? About one time use points

So I realize this is an old thread, but they are via use-year, not calendar year, right? Have some points in holding that expire in May (June UY) and may be able to use them but would need 3 points to make the reservation. If I bu three right now, say I needed some for a trip next April (2017), I'd still be able to buy up to 24, right?

So I realize this is an old thread, but they are via use-year, not calendar year, right? Have some points in holding that expire in May (June UY) and may be able to use them but would need 3 points to make the reservation. If I bu three right now, say I needed some for a trip next April (2017), I'd still be able to buy up to 24, right?
Yes, it's up to 24 OTU Vacation Points per UY.

Can you buy one time use points if you HAD points in the current use year but banked them?

We just bought a small resale contract. In June 2016, we'll get our points plus 7 banked ones. We had intended to bank the 2016 points (and say goodbye to those 7 points banked from 2015) for 2017 trips, as we already rented points for a 2016 trip.

We have a chance to extend our fall trip a night, giving us a chance to use the 7 banked points but we'd need to add to it. Will we be able to buy one time use points to do that after we bank the 2016 points? We'd rather do it that way so we can book for 2017 at the 11mo window.

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Does anyone know if they would allow you to buy 25 OTU points? If not, I will be one point short for my reservation. Do they ever make an exception to the rule of 24 max?

Can you buy one time use points if you HAD points in the current use year but banked them?

We just bought a small resale contract. In June 2016, we'll get our points plus 7 banked ones. We had intended to bank the 2016 points (and say goodbye to those 7 points banked from 2015) for 2017 trips, as we already rented points for a 2016 trip.

We have a chance to extend our fall trip a night, giving us a chance to use the 7 banked points but we'd need to add to it. Will we be able to buy one time use points to do that after we bank the 2016 points? We'd rather do it that way so we can book for 2017 at the 11mo window.

Thanks for any insight you can give!

Yup - Bank first then buy the OTU points. Banking is a final transaction so the banked points can't be put back into the original UY

Does anyone know if they would allow you to buy 25 OTU points? If not, I will be one point short for my reservation. Do they ever make an exception to the rule of 24 max?

I highly doubt it. 24 is the max.

If you need 25 points, they'll sell you an add-on contract. The reason they'll allow you to buy 24 one-time-use points is because some people's plans got messed up when they re-allocated points, and they don't sell contracts for less than 25 points. So they needed a way to allow people to make up the difference.

Hello. I have a reservation with one time use points for one night. If I decide I don't want that night can it be applied to an active wait list? I bought the one time use points for the first night of our trip to arrive early.

Now we want it at the end of our trip. It's the same number of points however the room is not available. Can I wait list the new wanted room with using the option to cancel if matched against wait list or should I cancel the first night and wait list? Will a wait list pick up one time use points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!