? about renewing AP's

bpmorley

Can wear the Mickey Ears with the best of them
At the end of May we will be getting back from our 4th trip to WDW in 1 year. Our AP's expire at the end of June. We may not be going back for a year or so. I was wondering how the renewed passes would work. Would they start the day after last years expire? or will they start when we first use them? If we don't go for a year, I don't want to waste the money on passes I won't use.

AP renewals are back dated to begin the day after the original passes expire, not the actual day of activation.

bpmorley said:
so I won't be renewing them

bpmorley,
Instead of renewing, you could purchase vouchers for new APes. That way you lock in the current price of the pass, but the passes don't take effect until your next visit. (They seem to go up in price every year. )
We buy a new pass as soon as we accumulate Disney Reward dollars. We were really glad we did this because there was an increase in price just prior to our Jan visit. :thumbsup2 (Plus--who knows how long they will have this great DVC discount!)

-DC :earsboy:

AP renewals are back dated to begin the day after the original passes expire, not the actual day of activation.

Not trying to nitpick but renewals actually kick in on your "anniversary" date as WDW calls it not the day after expiration. In other words, if your original AP was activated 1/1/06, the renewal would be effective 1/1/07 and expire after 1/1/08.

dcfromva said:
bpmorley,
Instead of renewing, you could purchase vouchers for new APes. That way you lock in the current price of the pass, but the passes don't take effect until your next visit. (They seem to go up in price every year. )
We buy a new pass as soon as we accumulate Disney Reward dollars. We were really glad we did this because there was an increase in price just prior to our Jan visit. :thumbsup2 (Plus--who knows how long they will have this great DVC discount!)

-DC :earsboy:
Even if we don't get down there for 2 years? Then that will be what I do.

mrsswat said:
Are there DVC discounts on renewal costs?
They have them listed on the member site. Not sure if it's the same as a new pass or not.

I think the renewal discount is $75 off. As mentioned the new ticket starts on the same date as the original ticket. NOt a good deal if you're not using it right away. Also a good idea is to buy a voucher and tuck it away for when you need, as the price goes up each year. I bought 2 vouchers last year when the price is low, but haven't needed them as I have been renewing my tickets for the past couple of years, but if we ever have a large gap, I would not renew. In our family we stagger our passes. Hubby is May and I am October. We always go for 2 weeks in May and 2 weeks in October, and several little trips in between. This works for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter