Abu's AWESOME August 2015 - W.I.S.H. Weight Loss Challenge! Any & All Welcome to Join!

Just stopping in quickly, but I wanted to answer the QOTW...

For this weekend, to help us be prepared to answer the QOTD for September 1, I want everyone to evaluate your goal for August and your plan to achieve it. Seriously! Ask yourself a lot of questions as you do it. Did this plan work for you? Did it not? Why? Why not? Was it the plan, or was it the person executing the plan? How many excuses did you use throughout the month to give yourself a day off or a cheat meal? How did you feel the next day? Was it worth it? How close did you come to reaching your goal? Was your goal too low? Was it too high? Was it too ambitious? Were you trying to do or change too many things all at once?

I've been thinking about this a lot since Friday morning. Ultimately, I think laziness was my biggest mistake. Laziness and not being conscious enough of what I was eating.
That said, I think part of it was also that I expected too much of myself. At the beginning of the month I set out a really detailed plan, hoping that giving myself a lot of guidelines to follow would help. But it didn't ... the guidelines just frustrated me. I have a lot of other things going on right now, and I think that I was adding too much to my schedule all at once.
My goal for September is to simplify. I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to do it (and I have a few days to figure it out), but I want to find a way to reach my goal with having to set out lots of steps that I probably won't follow.

So, how's everyone's weekend going?

QOTD for August 28, 2015
What are you going to do this weekend to take advantage of your late-weigh-in and really go out with a bang? Are you adding in some gym time or an extra walk? Do you have special low-cal meals planned? Did you bring your giant water bottle with you today? Are you squeezing extra steps out of your Fitbit, or doing squats every time you find yourself just standing (like when you do dishes!), or keeping your hand weights near you while you watch TV and using them during commercial breaks? I want to hear your LAST CHANCE plans!

I'm not doing a whole lot extra but I am DETERMINED to keep my MFP calories below my target! I had two meals out yesterday (and another one tonight) and I have made excruciatingly correct choices. I also made sure to get in a weights workout yesterday and will do different body parts today and tomorrow so I can check off three more workouts as well. This is not going to be my most successful month but I am going to finish STRONG!

For this weekend, to help us be prepared to answer the QOTD for September 1, I want everyone to evaluate your goal for August and your plan to achieve it. Seriously! Ask yourself a lot of questions as you do it. Did this plan work for you? Did it not? Why? Why not? Was it the plan, or was it the person executing the plan? How many excuses did you use throughout the month to give yourself a day off or a cheat meal? How did you feel the next day? Was it worth it? How close did you come to reaching your goal? Was your goal too low? Was it too high? Was it too ambitious? Were you trying to do or change too many things all at once?

This month was mostly a disaster for me. The high points were that I tracked every single thing that I ate (which probably kept things from spinning completely out of control) and that my step count was pretty high most days. My plan was simple enough and I know it is one that works but I just didn't follow it. I chose not to workout. I chose to ignore my pre-planned and packed lunch and just said "screw it" on way too many occasions. I really believe the problem was not the plan - it was the person executing it. I have a lot of things that I need to change about my lifestyle and I thought I was doing it slow enough to make the process easy. In retrospect, I think I might have been too gentle with myself. I'm very serious about my goals. But I haven't been serious about the effort it takes to achieve them. I want to lose another 69 pounds (and I have some fitness goals). That isn't going to happen without making some hard choices.

I'm spending a good chunk of today thinking about what that means for my Septeber plan.

Time for final check in! I weighed in this morning at (drumroll)

207.4!!! :banana::banana::banana:

That puts me down 2.6 pounds for the month (goal of 5 pounds lost) with 5 out of 8 workouts complete.

So I achieved 57.25% of my goal for August!

I'm actually thrilled with this result. I had some rough weeks but I didn't give up. I didn't fall off the wagon. I've lost 5.3% of my body weight since starting my program on June 15th and 5% is where the health benefits of weight loss start to really kick in. It also puts me in pretty elite company. According to a recent study, only 10% of obese individuals lose 5% of their body weight in a given year. Lots of people on this thread have done just that and more! I'm proud to be beating the odds with everyone in this group! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I lost 1 pound for the week which puts me at 150% to goal for this month!

In spite of the numbers I do feel like I struggled this month with a lot of cheat meals. The plan was great but the person executing it struggled and could have done much better. The numbers are good and I won't argue with 6 pounds in a month! But I'm very happy for a new week/new month/new start.

Good morning, losers!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, and has a wonderful Monday! Today's QOTD is a simple 2-parter:

QOTD for August 31, 2015:
1) Have you submitted your final results?! Please be sure to include your percentage with your results.
2) Have you signed up for the September challenge yet?! If not, go here and check it out!

I'll update the chart tonight with everyone's final results and post it here with a link in the September thread. Can't wait to see how it ends up!

I am pleased to say I've FINALLY lost a little!! I weighed in this morning at 205.5, which puts me at 6.5lbs lost this month, since I put on some weight at the beginning... However, my goal was to go from 206 to 199, so while I lost almost the whole 7lbs I wanted to lose, I'm only half a lb closer to my goal LOL. That unfortunate fact puts me at less than 1% of my goal for the month. Oh well! I was definitely thrilled to see 205 on the scale - that's the lowest number I've seen since 2013. And at least I finished at 205, rather than the 212 I was at a couple of weeks ago. September will be better!!

1) Have you submitted your final results?! Please be sure to include your percentage with your results.

I'm officially weighing in at up 1 lb for the month ... which puts me at 0%b
Yay ... not. Oh well.

2) Have you signed up for the September challenge yet?! If not, go here and check it out!

I'm there and hoping that my September is much better than August was!

Here is my check in for the month....Goal 5 pounds and join gym. Lost 9 pounds. Reached 180% of goal. Joined the gym. I went to Maine this weekend, to the ocean. Did lots of walking and swimming. Planned breakfast and lunches with a plan to eat out for three nights at dinner. Dinners out are really hard. My sweetie and I shared two of the nights out but each had our own meals last night. We also ate frozen yogurt one of the nights and we sampled stonewall jellies on Sunday (with crackers). So we did okay for the most part but even with smaller portions and exercise, I'm up a pound from mid-week weigh-in. I think it's okay to have some eating out meals when on vacation but maintaining during those times doesn't work for me. So Evan though I've done awesome this month I'm looking ahead toward a strategy to maintain my loss. That is step two in the weight loss process and could be even harder than losing! But...that's a goal and strategy for another month.

I am pleased to say I've FINALLY lost a little!! I weighed in this morning at 205.5, which puts me at 6.5lbs lost this month, since I put on some weight at the beginning... However, my goal was to go from 206 to 199, so while I lost almost the whole 7lbs I wanted to lose, I'm only half a lb closer to my goal LOL. That unfortunate fact puts me at less than 1% of my goal for the month. Oh well! I was definitely thrilled to see 205 on the scale - that's the lowest number I've seen since 2013. And at least I finished at 205, rather than the 212 I was at a couple of weeks ago. September will be better!!
Yeah....keep going...u will get there.

So, I set my goal for the last week (since I joined late) to lose three pounds. I did manage to lose two of those three pounds when I stepped on the scale this morning, so I was at 66.7% of my goal. I had actually been lower on Friday, but then Saturday we went to a tailgate and the Broncos game. I'm happy with losing those two pounds though.

I lost 1 pound for the week which puts me at 150% to goal for this month!

In spite of the numbers I do feel like I struggled this month with a lot of cheat meals. The plan was great but the person executing it struggled and could have done much better. The numbers are good and I won't argue with 6 pounds in a month! But I'm very happy for a new week/new month/new start.

Great job!

It's progress!

I'm officially weighing in at up 1 lb for the month ... which puts me at 0%b
Yay ... not. Oh well.

I'm there and hoping that my September is much better than August was!

I think a lot of us (including me) are looking forward to a better September. We can do this!

Final Results:

8.5 out of 8 pounds, or 106% of goal. :D

Woohoo!

Here is my check in for the month....Goal 5 pounds and join gym. Lost 9 pounds. Reached 180% of goal. Joined the gym. I went to Maine this weekend, to the ocean. Did lots of walking and swimming. Planned breakfast and lunches with a plan to eat out for three nights at dinner. Dinners out are really hard. My sweetie and I shared two of the nights out but each had our own meals last night. We also ate frozen yogurt one of the nights and we sampled stonewall jellies on Sunday (with crackers). So we did okay for the most part but even with smaller portions and exercise, I'm up a pound from mid-week weigh-in. I think it's okay to have some eating out meals when on vacation but maintaining during those times doesn't work for me. So Evan though I've done awesome this month I'm looking ahead toward a strategy to maintain my loss. That is step two in the weight loss process and could be even harder than losing! But...that's a goal and strategy for another month.

Look at those numbers!

So, I set my goal for the last week (since I joined late) to lose three pounds. I did manage to lose two of those three pounds when I stepped on the scale this morning, so I was at 66.7% of my goal. I had actually been lower on Friday, but then Saturday we went to a tailgate and the Broncos game. I'm happy with losing those two pounds though.

Sounds like a great week!

Drumroll please, ladies and gentlemen! Our final results are in!

Sorry this is going up a little late. I was trying to give as many people as possible a chance to weigh in. Congratulations to everyone who made it through the month, whether you gained, lost, or finished flat!

AUGUST 2015 RESULTS

@JacknSally - 11.4% | 0% | 0% | 0%
@JennysSeven - 82% | - | - | -
@IHeartDale - - | - | - | -
@DisPup75 - 14.5% | 16.75% | - | 57.25%
@SarahDisney - 17% | 0% | 0% | 0%
@dsnyfn1022 - 25% | 87% | 125% | 150%
@Connie96 - - | - | - | -
@budz211 - - | - | - | -
@Keithsmomma - 19.4% | - | - | -
@ohMom - - | - | - | -
@LadyRayado - - | - | - | -
@alrushton - - | - | - | -
@bigsis1970 - - | - | - | -
@Rose&Mike - - | - | - | -
@pjlla - - | - | - | -
@courtneybeth - 31% | 62.5% | 100% | 150%
@ThistleMae - 84% | - | 100% | 180%
@ImpossibleOfMe - - | 38% | - | -
@ANforever1030 - - | - | - | 66.7%

See you in SEPTEMBER, losers!! If you haven't already signed up to join us for the September challenge, CLICK HERE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter