? about DVC Guides

TeresaNJ

Magic Begins With Me
Does anyone know if they have to have a realtor's license? I have sold three myself (haha) just by talking to friends/family/coworkers, and think I would love to be a part-time guide. My husband may be having a job transfer in the next few months to the Orlando area, so I wanted to look into this.

It's my understanding that they do have a FL realtor's license. It's a difficult job to get - I have a friend in FL who has her FL license and has been trying to get into DVC sales for the last five years.

Good luck!

Cyn

They were hiring as of March 10th. . . here's the job description.

http://jobsearch.disneycareers.newj...ogo=0&q=guide&col=dltcj&lid=8678&sort=dt&vw=d

Title: Vacation Club Guide X100843 US-FL-Lake Buena Vista

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Provide daily face-to-face and telephone sales presentations to Guests and Disney Vacation Club Members in a consistent and organized manner, utilizing the Disney counselor sales approach/training produced by the Disney Vacation Club Sales Management team. Demonstrate sales skills and business savvy to move prospects and members toward a buying decision while making provisions for follow-up in order to obtain the sale by mail. Deliver the Disney Vacation Club message concisely and consistently and demonstrate in-depth product knowledge on both Disney Vacation Club and Walt Disney World.

REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (These are the minimum qualifications you need to be considered for the job.)

Bachelor’s degree or equivalent

Minimum 3 years direct professional sales experience

Proven experience working in a competitive sales environment

Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills

Demonstrated partnering and interpersonal skills

Ability to be flexible with working in a single location (non-field) structured environment, telephone sales and often unique sales/marketing channels

Ability to maintain a continuous positive and professional attitude

Ability to maintain long-term relationships with members

Ability to be flexible with work schedule including, evenings, weekends and holidays

Willingness to participate in some travel

DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:

Proven Florida Real Estate License

Demonstrated multilingual abilities in Spanish and/or Portuguese

I would love to know how much their commissions are. I think it would be a great job to have.

Just think, discounts for more points. :banana: :cool1: :banana:

I'd like for them to start giving us members something for making a sale. I've sold 2 people on DVC.

bpmorley said:
I'd like for them to start giving us members something for making a sale. I've sold 2 people on DVC.

I got some very nice business cards with my name on them .Discover the Secret.

You should also (depending on your state laws)some insentives for refering for sale.It can go towards dues ,Disney dollars,and a few other things .

Sounds like a dream job and who better to sell than someone who has enjoyed the benefits! Good Luck!

tmt martins said:
I got some very nice business cards with my name on them .Discover the Secret.

You should also (depending on your state laws)some insentives for refering for sale.It can go towards dues ,Disney dollars,and a few other things .
After I got a second friend to buy DVC I got a call from my guide. He handled both people that I referred. He kind of gave me the run around. I'm not even sure if I got a Thank You. I'm sure he made some commision.

Well, if you need a bachelor's degree that leaves me out. I'm an RN with an associate's degree and a few classes towards my bachelor's, but have NO plans on going back to school to complete the four year degree. It's costing me enough to put my daughter through school, and for what it would cost me to finish, I don't think the job would be worth it.

I just thought since I'm such a people person, love DVC, and reasonably bright and intelligent, in my opinion at least, LOL, that I'd make a great guide. I know my brother would have never bought SSR if I hadn't sold him on it and the benefits of owning. Oh well, it was a nice dream while it lasted.

I know I'll have no problem finding a job as an RN since there are major shortages everywhere, I just also wanted to have a somewhat enjoyable job too!

Hey Teresa, why not check into working for Disney as an RN. Gotta believe WDW needs RN's given the size of the place. Just a thought :confused3

I checked into that sometime ago and I was told that they do not use nurses in their first aid centers. I'm not quite sure who they are using though. My cousin was a CM for a long time, was Mickey/Minnie/Donald. She is the one who told me no nurses. I think they use people who took first aid courses. This way they can pay ALOT less! :rolleyes:

4mcbjCtr said:
I would love to know how much their commissions are. I think it would be a great job to have.

Just think, discounts for more points. :banana: :cool1: :banana:

My understanding is they do not get commission, but do have a quota to make. Also they do have an incentive program for sales leads you get Disney Dollars based on the sale, as long as you refer to your guide. Some states and Canada do not allow incentives. New Jersey and PA do allow, I know because my sister got a couple hundred DD for refering me, she lives in NJ. I live in PA and know incentives are allowed here. Make sure you check with your guide they'll know if you state allows incentives. Then make sure the purchaser asks for your guide and informs him/her that you refered them.

fishermouse said:
My understanding is they do not get commission, but do have a quota to make. Also they do have an incentive program for sales leads you get Disney Dollars based on the sale, as long as you refer to your guide. Some states and Canada do not allow incentives. New Jersey and PA do allow, I know because my sister got a couple hundred DD for refering me, she lives in NJ. I live in PA and know incentives are allowed here. Make sure you check with your guide they'll know if you state allows incentives. Then make sure the purchaser asks for your guide and informs him/her that you refered them.
I sent those 2 people directly to my guide. 1 bought into SSR without ever stepping foot on the property, but my guide never gave me an answer about incentives. I emailed my friend that bought, he said he was told that PA residents could not get the incentive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!