Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

JacknSally

Rock on, gold dust woman · she/her
Hello, everybody, and :welcome: to Abu's AWESOME August 2015 Challenge!

I'm JacknSally :wave2: and I'll be your hostess for this month. If you would like to coach at any point, just let me know! I'm really looking forward to this month and seeing all the progress that I KNOW we can make!

Welcome to returning friends, newbies, and anyone/everyone who would like to chat about weight loss, weight maintenance, exercise, and anything related! No rules here EXCEPT to be kind and supportive of each other! No negative energy allowed!

SO let's get started! It's time to go from feeling like this...

Abu.gif

....TO FEELING LIKE THIS!

Aladdin_Abu3.jpg

We have had some wonderful threads this summer and I hope that we will continue to have some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise, and healthy living! But as always, feel free to participate as much or as little as you would like.... just remember, the more you put in, the more you'll get out.

We talk about calories, Weight Watchers, low-carb, SparkPeople, MFP, Fitbits, Jawbones, marathon training, walking, recipes, vitamins, meal planning, smoothies, juicing, motivation, YOU NAME IT!! No positive/healthy talk is off limits!

Please consider inviting a friend (either a RL friend or a Disboard friend) to join us. They don't have to LOVE Disney like we do - they only need to want to make healthier lifestyle choices!

We will have regular Questions of the Day (QOTD) and Questions of the Weekend (QOTW) to help us spark discussion and thought about all kind of topics related to healthy living, and a few fun ones thrown in there as well. Like Disney questions - after all, this is a Disney discussion forum.

So who is ready to take their first steps toward better living?!

4815ab9a686f93e6b263ad3a006c635f.jpg

Last edited:
This month we are CHALLENGING ourselves to make real PROGRESS on this journey to be slimmer and healthier. Pick a goal (5 pounds off, 10% down, 10K steps a day, etc) and devise a PLAN to reach that goal.

Share your GOAL and your PLAN with us (no need to post your specific weight.... just your goal) and watch the color of your name change throughout the month!

PERCENTAGE TOWARD GOAL

1% -10%
11% - 20%
21% - 30%
31% - 40%
41% - 50%
51% - 60%
61% - 70%
71% - 80%
81% - 90%
91% - 99%
100% OR MORE!

It will be up to YOU to decide on your goal, your plan and to report your progress either here on the thread or through a private message every weekend - I'll accept progress reports anytime Friday through Sunday, but will try to update the list of participants every Sunday evening.

If you have multiple goals for the month (example: "I plan to walk 30 minutes a day AND I plan to drink 64oz of water a day") please EITHER pick one goal to use for your progress reports OR average them both together when giving your report. It's just much easier for tracking this way. If you only use one of your goals for progress reports, that doesn't mean we don't want to hear how you're doing on your other goals!

Last edited:
LIST OF PARTICIPANTS
@JacknSally
@JennysSeven
@IHeartDale
@DisPup75
@SarahDisney
@dsnyfn1022
@Connie96
@budz211
@Keithsmomma
@ohMom
@LadyRayado
@alrushton
@bigsis1970
@Rose&Mike
@pjlla
@courtneybeth
@ThistleMae
@ImpossibleOfMe

Future Hosting Schedule
If you would like to host one of these challenges in the upcoming months, please let me know, and I will update this list. So far we don't have anyone to get us through the rest of the year!

September 2015: DisPup75
October 2015:
November 2015:
December 2015:

Last edited:
QOTD Direct Links:
I am going to try to keep this post updated with direct links to the quote of the day/weekend for easy reference along the way.

August 1 & 2, 2015
August 3, 2015
August 4, 2015
August 5, 2015
August 6, 2015
August 7, 2015
August 8 & 9, 2015
WEEK ONE RESULTS
August 10, 2015
August 11, 2015
August 12, 2015
August 13, 2015
August 14, 2015
August 15 & 16, 2015
WEEK TWO RESULTS
August 17, 2015
August 18, 2015
August 19, 2015
August 20, 2015
August 21, 2015
August 22 & 23, 2015
WEEK THREE RESULTS
August 24, 2015
August 25, 2015
August 26, 2015
August 27, 2015
August 28, 2015
August 29 & 30, 2015
August 31, 2015

AUGUST RESULTS

Last edited:

Getting this thread started with your
QUESTION OF THE WEEKEND for August 1 & 2, 2015!

a-goal-without-a-plan-is-just-a-wish.jpg

I know this is the W.I.S.H. forum, but we're here to achieve our goals, not just wish they would happen! It's a new day, it's a new month, so it's time to start (or keep!) working toward a new you!

So tell me, what is your GOAL that you will track for August 2015?! And what is your PLAN to get there?!

kth.jpg

Last edited:

@JacknSally the August challenge looks wonderful! Thank you so much for taking on the month! I will be on vacation for nearly all of August, so won't be around. But I wanted to say that I am so happy that the monthly challenges continue! I wish all of you a successful and wonderful August!

I'm in until Aug 29 :) I'll report back with my goals after I force myself to step on the scale after the month of July and three weeks of being on either vaca or a long weekend. I want to lose the fluff I picked back up before our cruise end of August

Thanks JacknSally for hostessing!!!!!

Getting this thread started with your
QUESTION OF THE WEEKEND for August 1 & 2, 2015!

View attachment 112024

I know this is the W.I.S.H. forum, but we're here to achieve our goals, not just wish they would happen! It's a new day, it's a new month, so it's time to start (or keep!) working toward a new you!

So tell me, what is your GOAL that you will track for August 2015?! And what is your PLAN to get there?!

View attachment 112044

I am in for the month of Aug.. I have been following along for a few months but couldn't / didn't want to commit.. well I am committing .. My Goal for Aug is to cut out the Carbs.. My plan is Atkins.. I know this is what works for my body and I just need to do it or I'll find myself having to be on more meds for my type 2 diabetes and that isn't what I want, next Dr appt is 9/2.. I will keep a daily carb points food journal which I have found successful in the past and it's got to be cold turkey no weaning myself down.. No bread, rice, pasta, crackers, chips, rolls, or fruit.. I will add those in later but for Aug they are out! I see lots of Eggs, lettuce roll ups, meat and veggies in my future..
Best of luck to everyone this month!!!
Thanks for hosting JacknSally..
Michelle

I am in for the month of Aug.. I have been following along for a few months but couldn't / didn't want to commit.. well I am committing .. My Goal for Aug is to cut out the Carbs.. My plan is Atkins.. I know this is what works for my body and I just need to do it or I'll find myself having to be on more meds for my type 2 diabetes and that isn't what I want, next Dr appt is 9/2.. I will keep a daily carb points food journal which I have found successful in the past and it's got to be cold turkey no weaning myself down.. No bread, rice, pasta, crackers, chips, rolls, or fruit.. I will add those in later but for Aug they are out! I see lots of Eggs, lettuce roll ups, meat and veggies in my future..
Best of luck to everyone this month!!!
Thanks for hosting JacknSally..
Michelle

:cool1::cool1::cool1::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Welcome to the group, @bigsis1970!!! I'm SO happy you're going to take the plunge and join in with us!!

This is what I'm doing, too! Not Atkins, specifically, but we have been cutting out carbs and focusing on getting a LOT of protein every day. What are some of your favorite no-or-low-carb dishes?? We've been doing this method all summer (granted, there have been LOTS of slip ups) and there are only so many way to marinate chicken, haha.

I am back and trying yet again. Ended up sidelined with an injury in July. So between that and starting a new job July was a major FAIL. Sigh. Add to that someone yesterday asked me when I was due.... seriously. I told them that ship had sailed and I was just fat. haha :)

I have to work tomorrow so answering the QOTD for the weekend early.

QOTD Goals for the Month:
  • track every single day. every single day. Every. Single. Day. (The goal being to track and not worry about what I weigh, etc.)
  • 900 minutes of reasonable exercise that I can safely do without reinjury. I am still hoping to finish the wine and dine in November so I need to get moving!
So while I would like to lose this month (I pray I lose this month) I need to reset things. So going to try these goals and see how it goes. The plan for the tracking is easy. Just need to do it. Every day. As for the exercise, 900 minutes is pretty reasonable and as long as I schedule and complete my workouts it should be doable.

The goal for this month is to achieve success--at something.
Good luck to everyone!

I am back and trying yet again. Ended up sidelined with an injury in July. So between that and starting a new job July was a major FAIL. Sigh. Add to that someone yesterday asked me when I was due.... seriously. I told them that ship had sailed and I was just fat. haha :)

I have to work tomorrow so answering the QOTD for the weekend early.

QOTD Goals for the Month:
  • track every single day. every single day. Every. Single. Day. (The goal being to track and not worry about what I weigh, etc.)
  • 900 minutes of reasonable exercise that I can safely do without reinjury. I am still hoping to finish the wine and dine in November so I need to get moving!
So while I would like to lose this month (I pray I lose this month) I need to reset things. So going to try these goals and see how it goes. The plan for the tracking is easy. Just need to do it. Every day. As for the exercise, 900 minutes is pretty reasonable and as long as I schedule and complete my workouts it should be doable.

The goal for this month is to achieve success--at something.
Good luck to everyone!

Despite all else, congratulations on your new job! And welcome to the group!! 900 minutes is TOTALLY doable - best of luck to you on your goal!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter