ABD SoCal Backstage Magic with Halloween or Christmas Overlays

Kit Jackson

DIS Veteran
On my friends and I are going to do the ABD SoCal Backstage Magic tour at some point in the future. We have not yet started actually planning it yet, beyond knowing it is something we want to do. I was wondering if people had done the tour when holiday overlays (for Halloween or Christmas) were up had any opinions on the tour with holiday overlays vs. without holiday overlays. It would not be our first trip to Disneyland, if that influences anyones answer. Thanks to anyone who can help.

We have done it when the holiday overlays are up and the park is really festive then. Not that its bad otherwise, but the holiday decorations are really something.

Ours began Jan 5, and the DL portion of the trip began the last official day for the Christmas season. We felt fortunate to see the parks all decked out at least for that one night. By the next day most things had come down in DL, though most of the CA decorations stayed up the entire time we were there.

We also loved the Haunted Mansion overlay and felt very lucky to be able to experience that as we live in the eastern part of the country and don't have that at WDW. We did miss out on the Small World overlay. It closed the day before we arrived to remove the overlay and remained closed while we were there. That was a bummer.

All that is to say that I think the holiday decorations and overlays are a fantastic addition to what is already a great trip. Either way, you'll have a wonderful time. Try to add on a day or two if you can. We added a day at the beginning in Hollywood as well as at the end to make full use of our DL tickets.

I did this with the Halloween decorations up and the Haunted Mansion decked out. It was cool and, they gave us tickets to do Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party our last night there. And reserved an awesome spot for the parade during the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!