ABD Short Escape - Vancouver ?

msec

Mouseketeer
I swear there was an ABD Short-Escape for Vancouver (to coincide with the 2019 DCL Alaska Cruises). I was just on the ABD Web-site and can not find it any longer.... Do you think ABD has cancelled them?? :worried:

I swear there was an ABD Short-Escape for Vancouver (to coincide with the 2019 DCL Alaska Cruises). I was just on the ABD Web-site and can not find it any longer.... Do you think ABD has cancelled them?? :worried:

You're right. There definitely was one, but now it has all but disappeared from the website. I remember glancing at it when I was booking by ABD London Short Escape, and thought it was very pricey and did activities that are very easy to do on your own in Vancouver. I'm guessing bookings were very low and they just got rid of it.

I had booked the Vancouver short escape to coincide with our DCL Alaskan cruise in May of this year. Unfortunately I got a call on the 26th of December that the trip had been cancelled. I had the option to receive a full refund or book another ABD excursion and receive a $150 discount per person if I rebooked before sometime in February. I asked why it had been cancelled, and the representative said it was due to lack of interest. I'm guessing not enough people booked the excursion to make it worthwhile for the guide. I chose to get the refund as I had already made arrangements to be in Vancouver a few days ahead of the cruise. I am going to try and recreate the itinerary in Vancouver as close to the proposed ABD itinerary as possible, but I am still super bummed. I was hoping this would give my husband and I a small taste of what an ABD vacation would be like.

Thank you for all your responses - I am sorry to hear this ABD was canceled. We had planned to add it around our Sept Alaska cruise but were waiting until this month to book. I guess on the plus side - I just saved myself a good chunk of change :tongue:

Yes, unfortunately, I also was considering doing the Vancouver short excursion this year, but they were literally all cancelled for lack of interest.

Vancouver is really easy to do on your own. I spent three nights there last summer. If anybody needs any tips, let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!