? about fish bowls

cinmell

DIS Veteran
We bought a fish for our 2 year old daughter on Saturday. (She watches Stanley on the Disny Channel and loves Dennis the fish so she named her fish Dennis.) The bowl is large and it has some gravel and some plastic tree thing in it. I have to clean the bowl out and was wondering what the proper way to clean the gravel is. Should I just put it in a strainer and run it under water or is there something to clean it with?

Just use your hands and water to clean the rocks. Maybe one of those plastic scrubbers if needed. Using anything else would hurt your fish. :)

A big bowl of somekind would be the best idea, and lots and lots of water.

of the rocks on the bottom..........cause it was a pain to clean those every week......I did put the rocks in the main tank that has a filter and it is good for two or three months......when I did do the rock cleaning....I just rinsed it under water with a strainer.....worked for the betas......they are alot of fun to watch.....honest......

You can purchase a gravel vacuum. It is basically a plastic tube that you shove in and out of the water to get a suction going. You run the tube over the gravel and it sucks up the poop, etc...into a bucket. Be sure to replace any water with water that has been treated to remove any chlorine. Never use soap on a tank. It it toxic to fish and destroys the good bacteria. Rule of thumb for tank sizes: 1 gallon for each inch of fish. For example if your fish is 2 inches you need a two gallon tank. The bigger the better.

Originally posted by epcotfan
. The bigger the better.

Yep, the bigger the tank, the less problems I have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter