• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Access to BLT Top of the World

rowlands57

Mouseketeer
Hi folks,

I may have stale information but I understood that access to the TOW was only for DVC members staying at the BLT. Has that been opened up to other DVC members staying at other resorts? Also, if you have a guest who is not a member can that person join you, assuming we can have access in the first place.

Hi folks,

I may have stale information but I understood that access to the TOW was only for DVC members staying at the BLT. Has that been opened up to other DVC members staying at other resorts? Also, if you have a guest who is not a member can that person join you, assuming we can have access in the first place.

This is from the Members' Website:

Disney Vacation Club Members staying at any Disney-owned-and-operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort (whether they booked with vacation points or cash) may enjoy access to one of the vacation kingdom's most exclusive spaces: Top of the World Lounge atop Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort through December 29, 2014 (blockout dates apply. Including but not limited to 12/30/13, 12/31/13, 7/3/14, and 7/4/14). Current operating hours are 6 p.m. to midnight.

This perk is available exclusively to Members and those in their traveling party who are staying on that Member's reservation. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current Key to the World card displaying a Disney Vacation Club Membership notation in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. If the Member's Key to the World card doesn't display a Membership notation, a Disney Vacation Club Member ID is required in addition to the Key to the World card to verify Membership.

Note that Members traveling from other Resorts must use Walt Disney World Transportation, as parking is unavailable to anyone not staying at Bay Lake Tower or Disney's Contemporary Resort. Upon arrival, Members must walk to the Bay Lake Tower main lobby entrance on the ground floor and check in at the Top of the World Lounge desk in the lobby.

This special Top of the World Lounge access is available on a first-come, first-served basis until the lounge reaches capacity. As the lounge is particularly popular during the Magic Kingdom fireworks, arriving as early as possible will give Members the best chance of gaining admission.

Thank you very much. I have been up to the lounge in the past during a stay at BLT and I am glad that they have opened it up to others. Frankly, I think it was sparsely used at that time and I hope that opening it up garners more business for the lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter