Acceptable proof of ID

KimCon

Future Floridian
I will be flying with my kids, ages 14 and 10, next month. I understand that you have to have proof of identification. What is acceptable proof for kids?

TIA

Kim

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I believe kids only over l6 yrs need i.d. My kids have never been checked for i.d. even tho they're older teens.

from the age of 18 on you have to have a state issued photo id...but they do ask for it starting with kids at the age of 16 and older. must have something to do with the driving age.

Just recently returned from our trip and flight with US Air. They didn't ask for proof of ID for our two kids ages 13 and 16, although I had brought extra copies of their birth certificates. I don't have a photo drivers license, so for me I brought my government ID with photo and they accepted that.

Beverly knows!!! yep..18 and above!!! I ask this everytime I go!!!! my daughter is 17...and they never need!

All the above lead me to ask this:

What about friends flying with you?
We have asked my 15 yr. old daughters' friend (of same age) to go with us ... her full name is on the e-ticket along with ours ... will they ask to see HER ID? And, if so, what will she need?

Thanks,

William

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!