ABD Venice Flooding??

neurosx1983

Mouseketeer
Long time reader and listener of the podcasts, first time poster:

My family is booked on December 2019 Italy ABD. I've been reading about the historic and devastating floods in Venice on the news. Any one out there have any ideas whether or not this will impact the trip? Wondering if any back up plans will be announced by ABD since they are saying a lot of hotels are majorly damaged.

Hopefully by then the water levels will have gone down. Venice has a lot of experience with "aqua alta" and know how to handle the clean up when the waters subside.

I haven't heard of any hotels being "majorly damaged", but if it affects the hotel that ABD uses they will arrange alternative lodging....possibly even some other city in Italy. For the best information contact ABD. There should be contact info in the booklet.

The Italy trip does go to St. Mark's square and the Doge's palace, which are two places impacted by the flooding.

I hope the flooding will be over by the time your trip arrives there, but you could call a Vacationista to see what ABD has planned for contingencies,

It is out of everyone 's control at the moment ... I am sure that a back up plan will come soon

Remember that ABD is not the only company effected . they will have to join the Q for alternative hotels after the

big tour companies of Europe

It is out of everyone 's control at the moment ... I am sure that a back up plan will come soon

Remember that ABD is not the only company effected . they will have to join the Q for alternative hotels after the

big tour companies of Europe

Yes it seems like, from the groups we researched, A&K Family has an Italy itinerary pretty similar to ABD. Same hotel in venice.

"Acqua Alta" happens yearly from October-April. It's similar to hurricane season in in the Caribbean - no one can predict how bad it will be this year. The only way to avoid it is to avoid travel to Venice during these dates.

Most buildings don't use or can easily evacuate the ground flood. Raised platforms will be setup to walk over the water in St. Mark's square.

-Paul

Yes, that’s exactly my point. This flooding seems to be in the headlines almost on a daily basis and not the usual acqua alta that some of you guys are describing. Hopefully things subside over the next few weeks

According to the news yesterday, all stores are closed and residents are being evacuated from Venice.
What news service had this story? I didn't see anything like that.

It was on the newscasts where I live. Not sure about where you are. Some of these tides are reaching 5 feet in areas. I think that's more than just the usual flooding. That's almost as tall as I am.

Our newscasts are covering not just this but the wildfires raging in Australia.

I'm in the US, not too far from WDW. Our national and local news services have all covered the issue, but have said nothing along the lines of all stores being closed and residents being evacuated. In fact, the all show people going about their business.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!