About Wet 'n Wild...

Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics
I bought the 7 day bonus passes, will be staying at the HRH and may end up with an extra day to check out nearby attractions.

We are thinking about Wet 'n Wild, for a day. Do I need to rent a vehicle or does the HRH provide a shuttle to this attraction? If so, what is the approximate cost?

Thanks in advance,

Wanda

Hi Wanda,

We just returned about two hours ago from 8 nights at Disney and 4 nights (Sooooo NOT enough!!) at HRH. Just a heads up for you... A family we became friendly with at the pool while basking in the glorious 80+ degree weather the last few days, told us they too had these passes. They took a cab to Wet & Wild (not sure about the shuttle). When they arrived, they found out that, yes... they did have free admission, but it was going to cost them $5.00/tube PER person for some of the rides, and then another added amount for something else (I didn't quite catch.. perhaps the sun (or maybe the margaritas!) fried my brain a bit.) After looking around, they found it to be unclean and not worth the extra $$. They called for a cab and returned back to the hotel.

Just one persons view. :)

Originally posted by Jillybee
they did have free admission, but it was going to cost them $5.00/tube PER person for some of the rides, and then another added amount for something else (I didn't quite catch.. perhaps the sun (or maybe the margaritas!) fried my brain a bit.) After looking around, they found it to be unclean and not worth the extra $$. They called for a cab and returned back to the hotel.
Just one persons view. :)

Wow that was not at all my experience and I was there first hand. We had an excellent time. The $5 per tube fee is for anyone (not just free passholders) renting an optional tube for the day to use at the lake or the giant pool, THERE IS NO EXTRA CHARGE for any of the rides or slides. We spent the entire day there, had a blast, and never found it necessary to rent a tube. Plus after admission there was no extra charges for anything except lockers (also optional), food and beverages, so I have no clue what the "something else" was.
August was the (very busy and crowded) month we were there, and the water and the grounds were impeccably clean with the possible exception of the game arcade which was a bit dingy and run down but certainly not dirty. Unless they've laid off all of their groundskeepers for the cool season I don't know how dirty it would have gotten since then.
Best advice in this type of situation is to rely on the boards to keep you informed but call the venue to be sure.
:jester:

I was thinking about Wet n' Wild too, for an extra day. I understand that the park can't be compared to Disney's water parks but it would provide activities for a day until we do our switch from Universal to Disney, on the next day. I planned to visit WnW as I visit all the parks, without fanatical adoration for any in particular.

I believe that Ticketmania offers good rates on the one day passes, are there any other sources for a discount?

I was aware that you had to rent the tubes, which is disappointing. Can you, likewise, bring your own?

Any info very appreciated.

I'm getting a Flex Ticket, so this info helps a lot.
I haven't been to Wet n Wild for so long, so I have no idea what to truly expect.

I did enjoy it when I went, but its been so long since I've been.

suzy:

You got by without a tube? I was wondering how necessary it was.

Originally posted by Cindy B
suzy: You got by without a tube? I was wondering how necessary it was.

I was there with my son, daughter, and nephew ages 10,12,and 11- We were there from 10am till 7 pm and found the tube totally UNneccessary. From what I observed people spent more time watching over their kid's unused tubes than enjoying them in the water. My kids never even asked for them. There was so much to do and see there they did not want to waste any time floating in the lazy river, which was the only place the tubes were practical to use. The tidal pool would be too rough of a ride, and any other areas that I can think of had free tubes available, like the kiddie area, the small calm pool in front of the black hole, and the kiddie lazy river had free teeny tubes for the small set. I do not know the park policy as to life preservers for non-swimmers, but I doubt that they would allow you to bring your own rafts since they do rent the tubes. Best advice is call them to know for sure.
The food concessions offered a decent variety of tasty treats at reasonable prices and a refillable drink deal which we took advantage of. There is even (to my dismay) a bar the serves alcoholic beverages.
There are so many attractions that the longest wait we had on any one attraction was about 20 minutes for the tobbagan style fugi-flume (my youngest made me climb this 4 story monster about 5 times). The 2 older kids were on the move all day, and still did not get to every thing the park offered (although they did do some of the favorite rides a few times which is probably what caused them to fall short of the complete tour) I said before that none of the attractions had an extra charge, but thinking back I think there might have been an extra charge for some of the lake attractions such as the knee-ski. I am really not sure on this and again my best advice is to call the venue directly and not rely on the word of mouth you get here when it comes to $$.
I have been to several waterparks, none of them were a Disney property, but I cannot imagine that they could beat this one by much.
About the only complaint I had is that if you get there any time after 10 am on a hot summer day you will find it almost impossible to stake out a "home base"-ie:chairs and/or table in the shade and after 11 you won't even find a spot in the sun.
Being experienced waterpark visitors we did not even need to use the lockers. Other than towels, sunscreen (DO NOT FORGET YOUR SUNSCREEN IN FLORIDA!) and such, I bring only the bare essentials :a bit of cash, ID, and a disposable waterproof camera in a pouch that I can lock onto a table or chair, thereby 'claiming" that chair and keeping our valuables relatively safe. A waterpark is no place for jewelry, expensive cameras, or wallets full of cash, credit cards, etc. unless you want to keep schlepping back and forth to your locker all day.
Hope this helps!

Thanks Suzy...

My son can swim, but my daughter doesn't yet. I did read, (I think) that the life vests are provided FREE.. (DONT QUOTE ME ON THIS!) My son will want to go on the fast and furious stuff (he's a 7 year old boy, what can I say?) So as long as they are no charge tubes for my 4 year old, that would be fine.

When I went in 1988, the knee ski was extra.

I don't think there is a charge for Knee Ski. But there is one for Wild One. If you go to their website www.wetnwild.com it says nominal fee for the Wild One. They don't a fee listed for Knee Ski, so I don't think there's a charge for it.

Great web site Karin! thanks! I never thought about checking for a website- Now I am ready to go again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter