750 ABD early booking discount on the ABD page. However, in this thread we learned that there can be as few as 4 available spots per adventure with the ABD discount. Dreams Unlimited offers an additional discount, and our trip date is not listed as a qualifying one. If you are one of the lucky ones, it looks like you could get both the DU and ABD discount applied and save $1500 per person. I was just hoping for $750 pp.

Yes, we saw the $750 ABD early booking discount on the ABD page. However, in this thread we learned that there can be as few as 4 available spots per adventure with the ABD discount. Dreams Unlimited offers an additional discount, and our trip date is not listed as a qualifying one. If you are one of the lucky ones, it looks like you could get both the DU and ABD discount applied and save $1500 per person. I was just hoping for $750 pp.
I'm confused. As @DisneyKevin mentioned above, the DU discount applies to ALL adventures. If you are lucky to be one of the first four, you will also get the ABD early booking discount of $750/pp.

I'm confused. As @DisneyKevin mentioned above, the DU discount applies to ALL adventures. If you are lucky to be one of the first four, you will also get the ABD early booking discount of $750/pp.

Scroll down to the 2020 special offers section: https://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/abd/specials.htm

Neither of the October dates for Egypt are showing up under the $750 or $500 discount. Since I relied what was on the Dreams Unlimited page, I didn't think that the DU discount would be included, whether we got the early booking discount or not. The DU discount is included if you click on the price quote button.

I’m new to the Disboard but have been going to WDW for years and would love to go to your October 2020 Ft Wilderness meet if I can still join in at this time. We have large Motorhome and tow explorer, we usually get Premium site but can fit on preferred. We need bare minimum of 65’. Any dates in Oct work for us. We go 4-5 times a year & 8-30 days per trip, so we good with whatever time frame is decided. Must thank everyone for all the info I’ve read on this site.

Any idea when the rest of the rates and dates (and changes to existing itineraries) will be loaded on the website? Booking starts May 14th and they are still not there. Doesn't give us a whole lot of time to figure out what we want to do. Especially considering these ABD trips aren't cheap. Sometimes I feel like the ABD office is severely understaffed.

I have the same concerns. Three days to go and I still haven't seen 2020 rates posted. Makes it difficult to make plans, see if there are changes to existing itineraries, etc. and still get the booking discount.

I worry they won't post things until May 14, if then.

Has ABD behaved like this in the past or is this new for them? I vaguely recall the 2019 rates/dates came out about a week ahead of the first date we could book?

At this point I am hoping for Monday, but I am not holding my breath. We are thinking of booking Egypt plus SE Asia, but I won't book SE Asia until I see the rates and any changes to the itinerary.

I'm really not sure how soon (or late I should say) they usually post the new date and rates, but I don't remember it being this late.

I have never seen the dates released this close to booking opening. It's pretty ridiculous that it's Saturday, and booking starts Tuesday morning. How in h**l do they expect people to make decisions about trips such as this in less than a day??

Sayhello

Last edited:
Looks like ABD rates and dates will be posted tomorrow. @sayhello Does the old itinerary get erased if there are changes? I can't remember. In other words, if I want to see if there are any changes in SE Asia for 2020 vs. 2019 do I need to print out 2019 today before any changes are posted tomorrow? And yes, this is annoyingly very late on ABD's part!

Looks like ABD rates and dates will be posted tomorrow. @sayhello Does the old itinerary get erased if there are changes? I can't remember. In other words, if I want to see if there are any changes in SE Asia for 2020 vs. 2019 do I need to print out 2019 today before any changes are posted tomorrow? And yes, this is annoyingly very late on ABD's part!
Yes, in general the old itinerary will be replaced with the new one. The thing I've noticed lately is that you may be able to download the old itinerary in .pdf format, because they have a link next to each departure for the download, and I *believe* the old one is out there for the old departures. If you really want/need it, printing it out today or downloading the .pdf today is the safest!

Sayhello

Hi everyone - I feel like I haven't posted here in a million years! :-)

I've done a total of 4 ABD trips, and have enjoyed them a lot. But sometimes it's hard to justify the expense when I'm able to plan a similar itinerary for less than half the cost. And I've learned a lot about trip planning from ABD because my family of 4 went to Japan in 2013 and we had a great time, and I saw that the new ABD Japan itinerary had many of the same things I included. LOL! (maybe this could be my next gig - haha!)

Regarding early booking discount, I wish they would just provide an ABD loyalty offer (like free pre-night or always getting opening day price, etc.)….would be cheaper for them and it would show they care about the loyal fans. I tried to book China and saw that the early booking discount was gone for the dates I wanted. I know I waited a bit (needed to finalize some logistics), but sheesh, I feel like I'm at the back of the queue to book despite having spent so much money with ABD. Oh well...I guess I'll just have to wait until 2021 and make sure I call on opening day. :-)

I've done a total of 4 ABD trips, and have enjoyed them a lot. But sometimes it's hard to justify the expense when I'm able to plan a similar itinerary for less than half the cost. And I've learned a lot about trip planning from ABD because my family of 4 went to Japan in 2013 and we had a great time, and I saw that the new ABD Japan itinerary had many of the same things I included. LOL! (maybe this could be my next gig - haha!)

Regarding early booking discount, I wish they would just provide an ABD loyalty offer (like free pre-night or always getting opening day price, etc.)….would be cheaper for them and it would show they care about the loyal fans. I tried to book China and saw that the early booking discount was gone for the dates I wanted. I know I waited a bit (needed to finalize some logistics), but sheesh, I feel like I'm at the back of the queue to book despite having spent so much money with ABD. Oh well...I guess I'll just have to wait until 2021 and make sure I call on opening day. :-)
Hey, paddles! :) You're certainly not the only one who feels this way!

Sayhello

Hey, paddles! :) You're certainly not the only one who feels this way!

Sayhello
Ditto from me! I *did* try to book opening day, but not only was my preferred trip sold out by time my agent got through, the early booking discounts were long gone. My agent told me the heavily promoted early booking discount was limited to 4 spots per trip. Ridiculous. IMO a total bait and switch. They promoted the opening price all over the place and only 4 out of potentially 40+ spots? I was offered a different date with no EBD and declined. Definitely not the way to "reward" your previous customers. The whole opening day fiasco for the recent release of trips has really turned me off to ABD. We're leaving for our Japan ABD in a couple weeks, and I'm sure it will be fun, but I'm not rushing to book anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!