? about WDW photography

NoodlesTheRabbit

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone...my boyfriend and I are visiting WDW in OCT. and were interested in getting our pictures professionally taken at MK. I have read there is a package of 1 hr. session and 20-30 photos in an album. Are there any AP discounts available for this??

Also, does Disney offer any other packages? We really just want a few pictures taken and don't want the whole album thing. Anyone know?? Thanks!

AP holders I believe get 10% off the sitting fee for a family portrait. I'm actually trying to check into this myself for a family portrait in November. We haven't had a family portrait taken in several years, so I'd love to have some photos done inside MK. I'm not sure what the 10% discount entails exactly, but as soon as I find out, I'll let you know.

My husband and I did this on our honeymoon in November...we got about 36 pictures and a nice little white leather album. All of the pics didn't fit into the album though. The photographer was very nice and we did the photos at the MK before the official opening of the park so we got to go in different places that weren't open yet ...like Mickey's toon town and Tomorrowland...we had a lot of fun and love the pictures...also, we got to go up into the outer balconies of the castle for photos...

Who do you contact to set up the photo session? My cousin is getting married in May & I was hoping to be able to set something up for them during their WDW honeymoon. I thought it would be the perfect shower present!

:earsgirl:

DumboFan, You can contact Disney Photographic Services at (407)827-5099 for information on the packages they have available and to book a photo session.

I spoke with someone today about a family portrait. For the one hour session, the cost is $275 for up to 8 people in the photographs. This is the smallest package they have available. I keep seeing the price as being $250, so I'm not sure if they charge more if there are kids in the pictures, or if the price went up. I should have asked and forgot. My apologies!

You can take as many pictures as you'd like during the one hour session, usually about 20 - 30. You can choose to have the photo shoot at any of the resorts, Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, or Epcot. (Just not MGM, though.) For the $275, you get to keep all your proofs (5x5 format), plus you get 2 - 12 pictures of their choice arranged in a custom presentation folio. They usually put the best pictures in the folio. Reprints can be ordered for $20 for a 5x7 or $30 for an 8x10. I'm sure they have other sizes as well, but I didn't ask about those.

They do offer a 10% annual passholder discount which comes off the $275 for the session, but no discount is offered on reprints. Hope that helps!

Now, I just have to decide where I want the pictures taken! I was originally thinking of MK, but since we're going right after Thanksgiving when all the Christmas decorations will be up, I'm thinking the Grand Floridian would have some great backdrops for family portraits!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!