Access to Teppan Edo in a wheelchair

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
How do you get up to Teppan Edo with an ECV? Is there an elevator somewhere? The long flight of stairs certainly can't be the only access. Then do you leave the ECV in the hallway outside the restaurant or bring it in to leave by the table?

How do you get up to Teppan Edo with an ECV? Is there an elevator somewhere? The long flight of stairs certainly can't be the only access. Then do you leave the ECV in the hallway outside the restaurant or bring it in to leave by the table?
Please see your other post on this. I answered your ?'s

There is an elevator up to the second floor. It is to the left of the main entrance to the store. We take the ECV upstairs via the elevator and then park it in the lobby up there. I believe we could drive it closer to the table, but my Mom does not need to get that close, parking in the lobby and walking is fine. It is one of our very favorite restaurants.

Does any one know if you can stay in an ecv to eat? My seat turns and I prefer staying in ecv? We have reservations for August?

Teppan Edo is a hibachi restaurant. That style of seating unfortunately does not lend itself to the space needed to bring an ECV in parallel to the table. There might be a spot or two that would work for that, but I would be surprised if the CMs let you stay in your seat while eating.

Thanks! Going to cancel reservation and dine some other place. I'm not comfortable with transferring.

there is an elevator right by where you check in.

That's upstairs. To access the elevator from ground level, you'll find it just to the left of the front entrance to the Mitsukoshi Department store at the front of the pavillion. There is plenty of room to navigate a wheelchair. An ECV would be very hard to navigate. There is room to park an ECV just to the right of the entrance to Mitsukoshi.

Thanks! Going to cancel reservation and dine some other place. I'm not comfortable with transferring.

You would not be able to fit an ECV in that restaurant at all. There is very little walking space between the tables and it is even hard to pass just walking. A manual wheelchair could be accommodated, but not a big bulky ECV. Maybe they have a wheelchair that you can use at the restaurant if you call ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!