??? about handicapped rooms @ WL

cra-z-4-dizney

DIS Veteran
Do all handicapped rooms have just a king bed in them??? Also are there handicapped rooms that have two beds in them and a roll in shower?? My mom is having knee surgery just before we go and I will need a roll in shower as it will be difficult for her to lift her leg to get in and out of the shower...what should I do??? Thanks in advance for the help!!! :flower:

This sounds like a question for Disney's Special Needs booking line (407 939 7801 last time I called)

Generally speaking disabled rooms are smaller with one king bed rather than two queens because they make the bathroom bigger by 'stealing' a part of the bedroom. When I stayed at Wilderness Lodge my disabled room only had one bed with not a lot of space for my wheelchair.

Could you ask for a 'put-you-up'?

If you can comprimise over staying at Wilderness Lodge, note that some of the disabled rooms at Boardwalk Inn are huge, with two queen beds.

(and a view of Illuminations from the higher floors)

Andrew

Andrew Bichard said:
Could you ask for a 'put-you-up'?

Andrew
Translation from British English to American English = roll away.

That is a good question for the Special Needs Department.

I have found Special Services to be extremely helpful.

I was told that there are no handicapped accessible rooms at WL at the "standard view" (ie cheapest) level.

I vaguely remember a discussion once about how, if you had three or four people in your party, and only king rooms were handicapped accessible, that they were required to give you a second room for free, but do NOT quote me on that (anybody else remember that?).

I would be very specific on the bathroom type that you're looking for, since there are differences on bath/shower types.

Good luck!
Terri

We did a king one time with 3 and they gave us a "put-you-up" for the 3rd person. Since then though I have found out that the ADA does make them have to give you the extra room since a king is only for 2 people.

Thanks for the replys eveyone...I called and did find out that indeed they did give us an extra connecting room.

yoopermom said:
I was told that there are no handicapped accessible rooms at WL at the "standard view" (ie cheapest) level.
So do you have to pay extra because of this? If so that is totally unfair.

ADA would say no. they must have rooms in all price ranges. I would fight it if they try to charge you more.

Do all thehandicapped rooms at the disney resorts only have 1 king bed? we (family of 4) are looking into Port orleans handicapped room for my son.

No they do have some that have 2 beds. But if you need a roll in shower alot but not all are king beds.usally the tub rooms have 2 beds.
just call special services and they can tell you what is available at the resort your staying at.

All the tub rooms I have been in have king beds except for AKL which had a queen and bunkbeds. Was just in a tub room at All Star Music and it had a king

the tub rooms at POR use to have tubs but I haven't been there since they remodeled a couple of years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter