? about eating breakfast

tchrmom

Mickey's Neighbor
We are planning our Disneyland/West Coast Cruise trip, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions for eating in Disneyland/CA? :sunny:

We are only in the parks 3 days before our cruise. We are early risers, and WDW vetrans. It seems to me that WDW has more to offer for ...."grab a quick breakfast" and run to the park. (We usually stay at the ALL STAR'S RESORT, and grab a quick bite at the food court before hitting the parks) I hate to waste all three morning with a sit down breakfast. However, I also don't want to waste the early morning "less crowded" park time, by getting something in the park. We are staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel.
ANY suggestions would be MOST Helpful!!!!!!!!

OK I know I'm rambling on like a crazy woman........... :guilty: I just feel a little stressed. And, hey.....if you ever need WDW advice........I'm your girl!
Fran
:teacher:

We bring our own breakfast foods from home to eat in hotel (cereal, bars, pop tarts, trail mix)

Downtown Disney :
You could stop at the Jazz Kitchen Express window and pick up beignets.
OR stop night before at La Brea Bakery and save some nice rolls for the morning..

I think the smoothies place is open early in the AM ... and Catal has a full service breakfast as well as Rainforest Cafe...

Inside Disneyland:
Carnation Cafe has a nice sit down breakfast.
Stop at the bakery on Main Streeet for a huge cinnamon roll.

My favorite:

There is something very magical about walking all the way back to Rivers of America/Frontierland/Adventureland and having Mickey Mouse pancakes (or the really yummy plate of scrambled eggs, potatoes and bacon) at the Riverbell Terrace.
It's peacefully quiet, little birds chirping and hopping around looking for treats, watching the boat traffic getting ready for a new day.. You feel like you are the only one there..

Gradually the area fills in with people rushing off to Splash and Haunted Mansion. But you are all peaceful and happy.. :cloud9:

My 700th post!

Carnation Cafe is nice inside DL...
or the Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast in the PPH.

As your walking over from PPH, stop in the Grand Californian and visit White Water Snacks. It's in the pool area. Think of it as a small (very small) version of the food court at the All Stars. You can get hot breakfast sandwiches or burritos, or grab muffins, cereal, yogurt, etc. And what's really nice, if you order hot food, they bring it to your table. You don't have to stand there and wait for it.

Another thing we do is just have some juice and coffee before going to the parks. Then schedule the latest possible breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen in the DL Hotel. Its usually around 10:45 or 11am. That way we maximize the short lines right at opening, then once everyone else starts waking up, we take a break and have a late breakfast/early lunch with the characters.

Great ideas! Keep them coming.

This whole Disneyland/West coast cruise thing has me so........ :worried:
We KNOW all the "ins and outs" of taking the cruise out of Port Canaveral. However, this trip has me in knots. Some much is unknown.

So.....keep thos suggestions coming! :wave:

Fran
:teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter