? about timeshare tour at Vistana Village

gillytwins

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this. We willl be staying at VV in April. Hotel Kingdom called us today to offer us $100 to do the timeshare tour. Wondering what your opinions are. How high pressure are they? Thanks.

We did the tour during our stay of 18-28 January, 2002. Received the $100 in cash. We did the tour on a Saturday morning. The presentation started at 7:30 am with a complimentary continental breakfast at the main office. We are DVC owners and made it clear that we had no interest in buying another ts. The salesman was not pushy at all. We were out of there by 8:45 am. We did the presentation at a table in the kid sitting area. Our 4 year old didn't want to go in by himself. It worked fine because at that time of the year there was nobody else even in there. The salesman suggested that we do it there. Again it was very painless. We debated whether to do a presentation. But the chance to pick up a $100 cash for less than an hour and a half was too tempting. That money went into our next vacation planning bucket.

I was contacted last week about it and declined. I know it sounds crazy, but I'm worried about not being able to fit in all the things we planned already and even though it IS tempting to save some money, it's not worth my time personally, my kids would definitely not cooperate either knowing all the things awaiting them at WDW, SW, US, etc.. If my husband and I were there without the kids, then I'd definitely consider it, but on this upcoming trip.

We had a very pushy saleswoman when we were there. After 2 plus!! hours and with a crying baby we finally broke free! Never again!

If a salesperson "pushes" me past the 90 minute tour time, then I push back. Same goes for car sales people, etc. The reason we did the tour was that it did NOT take away any of our touring time during our 10 day stay. On the Saturday morning that we did the presentation, we arrived at MGM right at opening just like we planned to do, tour or no tour. Again it was the easiest $100 cash that we had ever made. I would definitely not "push" anyone to go through the presentation, but it was most painless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter