? about renewing AP

fkj2

DIS Veteran
My AP through the DVC membership will expire soon. I don't plan on going to WDW for maybe a couple of months at the earliest. Am I better off to renew it now? If I go ahead and renew it now, will I get a vouchure that I activate later?

Thanks for any insights.

When we first started getting APs, you could renew and get a voucher that would be activated on your next trip. WDW finally realized that folks were doing that, so they took away that option and started having renewals activate from the anniversary date of the pass. We have usually purchased an AP, used it fro 366 days, and then stayed home for 365 days before buying a new pass and activating it to start the process over. Now with the big DVC discount, we are thinking we might just renew if we plan to travel in less than 6 months. For example: This year we activated our new APs on Dec. 31 for our New Years trip. We used them again in March and will be using them again in December. Usually, we would wait until January of 2008 to buy new passes, but with the discount, we are thinking it might be best to renew, since we are now pretty sure we want to travel to Florida for spring training annually, and that means another Disney date too!

I knew I'd get the wrong board when I initailly posted this. :confused3

That's what I couldn't decide, Diane: Should I go ahead and renew now and get the extra discount for renewing on time or wait a little longer, until I can return (maybe in just a couple of months) and renew it then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter