? about checking in early at PB hotel

mcdaniel2903

Earning My Ears
So we have a had a change in plans now that Universal upgraded my tickets to the buy 2 get 3 free day ticket. Will be staying a night earlier than planned at an offsite hotel. It is my understanding that the day I am to check in at PB I can go to the hotel early in the morning, check in and park my car, then get my tickets and express pass and then go to the park and return around 4 to actually check in to the room. Is this correct? Was not sure considering the room key is the express pass and that morning I would technically not have a room at this time. Just wondering how this all works.

So we have a had a change in plans now that Universal upgraded my tickets to the buy 2 get 3 free day ticket. Will be staying a night earlier than planned at an offsite hotel. It is my understanding that the day I am to check in at PB I can go to the hotel early in the morning, check in and park my car, then get my tickets and express pass and then go to the park and return around 4 to actually check in to the room. Is this correct? Was not sure considering the room key is the express pass and that morning I would technically not have a room at this time. Just wondering how this all works.

Yes- you can check in early- even without your actual room key. They will give you a temporary key for express pass use- and later when you do check in and your room is ready they will either activate your keys or provide new keys. At HRH, they text us when our room is ready. The text will either give you your room number and they keys we have work or ask us to stop by the front desk for new keys.

They'll also send you a text when your room is ready.

Sometimes ;) In all my stays at Universal, they always tell me they will text when my room is ready, and I've never received one. I always have to stop back at the front desk to get my room number, and they always have to re-program my key card for the room. Seems to be hit or miss, but not really a big deal.

I'll also caution that room charging privileges don't start until the room is ready, and they end at check-out time on your last day. We found this out the hard way. lol!

On a side note. Check out the AP prices. When we were there last Fall it was about the same price for an AP than it was a few days tickets.

Sometimes ;) In all my stays at Universal, they always tell me they will text when my room is ready, and I've never received one. I always have to stop back at the front desk to get my room number, and they always have to re-program my key card for the room. Seems to be hit or miss, but not really a big deal.

I'll also caution that room charging privileges don't start until the room is ready, and they end at check-out time on your last day. We found this out the hard way. lol!
That’s good to know about charges. Hopefully my room is ready, on room requests form there was a spot to check for early arrival. If not, no big deal. We’ll leave everything will Bell Service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!