About to Go - Itenerary Sanity Check

carolina_yankee

DIS Veteran
We fly in to LAX, arriving at 7:15 pm on 6/27. Staying at HoJo Anaheim. Hopefully there by 9, and watching fireworks from balcony (gtd theme park view).

Front Desk says they can receive non-perishable grocery delivery. Albertson's says they'll deliver. Cool!

Here's the plan (We're two hearty adults):

Tuesday, hopefully an early start for DL at opening and do what we can with a mid-day break. Back for evening and fireworks. If we get a late start (East Coast jet lag), still do DL, but maybe switch to DCA and then head home for early evening. Follow recommended Fantasyland strategy and then use Fast Pass and patience.

Wednesday, predominantly DCA, definately see Electric Parade. If we got totally exhausted on Tuesday, do Fireworks tonight and switch Electric Parade to Tuesday).

Thursday, start whenever, wherever. Lunch at Blue Bayou (PS at Noon).
Fantasmic Dessert Package (ground seating) for 10:30.

Friday: Whatever we want to make up for what we haven't done. Might try Fireworks viewed from DCA or else insert selves into crowds on MainStreet.

Saturday: Early entry if we want to see anything (or hope Space Mountain is open), and then go to Long Beach to see Queen Mary and San Pedro to see Disney Magic off before going to LA.

Work in resort exploration for a lunch or dinner, probably Hooks Pointe or Storytellers. We've decided to not go for Granville's or Napa Rose given plans for splurges elsewhere in CA.

Side note: We've got tickets for Hollywood Bowl on 7/4 for their Happiest Music on Earth program!!

Any advice on which days (T, W, Th) might be particularly better or worse for DL. I'm assuming DCA will be manageable and Friday at DL will be a madhouse.

Which days are EE for Fantasyland? If we get there at 8 anyway, will Fantasyland be hopeless right out of the gate? If Friday is EE, would it be any worse than another day for the first few hours?

Dirk

You might want to use EE on Sat. since it will be your busiest day there and get an early start. Please let us know how the ground seating is for Fantasmic. Have a great trip! :wave2:

Actually, I would think that you might want to use the EE on Thursday since it'll be less crowded than Saturday (that's what we plan to do, any way). Have fun!

CindyH said:
Actually, I would think that you might want to use the EE on Thursday since it'll be less crowded than Saturday (that's what we plan to do, any way). Have fun!

I hadn't thought about Thursday, but that'a great idea since we'll probably do DCA Wendesday evening and thus won't be out so late. Blue Bayou would then be a really nice break that could tide us over until late evening.

I just can't see us doing EE on Tuesday, unless we spontaneously wake up at 5 AM!!

We have 5 day hoppers, so we could do Saturday, but if we've done it all (including any possible soft-openings for Space, or Space won't be open), we'd like Saturday to be a slow lazy start.

Dirk

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter